Walnut Creek's First Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- San Ramon
- and more!
For over fifteen years, Home Care Assistance and our experienced caregivers have served seniors and their families with exceptional home care.
We provide older adults in Walnut Creek and the broader community with one-on-one support that allows them to live safely and independently at home.
As the premier home care provider in Walnut Creek, we have the deepest employee roster of skilled and compassionate caregivers. As a result, our Client Care Managers are able to match our clients to caregivers not only based on their home care needs, but also their personalities and interests. We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
Our 24/7 Guarantee means that we will be there when you need us – days, nights and weekends. Call us today to learn more or visit our office in Walnut Creek.
We offer high quality assisted living services where seniors most prefer to live: in their own home.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
Why Choose Home Care Assistance
We strive to provide the best service. Here are a few reasons, among many others.
Daily Care Experts
We specialize in around the clock care to help seniors live well at home.
Care managers are on call for clients and their families, even during nights and weekends.
High Caliber Caregivers
We typically hire only 1 in 25 applicants and provide ongoing training and supervision.
Our unique approach to care promotes healthy mind, body and spirit.
No Long Term Contracts
Use our services only as long as you're 100% satisfied.
Peace of Mind
Independent industry surveys place our client satisfaction rate at 97%.
A Trusted Partner
We’re honored to be Preferred Providers for professionals in both the medical and senior communities.
Our proprietary cognitive stimulation program addresses cognitive decline, building on our expertise in brain health.
- We are so blessed to be working with the team at Home Care Assistance. Thank you for supporting my parents, who are both frail and have memory challenges, in their last few years. Your team in the office was an amazing support to your caregivers in our home. Things are never perfect, but your response to challenges was close to perfection.
- Thanksgiving is the perfect time of the year to acknowledge my appreciation for all you do and who you are! Your support means a great deal to me. Thanks so much.
- The staff at Home Care Assistance quickly found great caregivers to spend quality time with my parents. My parents now claim that their caregivers are some of their best friends and they engage in fun and rewarding activities together. I am very confident in saying that Home Care Assistance's caregivers greatly enhanced my parents' quality of life.
- Home Care Assistance believes in giving peace of mind to clients by offering the highest quality caregivers available. They know just what's needed to give our elders a place of warmth and hope. It's the little things that make the difference, whether it's placing a cozy blanket around them when they are cold or scooping a bowl of their favorite ice cream to enjoy. Their caregivers provide great support and assistance. They look at the whole picture in order to better understand the client's needs. They know elders may face many challenges and know intuitively when to step up and do the right thing even when it's not easy. Home Care Assistance has exceptional caregivers who take pride in and lovee what they do. They light up the room by providing the right care, comfort and safety that is needed.
- Your staff has been wonderful and provide me with the relief I need. Mom is doing very well; we are planning a party for her 102nd birthday! She is a miracle and my brothers and sisters and I all know it!
- Thank you for the wonderful care you gave to our father and for the beautiful flower arrangement. You made a difficult time go smoothly with respect and dignity.
- Home Care Assistance shines above all the others for your coordination with me and for providing such wonderful, competent caregivers to clients. I am so grateful to be working with you all.
- It's been 8 months since Francesca and her wonderful staff started working with my mentor. They are always concerned about him and adjust his care routine as his needs change. Whenever there is an issue, they address it quickly and efficiently. Michael has thrived in his home environment and he owes it to the care supervisor and caregivers! They are sure to get him out and about, pay close attention to his hygiene, take him to his doctor appointments and even take care of his dog. I would recommend this company to anyone!
- My mom has been receiving services from Home Care Assistance for the past few months and I've been very impressed with their caring and attentive professionalism. The Caregivers are wonderful and have all developed really sweet relationships with my mom, as well as with my brother, sister-in-law and I. Knowing that they are the ones caring for my mom has allowed me to relax and focus on the daily needs in my own life.
- Home Care Assistance provided excellent care for my 90-year-old mother when she was released from the hospital. The Home Care Assistance management team is caring and responsive. The home caregivers are wonderful. I would not hesitate to use them again for myself or any of my loved ones.
- I needed 24-hour home health care while I searched for an assisted living facility for my mother. Home Care Assistance was highly worth it. I did not have a set schedule for my mother so scheduling was sometimes tricky. With Home Care Assistance, I never had to worry about whether someone would show up or if I could trust the person who was sent!
