Palo Alto’s First Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Palo Alto
- Menlo Park
- Portola Valley
- San Carlos
- Los Altos
- Los Altos Hills
- and more!
For over fifteen years, Home Care Assistance and our experienced caregivers have served seniors and their families with exceptional home care.
We provide older adults in Palo Alto and the broader community with one-on-one support that allows them to live safely and independently at home.
As the premier home care provider in Palo Alto, we have the deepest employee roster of skilled and compassionate caregivers. As a result, our Client Care Managers are able to match our clients to caregivers not only based on their home care needs, but also their personalities and interests. We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
Our 24/7 Guarantee means that we will be there when you need us – days, nights and weekends. Call us today to learn more or visit our office in Palo Alto.
We offer high quality assisted living services where seniors most prefer to live: in their own home.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
Why Choose Home Care Assistance
We strive to provide the best service. Here are a few reasons, among many others.
Daily Care Experts
We specialize in around the clock care to help seniors live well at home.
Care managers are on call for clients and their families, even during nights and weekends.
High Caliber Caregivers
We typically hire only 1 in 25 applicants and provide ongoing training and supervision.
Our unique approach to care promotes healthy mind, body and spirit.
No Long Term Contracts
Use our services only as long as you're 100% satisfied.
Peace of Mind
Independent industry surveys place our client satisfaction rate at 97%.
A Trusted Partner
We’re honored to be Preferred Providers for professionals in both the medical and senior communities.
Our proprietary cognitive stimulation program addresses cognitive decline, building on our expertise in brain health.
Local Testimonials: Read what your neighbors are saying about Home Care Assistance!
- Home Care Assistance was such a blessing during a very difficult time for our family. We found ourselves suddenly needing assistance with my father on very short notice. My father didn't need care for very long but during the short time he was cared for, we could not have asked for a better experience. The caregivers not only took great care of my father, but they were excellent communicators and sent me text updates so that I could relax at work knowing he was ok. They even cleaned out his fridge and decluttered his kitchen, which was a task I have been trying to tackle for a long time but was always barred by my father! I cannot express how much of a godsend Home Care Assistance was for us. Now that my father is better and just needs a little help, we have set it up so that someone will come once a week to help him with various tasks like shopping, laundry, etc. I highly recommend Home Care Assistance.
- My husband is disabled and we needed a caregiver three afternoons a week to give me a break. The case manager listened to what services we needed and found a very capable caregiver. Then when my mother-in-law needed someone to help her, we immediately set up an appointment for her to talk to Home Care Assistance. She now has an aide and is very satisfied. Our caregivers are now like members of the family. We have a routine and I am able to go out without worrying about my loved ones' safety or care.
- We were impressed when Home Care Assistance provided us service overnight. Our caregiver was very prompt and helpful when it came to preparing meals and coaching on exercise and nutrition. She even went beyond the call of duty to feed the cats and empty the litter box. By the end of the two weeks, she was great friends with my wife; they enjoyed rearranging the house and wrapping Christmas presents together. When my wife recovered from her illness, we hated to see her caregiver go.
- Last year my mom fell and received a new diagnosis of dementia in addition to her mild Alzheimer’s disease. She required care while I worked but daycare programs were too lengthy and boring for her. Home Care Assistance stood out because they have a program called the Cognitive Therapeutics Method™. My mother was interviewed about her interests and abilities and matched with a interventionist who developed a program especially for her. She enjoys the stimulating puzzles and word games, in addition to music and physical exercise. This service has been a godsend for both her and me. She is calm and content when I return home from work. I have not had calls from caregivers, police, firefighters, or EMT’s at work to intervene with my mom’s behavior. She accepted the interventionist from the start and works with her without problems. These people are true professionals and I cannot thank them enough for being able to handle her care while I am at work.
- We had to hire an agency to help us with long-distance elder care and we needed 24/7 assistance. The staff at Home Care Assistance was always responsive to our needs regardless of the time or day. The caregivers were all terrific. Doing all of this from 1,000 miles away was not easy and Home Care Assistance made things as easy on us as possible. Their kindness, professionalism, responsiveness, and compassion truly stood out.
