- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 25 Mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion
- diced (about 2/3 of a cup)*
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen spinach (defrosted and squeezed dry of excess liquid)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 pound ground beef (preferably grass fed)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large, oven-proof sauté pan, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and carrots. Cook for 3-5 minutes until slightly soft. Use a bit of water to loosen the vegetables from pan if starting to stick. Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds. Turn off heat and cool.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together.
- Form the meatloaf mixture into two small loaves.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 220||Calories from Fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9.7||2%|
|Saturated Fat 2.7||2%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.9||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8||1%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
|Vitamin D||Calcium 2|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300mg||300 mg|
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4