Palm Desert's Premier Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Palm Desert
- Indian Wells
- Palm Springs
- Desert Hot Springs
- Cathedral City
- Thousand Palms
- Bemuda Dunes
- and more!
Thank you for your interest in Home Care Assistance of Palm Desert. I am Nikhil Mehta and along with my wife Kavita, we are the owners of Home Care Assistance of Palm Desert. We have both stepped back from our professional careers to devote ourselves to the care of seniors in the California desert cities. We have been fortunate that our parents have had productive and full lives as they age, but have also seen the uncertainty, fear, exhaustion, and stress experienced by adult children who have had to provide support for aging parents. We understand the many challenges that can result from caring for an older parent or living far away from one’s parents and loved ones as they age.
At Home Care Assistance of Palm Desert, our motto is “Changing the Way the World Ages.” We have taken this vision to heart and we feel strongly that retirement and aging are not a time to stop but a time to get going. It is our mission to help provide a high quality of life to seniors in Palm Desert and the surrounding communities and to help remove the stress from their lives and the lives of their loved ones. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time. We’re here to help – (760) 345-0001.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
- I want to commend Scott Teichert for his exemplary support that he has provided to Louis. He is an amazing person that has tended to Louis’ needs better than either of us could have imagined. Besides the small things like help around the house and driving, he has gotten him on a healthy nutrition cycle, cooks him delicious meals and generally makes sure that he always healthy food on hand so that he can maintain the progress he has made.
Scott has also advocated for Louis’ needs with his doctor to ensure that he’s getting the best care he can.
I would recommend Scott, and more generally, your company to anybody who asks.
- We wholeheartedly agree that you provided dedicated caregivers who provide the highest quality of care. The companionship is more than outstanding. In the months that my wife had their help a bond existed that is hard to explain. Mary had the feeling of love and care that defies anything but a feeling of love.
For the care that your services provide I am glad to say we have been more than satisfied. We highly recommend your group to anyone that might need your services.
- On May 6th of 2016 I was released from the hospital after having shoulder replacement surgery of my right shoulder. I am a 62 year old right handed caregiver/companion who lives alone and for the first time was in need of a caregiver/companion to help me.
I would like to thank the staff at Home Care Assistance for being there for me. Their caregivers helped me with preparing my meals, daily showers, dressing, food shopping, taking me to doctor appointments and light house cleaning. They were dependable, flexible, caring and trust worthy.
Again, thank you for your excellent service.
- I began using Home Care Assistance (HCA) in February of 2016. I used them for companionship service for my wife who has dementia. HCA was not the first agency I tried. I tried two other agencies before calling HCA. After two disappointing experiences, I was somewhat skeptical when I called HCA, but my doubts were soon laid to rest when I saw Farah’s, HCA’s care giver, calm manner as she spoke to my wife and her skills in building a rapport. Farah established such good relationship with my wife during her first visit, that my wife asked when Farah would return. Since that first visit, my wife has looked forward to Farah’s visits.
Additionally, Farah introduced two factors not used by the previous care givers: an hour’s worth of exercise and cognitive reasoning exercises at each visit. I am very pleased with the care and compassion my wife receives from Home Care Assistance.
- It is with great pleasure that I can express my thanks to all the Caregivers on the great care and love they gave to my wife Michelle. Michelle looked ahead to the next day when the caregiver would come in the morning to be with her. That helped very much to help her get through the day with the love that the girls gave my wife. We will miss them all and we want to thank them for all the help they gave Michelle. So thank you again from Michel’s family to all the caregivers we love them all for being part of our family.
- Having recently suffered a broken knee cap, I needed help in my home during my recovery.
After searching the Internet, I called Home Care Assistance of Palm Desert. I spoke to Kavita who was a most caring and helpful person.
She set me up with Janetta who came by to do a consultation with me. Janetta then brought Karla to my home to assist me.
Karla helped me with showering laundry light housekeeping work and grocery shopping. She also prepared light meals for me. Karla was compassionate and professional. She was always attentive and made sure that I was comfortable.
I could not be more pleased with the service I got from Home Care Assistance of Palm Desert. I would recommend them most highly.
- After being diagnosed with an aggressive form of breast cancer, I had a bilateral mastectomy. Having a 9 and 10-year-old to take care of, I was too weak to even get bowls down out of the cupboards for cereal. Having Home Care Assistance of Palm Desert there to help was a life saver! Sandy helped me with everything from helping me with my children to taking care of our pets. It was a real blessing to have her there to help.
The office was so kind. Janetta really goes above and beyond to make sure all your needs are met and you are taken care of at the highest level. I will definitely recommend Home Care Assistance to anyone I feel may need the wonderful help.
- I have had experience with caregiving agencies for loved ones and must say I am extremely impressed with Home Care Assistance of Palm Desert. They did a great job matching a wonderful caregiver to my Uncle and have gone above and beyond to give me peace of mind since I live in N. California and am doing caregiving from a distance. As someone who has cared for my Mother with ALS and my father with Dementia, I can assure you that this company is terrific to work with.