Meet the Team
Claudia brings nearly a decade of professional experience in senior care management to her role as Client Care Manager at Home Care Assistance. She brings vast knowledge to her role, especially in the areas of client support, quality assurance, staffing, and accounting. Claudia earned her Bachelors Degree in Business Management before entering the home care industry as a caregiver, where she quickly moved up to Care Manager after only a few months. Ever since she was young, she was determined to find a career which would make a difference in people's lives. After helping care for her grandmother, who suffered from dementia, her lifelong passion became helping seniors live safely and comfortably at home, ensuring top quality of life for them and peace of mind for their families.
Anna brings over 3 years of experience in customer service, contract/vendor management and knowledge of CRM platforms. With a background in customer service, Anna excels at communicating with others to ensure that our high standard of care is upheld. Her personal objective is to give back, which is why she enjoys being a part of an organization that improves the quality of life for older adults. Anna is a dedicated and driven team member who embodies our mission to change the way the world ages.
Briana Hampton brings more than 12 years of experience in specialty in-home care services, where she is a highly regarded caregiver and provides organizational support. Prior to her home care career, she worked in retail management overseeing staff and meeting the goals and objectives of her division. Briana’s level of personal attention to her clients’ needs made her immediately stand out in the industry putting her in very high demand to provide in-home care services, often on long-term assignments. Her talent for creating lasting and meaningful bonds with her clients is a strong trait that is immediately recognizable, and the quality of work she contributed offered her clients peace of mind and a true sense of companionship.
Briana is a member of the John Muir Health Foundation Women's Philanthropic Circle and part of the board of directors for Mobility Matters. She works closely with our Home Care Liaison, Francesca Vogel, to ensure that every client receives the tailored care they need.
Call Briana today at 925-628-0295 to learn how Home Care Assistance can help you or a loved one.
Candi has lived in Alamo for over 25 years and looks forward to using her life skills and work experience to do something meaningful and community-based. On a personal level, she took care of her husband's 90 plus year old grandmother in this community, she also took care of her ailing father and mother. Candi says she would have been very happy to have had available to her the kind of resource that HCA provides to its clients. All of these reasons blended into her interest in the Home Care industry. Doing something meaningful, being useful and caring for an increasingly growing community is what she wanted to pursue. For the past three years, Candi worked for Kaiser Permanente's IT Disaster Recovery team- developing and implementing applications in the event of a natural or other disaster. Previous to that, she worked for the UC Berkeley campus as a financial aid counselor for graduate and law students, all contributing to her experience in customer service and counseling. Candi also has a long history of contributing to local philanthropies and most recently, one of the top event fundraisers for Kaiser Permanente's Walk for your Heart with the American Heart Association.
Cherie earned her degree in Business Accounting and Nursing, completing both in the Philippines. She worked in a corporate office environment for more than 15 years and as a caregiver/medical technician, 5 years here in the U.S. These experiences allow her to excel as a hiring manager in the home care industry. Cherie's area of expertise is in all aspects of employee interaction. She excels at hiring, training, orienting, customer service, client care, and vendor service. Her personal philosophy is, "Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. Fill your cup of life with sunshine and laughter".
Elena graduated with a bachelor's degree from the Philippines, majoring in banking and finance. She worked in one of the biggest chain stores as a General Clerk for almost ten years, worked for almost three years as Certified Nursing Assistant in a convalescent facility, and worked as a Department Manager in a retail store for four years. Incorporating her skills in management and in the medical field has made her a great Staffing Manager at Home Care Assistance. For Elena, a fulfilling career is not only the money that you make but also about how you serve others and make people happy and satisfied with the service you give. Giving the best she can is her goal in everything she does.
Decebelle, known as Deci, has five years of professional experience working in the medical field as a Medical Assistant and as a Unit Secretary for a Skilled Nursing Facility and Rehabilitation Center. Deci handled administrative and clerical duties for four nursing stations, communicated between residents/patients and clinical staff, assisted with admitting/discharging patients, and staffed certified nursing assistants and licensed nurses. Deci also has an Associate Degree in Applied Science in Medical Assisting. She brings her expertise in medical terminology, staffing and communication skills to her role as Staffing Manager, where she is proud to be a part of a team that supports older adults.
As the Home Care Liaison for Home Care Assistance, Francesca Vogel helps seniors and their families navigate their care needs with compassion, experience and expertise. Francesca brings over 25 years of healthcare industry experience to Home Care Assistance including 12 years as an Eldercare Consultant for AdvoLife, now LivHOME. Francesca also worked as a customer relations manager and regional trainer for Heartland Home Healthcare, where she managed training for employees from six locations. Prior to that role, she worked in sales and marketing for several skilled home care agencies and hospitals. She even served as a cardiovascular technician which gives her direct patient care experience. Francesca is a member of the East Bay Case Management Association for which she served as President from 2009-2011. She is also a member of the John Muir Health Foundation Philanthropic Advisors Council, the John Muir Health Foundation Women’s Philanthropic Circle, the Hospice of the East Bay 2015-2017 Gala Committee and the 2017 President board of directors for Mobility Matters in Contra Costa County. Francesca received her Associate of Arts degree from Diablo Valley College in Pleasant Hill and is a Walnut Creek native.