- The Home Care Assistance staff was so impressively attentive! They returned my call the same day I called about my 92-year-old mother, who needed help in the Rossmoor Retirement Community in Walnut Creek, CA. We set up a meeting at my mother's condo in Rossmoor and the respiratory therapist on staff was set up for three days a week. The first day my mom and my sister (a nurse) met her, both thought she would be perfect. She came to my mother's condo on Tuesday for her first day and they both got along perfectly; she was a great fit for us and reasonably priced. Unfortunately for all of us, my mother passed away comfortably with all of us at her bedside the next evening. We were hoping to have a longer relationship with Home Care Assistance but from what we saw, this is the best home assistance around, especially regarding high-quality care and dignity for clients.
- Please know how much I appreciate the efforts of that I received from Home Care Assistance, who collected and stored donations on behalf of the Tubbs fire victims and from Swinerton Builders who coordinated, picked up and delivered all of the donations. Immediately after the Northern CA fire took its toll on Santa Rosa, Home Care Assistance graciously “put out the word” that they were accepting donations for the fire victims. However, many of the fire victims that needed help were not ready to take much of anything, until they had a place to live. This caused several of Home Care Assistance's offices to become storage areas for a huge amount of donations that nobody seemed to want. I became aware of this issue and wanted to help turn this problem into a good thing. I knew so many people who were going to need these items, especially when they were finally settled into new homes. In addition to the donations from Home Care, I received 2-3 apartments worth of furniture and household items donated by Swinerton Builders. The best part is that Swinerton came through and delivered everything! Two months later, most of the fire victims have found long-term temporary housing and I have already been able to distribute approximately 75% of the donations to 10-12 families that lost everything. None of this could have happened without your help and for that, I am forever grateful.
- Home Care Assistance provides superior care. They have a team of devoted employees who genuinely care about their clients and go above and beyond to ensure they match a caregiver to the client for optimum satisfaction on both parts. The staff is exceptionally attentive and simply lovely to work with. Stop by the office, attend one of their many social events, and/or give them a call if looking for services. They don't disappoint. Their team of dedicated, attentive, kind, skilled individuals will welcome you into their family to provide the highest quality of care just as they would had you been family by birth.
- My mother was a very active senior but when her back pain became too great, she had to scale back and we needed to find in home care for her. Over the past three years, we have had a range of care situations from four hours a day for a few days per week up to 24/7 care. I cannot say enough good things about Home Care Assistance. I have had to manage my mom's needs remotely and they have gone so far above and beyond in my mom's care that it has been a huge weight off of my mind. The caregivers truly do care and are all willing to go the extra mile for her. The administrators have been warm, professional and very responsive to changes in her needs.
- Home Care Assistance did an outstanding job caring for my mother during the last three months of her life. From the beginning,the staff was supportive, responsive, flexible, and kind as we dealt with the many challenges facing my mother on a daily basis. They created a team of highly trained CNAs, who demonstrated over and over their dedication to making sure that my mother's needs were met. Before my mother passed away, she shared with me the deep appreciation she felt with the agency's efforts made on her behalf. She said she was very happy with the care she received. I will always be grateful for their respectful, compassionate care that made an absolute difference in my mother's life.
Meet the Palo Alto Team
Jessica’s areas of expertise are HR, Administration, and Marketing. She has Customer Service experience, and was a Certified Nursing Assistant (CAN). Jessica was in a nursing program for almost 2 years in the Philippines before moving to the United States. Taking care of her mother who has had diabetes since she was a child is something that has given her relative insight into caring for someone within her home. Ever since childhood, she loved helping her mom in taking care of her disease. Jessica describes herself as easy-going, fair, independent, and a fast and avid learner. She loves her work as a HR Admin Assistant and doing marketing, it gives her a sense of balance!
Edwin joins the Palo Alto team as a Staffing Manager, after serving as Operations/Staffing Manager from a nursing registry in Santa Monica, CA for the past 5 years. Edwin has a Bachelors Degree in Law and Science, and several years of experience working as a Human Relations Manager. Edwin looks forward to exploring the Bay Area with his family, and taking to the local hills on his mountain bike. He is always guided by this saying "When nothing goes right, go left."