- I am an 87-year-old woman and caregiver to my 91-year-old husband. Recently, I became ill and found it necessary to go to the emergency department at Eisenhower Medical Center. I had to find someone to care for my husband until I returned home. Fortunately for me I called Home Care Assistance Palm Desert. Nikhil Mehta answered the phone and within an hour found someone to stay with my husband until whatever time I could return home. I was most impressed with the service I received and would not hesitate to call again if needed.
- We were in an unusual situation in that we only needed temporary care for my terminally-ill mother while she stayed with her sister in California for two weeks. I have a home health care agency to help with my mom here in Oklahoma, where we live, so I have some experience with home health care and the services provided. I contacted a few agencies in my aunt’s area to see whether they would meet our needs, and not only did Kavita contact me almost immediately, she was the most conscientious, kind, and well-organized of everyone I spoke with. She did a thorough consultation over the phone to get a sense of what our needs were, what my mom’s personality is like, and which caregiver(s) would be most appropriate for my mom. Before we arrived in California, she was able to schedule two different caregivers to cover the hours we needed. She stayed in touch with me via phone and e-mail, and was there to introduce the caregiver to us when we arrived.
Kavita left a great impression from the beginning, but it was the caregivers who really shined. They were so gentle and kind with my mother, and very helpful to my aunt. Both caregivers were proactive about asking how they could help, and were efficient in both taking care of my mom and helping my aunt with basic housekeeping. If my mother did not require immediate attention, both caregivers were good about keeping themselves busy with other tasks (including organizing my aunt’s pantry!).
I am very satisfied with the care my mom received from Home Care Assistance of Palm Desert, and would not hesitate to recommend their services to anyone. If we are able to make the trip to California again, I know we will once again be calling on Kavita and her wonderful caregivers.
- My husband Jim and I, Daria Conklin are extremely pleased with the 20 hours of assistance from you Home Care Assistance Company. Hector is an amazing professional person that does his job exceptionally well. It has been a big relief for me, Daria Conklin,since my husband is considered to be 100 % disabled. Hector carefully assists my husband especially transitioning from his walker to his shower seat and out to his seat by the sink. This includes monitoring and assisting my husband with activities of daily living . Hector, also, helps with dressing especially with his shoes & socks. Hector is also great at reminding and supervising his exercises from his PT doctor and monitors Jim when on his exercise bike and transitioning off and on the bike. Hector reminds Jim to make healthy choices during meal preparation and keeps Jim company during his meals to make sure he eats safely & comfortably.When, Hector comes, I, Daria can leave our home to do errands( banking, post office, grocery store etc.)and I do not have to worry about my husband being home alone. It is a huge relief and has made my husband and I have a better quality of life.
- Approximately six months ago we became the trustee and responsible party for 95-year-old longtime family friend in the Palm Desert area. While our friend lives in a assisted living facility – he has many personal needs that were not being met. We called Nikhil and Home Care Assistant Palm Desert to see if they could help us with our friend. Well, let’s just say that Nikhil and his team of caregivers have been unbelievable! HCA Palm Desert – has helped us with everything from matching the perfect caregivers for our friend seven days a week, they monitor his every need from groceries to organizing his pedicures to making sure he has his correct reading glasses to even helping us recently move our friend to a smaller facility . They are all amazing. Their professional service has been critically important for us since we don’t live in the Palm Desert area. Every day we have the telephone number of the caregiver we can call and monitor our friend as well as almost 24 hours a day access to Nikhil to deal with unexpected developments. Nikhil and his team are unbelievably professional, patient, kind, proactive, industrious and fabulous communicators. We are thrilled to have Nikhil and his team working with us
- We have used many home health care agencies in many cities over the years BUT have never found anyone as Wonderful as Home Care Assistance of Palm Desert. We contacted them with urgent need for care for my 85 year old Mother in Law. Kavita the owner was able to respond immediately and was able to have a nurse and several caregivers available to meet with us within several hours. They were all professional with thorough background checks and extremely well trained. They were kind compassionate and were available to us 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We always were able to reach a person on the phone 24 hours a day and never had to leave a message or talk to a service. They went above and beyond what we ever expected. The owners even went out of their way to shop for groceries when we discovered that my mother in law needed food. I have never met a kinder more professional group of caregivers and I would never use anyone else in the future. I feel very lucky to have found Home Care Assistance of Palm Desert.
- Thanks to the very timely assistance of Home Care, Father Richard Deitch began recovery from recent surgery. The companionship during his first day out of the Hospital and competent care were second to none. The cordial introduction to your program and the agency’s proficiency were noted by both of us and the health professionals who also visited during this time of need. We commend your services without hesitation. And would recommend your agency to our friends and family. If any need of ours should recur in the future, we will call upon you immediately. Thank you for your gracious service and care. God bless and keep you! Padres…
- Dear Ms. Mehta, I want to thank you and your staff for all the wonderful care I have received over the past six months. Jennifer is not only a warm, kind and excellent caregiver, her personality made our time together a pleasure for me. Your office staff were always helpful and very responsive. I can’t thank you enough for help with my recovery.