Call Francesca today at 925-989-6877 to learn how Home Care Assistance can help you or a loved one.
Jill has been with Home Care Assistance for over four years and is a valuable asset to the East Bay team. She brings over 10 years of experience in helping families find the right care for their loved ones so that they can continue aging in place. Jill believes that most people, given the choice, would rather stay in the comfort of their home as they age and so she is passionate about working with clients and their families in achieving the highest quality of in-home care.
Joy's area of expertise is in delivering exceptional care and effective communication. She received her BS in Nursing in the Philippines and then worked as a caregiver and CNA in the Bay Area for 5 years. Through this experience, she honed her skills in dealing with the elderly, delivering first-hand exceptional care, being a good advocate for clients, and developing good working relationships with all of her coworkers. She contributes her best every day to make sure clients and caregivers have positive experiences and that her team continually grows and develops.
Her personal philosophy is to love your job and the people you're working with. She believes working with passion makes a person more efficient and makes it easier to have good working relationships with one's team. A big reason why she enjoys her role with Home Care Assistance is because of the people she gets to work with every day. She believes that getting along with the whole team makes work fun and exciting, even during the busiest and most challenging times.
KJ brings over five years of professional experience working in the medical field in various capacities to her role as Staffing Manager. She has handled administrative and clerical duties for five nursing stations and is an expert at communicating between doctors, social workers, families, residents and patients. KJ's experience also extends into discharge planning, where she has assisted with admitting and discharging patients, and staffing, where she has worked with certified nursing assistants and licensed nurses. KJ also has an Associate Degree in Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN). She brings her expertise in medical terminology and staffing along with her communication skills to her role as Staffing Manager, where she is proud to be a part of a team that supports older adults.
Margaret is a seasoned professional with over 14 years experience in the senior care industry. Her experience and background is in business development, sales and client care services. With her diverse background, she has been instrumental in connecting clients to appropriate and reputable resources. Her personal passion is working directly with clients and their families providing the support and care that they need during times of life's transitions in the aging process. She advocates for seniors, especially those who have no one to advocate for them. Additionally, she has a special place in her heart for assisting seniors who have served our country in the military. Margaret is proud to be a part of Home Care Assistance, an organization where her values align in both compassion and determination in enhancing our clients' lives by creating innovative ways to assist them in remaining in their homes.
May has a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and is well versed in the medical field. She prides herself on effectively using the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation in every task she tackles. She started with Home Care Assistance as a caregiver, which allows her to help caregivers devise effective plans of care for our clients. Aside from home care, she has also worked with her family business for over 10 years.
Nina's area of expertise is in Gerontology, specifically in case management and mental health. She has a Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW) with a focus in Gerontology. Nina has experience working with low-income older adults as a case manager connecting her clients with resources in the community and helping them age in place. She also has experience at the Dept. of Veterans Affairs in the Geriatric Medicine clinic conducting comprehensive geriatric assessments and mental health assessments. Nina has 3 years experience working with older adults. Nina believes that older adults deserve high quality, expert care and it is an honor and privilege for her to provide that to each and every client whose paths she crosses.
Susan has 25 years of experience in the healthcare field and has spent the last 17 years in non-medical home care. She started her career as a Staffing Manager and quickly moved up to Executive Director before moving to Home Care Assistance. Susan's expertise in home care and her passion for advocating for seniors is critical to her role as Client Care Manager, where she offers first-class support to clients. Susan's success in developing the client-caregiver relationship allows her to expertly match clients for optimal satisfaction and comfort. Her invaluable experience and dedication make her a valuable asset to the Alamo care team.
Victoria has been working in staffing for Home Care Assistance for almost eight years. Previously, Victoria worked for two French health companies including Sanofi Pharmaceutical, where she spent ten years as a Marketing Assistant, and Rhone Poulenc, where she spent three years as a Marketing Consultant. She also brings over eight years of experience in billing and payroll from her role at Northview Pacific Laboratory and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from Assumption College in Manila in the Philippines. Victoria is highly passionate about home care and dedicated to finding the most ideal matches for clients based on their unique care needs and individual preferences.