Bridget Lynch, is a world traveler with a Bachelors of Occupational Therapy and over 8 years of specialized hands-on experience as a discharge planner and a community health leader, having worked on projects at the University of Australia, the UK National Health Service, and Stanford University. In addition, Bridget is also an expert on community health and safety and conducts home safety inspections, allowing her to provide clients and families with exceptional leadership and expert guidance during difficult transitions.
Jennifer joins Home Care Assistance as a Client Care Manager with over 9 years of professional experience in senior care. She is an LVN with a multitude of experience in hands-on care, managing client care, staffing, and caregiver training. Jennifer has always had a passion for seniors, as she was the primary caregiver for her grandfather with Alzheimer's for many years. She strives to make a difference in the lives of seniors and is overjoyed to be a part of the Palo Alto team.
Jennifer became an LVN in 2009, worked as an LVN from 2009-2015 in communities with independent, assisted living, and memory care. She then promoted to Wellness Director at a senior living community in 2015. Her personal philosophy is to be there for those that are in need, no matter how big or small. Jennifer loves being able to make a difference in the lives of others and find peace in knowing she was able to assist in enhancing their quality of life.
Jonathan came to Home Care Assistance after working for a retirement community in Palo Alto. He has worked in retirement communities for the last 10 years and his last position was as a Resident Services Director. Jonathan enjoys helping seniors because he understands how hard is for them to realize they are not as independent as they were before. He also knows how difficult is for their family to deal with all those changes. This insight comes from his personal experience growing up with his grandparents. Helping seniors is his passion and he truly enjoys working with seniors.
Megan graduated from San Francisco State University in May with a BA in Political Science. She has held managerial positions before and is excited to begin in the home care industry. She believes that you get back what you put into the world, so she looks forward to bringing positive energy to every interaction she has. She brings previous managerial experience where she was responsible for scheduling staff members. Her organizational nature will also be key to her success. She looks forward to getting to know her caregivers so that she can successfully match them with clients.
Renee brings nearly 20 years of experience in the medical field to her position with Home Care Assistance. She started her career as the Unit Coordinator in the medical office at juvenile hall in San Mateo County, where she was employed for 10 years. She then moved on and worked 8 years as a Clinic Supervisor in a neurology office, specializing in Parkinson’s Disease and other movement disorders. She worked with an in-home care agency where she interviewed, hired and on-boarded all new hires, and staffed caregivers to clients. Renee’s smile shines through as she answers the phone, providing exceptional customer service to all.
Yanci brings over three years of experience in home care and sub-acute rehabilitation centers to her position with Home Care Assistance. Yanci has an Associate's Degree in Business as well as her CNA License and HHA Certification. Yanci is an independent, confident and decisive self-starter. She has a strong sense of urgency, can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions, and can generate novel ideas and deal with them swiftly.
She believes the world is what you make it, so why not make it the best that you possibly can by helping others.
Gayle has 20+ years of experience in operation management, primarily in finance and health care. Her area of expertise is in Human Resources. Gayle received her HRCI from Cal State East Bay and has her PHR certification. Her greatest joy is being able to recognize talent in an individual and being instrumental in assisting caregivers in their career path.
Ryna brings years of experience in the senior industry to her role at Home Care Assistance. Previously, she was a Program Director in a residential community, where she assisted with the day-to-day delivery of resident-centered programs including current event discussions, mindfulness meditation and cognitive exercises. Ryna created, developed, and lead engaging activities, events, and services. She received her B.S. in Biology with an emphasis in Physiology from San Francisco State University with the long-term goal of working in the division of geriatrics. During her college years, Ryna volunteered at California Pacific Medical Center in Irene Swindell's Alzheimer's Residential Care Program where they provided expert care for those with Alzheimer's Disease and related forms of dementia. This reaffirmed her passion for working with the elderly. Ryna firmly believes in honoring individuality and preserving dignity. Her mission is to make a positive impact on the Greatest Generation.
Deanne Belcher, RN joins Home Care Assistance Palo Alto as the Director of Business Development. Belcher is a highly-acclaimed home and health care expert with over 30 years of experience in the Bay Area. As Director of Business Development, she will coordinate home care services for seniors, educate the community on Home Care Assistance’s innovative approach to in-home care and work with other elder care professionals to help seniors in Palo Alto and the greater Peninsula thrive.