- The only way our loved one could return from Eisenhower hospital to her assisted living was with 24/7 care. Home Care Assistance worked with us to find the best possible care for our loved one. She is almost 90 and never had a caregiver. It was a difficult challenge to make it work and Home Care Assistance professional expertise was invaluable. We were a family that had no experience with caregivers and feel very blessed to have found Home Care Assistance to care for our loved one. The bottom line is what is best for our loved one and Home Care Assistance totally strives for that goal.
Meet the Team
Home Care Assistance of Palm Desert is proud to welcome Jack Kratochvil as Manager of Business Development and Community Liaison. Kratochvil brings more than two decades of experience in the healthcare industry as a sales/marketing executive managing multi-million dollar portfolios for worldwide corporations such as ResMed, Zimmer, Smiths Medical, and Bristol-Myers Squibb. Most recently Kratochvil owned and operated a real estate investment firm. His broad background implementing strategic efforts in sales and business development has brought great success to many ventures in the healthcare field. Kratochvil looks forward to add his business acumen to the team assisting and educating families, health care providers, and the Coachella Valley community.
Nikhil has more than 25 years of financial and general management leadership experience in high technology, medical technology, biotech and Cleantech companies. He has been a C level executive for the last 15 years. His experience includes significant operational finance management in manufacturing companies including profit improvement, IPO and follow-on equity issuance, debt procurement, several acquisitions, divestitures and a reverse merger. Nikhil served as Chief Financial Officer of Clean Diesel Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: CDTI) from July 2008 to August 2014. He also served as Interim CEO from December 2013 to July 2014. At CDTi, Nikhil engineered a reverse merger and was instrumental in raising equity capital and debt procurement. From 2005 to 2008, Mr. Mehta served as Chief Financial Officer of Spacelabs Healthcare, Inc., a medical technology company and wholly owned subsidiary of OSI Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:OSIS). Nikhil served as Vice President of Corporate Development for OSI Systems, Inc. from 2002 to 2008, where he participated in or led several acquisitions and the IPO of Spacelabs on AIM. From 2000 to 2002, Nikhil was Chief Financial Officer of Advanced Tissue Sciences, Inc., a previously listed NASDAQ biotechnology company. Nikhil also spent over 15 years in several senior financial management positions with Xerox Corporation and strategic management positions at Citibank. Nikhil received an MBA degree with distinction from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and Bachelor of Commerce from Bombay University.
Janetta Rhoades has over 15 years of experience within the senior care industry. She has an extensive educational background, graduating from Montgomery College and earning her Certificate in Gerontology. Furthermore, she is licensed by the State of California, Department of Social Services in Residential Care for the Elderly.
Ms. Rhoades began her professional career in 1997, when she started working for Bellaire Retirement Home in Loma Linda, California as the Care Manager. For a short time in 1999 and 2000, Ms. Rhoades acted as a Teacher Aid for the San Bernardino School District, California where she worked with children who had learning difficulties.
From 2001 to 2005, Ms. Rhoades worked at Sunrise Senior Living where she held various positions in various locations in Virginia and Maryland. Janetta moved back to California in 2005 and until 2012 worked at Sunrise Senior Living as Assistant Living Coordinator in Brighten Garden of Rancho Mirage until 2010 and then as Assistant Living Coordinator and Residential Care Coordinator at the company’s San Marino, California location. From 2012 through 2014, Ms. Rhoades held the position of Memory Care Program Director at Emeritus of Rancho Mirage, where she developed and facilitated programming to meet the needs of residents with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, parallel with conducting resident health assessments, care planning, and family interviews. Furthermore, she had trainer and human resource duties such as hiring, scheduling and directing the work of all Memory Care employees, planning, conducting and implementing staff training and coordinating educational opportunities.
Janetta brings with her a passion to provide care to seniors along with significant expertise in memory care and dementia care.
Kavita has been a pre-school teacher for over 2 decades and also a pre-school administrator for the last 4 years. She has been an integral part of helping educate and raise several hundred children in New York, Connecticut and Southern California. She has also worked as an accountant. Kavita has a Bachelor OF Commerce Degree from Bombay University.
Nikhil and Kavita have two children. Their son Arjun obtained his MBA from The Marshall School at the Unversity of Southern California and is Director of Business Development at a global company based in the Los Angeles area and their daughter Jaya graduated from the Jefferson Medical in Philadelphia and is currently a resident physician at The Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Andrea brings over 30 years of experience in the Senior Care industry. She has been a Caregiver, a Coordinator in a memory care center and a Remote Office Manager and Staffing Coordinator in the in-home care industry. Andrea is passionate about providing the highest quality of care for seniors and those with unfortunate disabilities.“What attracted me to Home Care Assistance was their commitment to help clients thrive and reach their maximum potential no matter what their age. In addition, Home Care Assistance impressed me with it’s unwavering commitment to hiring the best caregivers and treating them with respect and providing them with a great work environment. The holistic care philosophy is evident in the extensive training given to caregivers in the Balanced Care MethodTM and the Cognitive Therapeutics MethodTM. I feel that Home Care Assistance provides me the ideal environment to pursue my passion.