Prior to joining Home Care Assistance, Belcher worked in both clinical and management roles in home health. She started her career as a Registered Nurse before moving into the home health care arena in 1991, where she discovered her passion for home care and sales. She went on to assist with the creation and development of AdvoLIFE, a successful geriatric care management and caregiving company. As a company leader, Belcher helped with AdvoLIFE’s expansion and acquisition by LivHOME until 2011, when she became a key member of the start-up team for Agility Health, a licensed private duty home health agency. Her commitment to exceptional customer service along with her entrepreneurial spirit make her a perfect champion of the company’s mission to change the way the world ages.
Mansi is joining the Home Care Assistance Team with over three years of professional experience in home care. She is a Registered Nurse and earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from San Jose State University. Mansi has a huge heart and succeeds at staying calm under pressure which is why she thrives in the home care industry. She loves making a difference in the lives of seniors and is thrilled to be a part of the Palo Alto home care team.
Annie Duong is the Client Care Manager for the Home Care Assistance office in Palo Alto. She has worked in the home care industry for over three years and has gained insight as both a caregiver and as a Client Care Manager. Annie earned her B.S. in Health Science from San Jose State University and finds her passion in improving the quality of life for those around her. She cherishes the time she spends with the families she works with and takes pride in being able provide the high quality of care Home Care Assistance offers to Bay Area seniors.
Micah has been delivering great service to our clients at Home Care Assistance for over 10 years. She received her Bachelors Degree from San Francisco State University in Business Administration. Micah began her career at Home Care Assistance as a caregiver but was quickly promoted when her talents for matching caregivers and clients was identified. She retains a passion for the day-to-day care our clients receive and is always working to improve the quality of care we provide.
Marissa brings over eight years of professional experience in the medical and home care fields to the Home Care Assistance Team. Before moving to the U.S., Marissa was a registered nurse in the Philippines and worked as an ER and Intensive Care Unit Nurse for three years. Marissa then worked as a Quality Assurance Coordinator and Assistant Staffing Manager at a home care agency for four years prior to her role at Home Care Assistance. Marissa is extremely qualified at staffing and training caregivers and is especially helpful at preparing them for challenging cases involving medical issues. Marissa enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment, working exceptionally hard to provide the most knowledgeable caregivers to fulfill clients needs and preferences.
As a Junior Staffing Manager, Daisy coordinates client care based on their needs and preferences and assists the Human Resources department with caregiver applications, screenings and orientation. Daisy has professional experience in customer service and payroll and is certified to do in-house DOJ background checks for caregiver screenings. She is also the head of scheduling for our newest Caregivers2go program which provides on-demand caregivers at no minimum hourly requirement. Daisy has been a part of the Home Care Assistance team for three years and enjoys how rewarding it is to serve happy clients and their families.
With a degree in Health Science and over two and a half years of experience in long-term care, Jennilyn is a true professional at coordinating client care. Previous to her role at Home Care Assistance, Jennilyn work as a Long Term Care Ombudsman for the Milpitas Care Center where she was an advocate for residents, ensuring a high level of care and improving their quality of life. She brings this mentality into her role at Home Care Assistance by always striving to uphold the quality of our care services by providing the most qualified and expertly matched caregivers for clients.
Nicole has over five years of professional experience in full cycle human resources, from recruiting and hiring to employee maintenance and compliance, as well as experience with injury and illness prevention training with a home care agency. Prior to her work in HR, Nicole worked as a caregiver one-on-one for clients in the home as well as for an assisted living facility for three years. Nicole enjoys helping others and believes that whether she is hiring the most qualified caregivers in the industry or assisting office staff, she is helping make a difference.
Mel Garibay is the Scheduling Assistant for Home Care Assistance Palo Alto. He recently graduated with a B.S. in Business Administration and management. Mel enjoys his work as a scheduling assistant as he continues to build and grow his career in the health care industry. Mel assists with scheduling caregivers and performs billing and payroll tasks. He believes that client satisfaction is essential and is passionate about contributing to the successful aging of seniors in Palo Alto, California.