Massachusetts' First Choice for Senior Health Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Greater Boston
- and more!
Home Care Assistance of Massachusetts was founded in 2007 with the commitment to give back to the community. The owners of the business have many years of management experience, professional health certification and the passion to put their client’s needs before their own. Our business provides home care services across the Greater Boston and MetroWest areas as well as on Cape Cod and the Islands, with operations based out of their main office in Wellesley.
We provide older adults in Greater Boston and the broader community with the one-on-one support that allows them to live safely and independently at home.
As the premier home care provider in Massachusetts, we have the deepest employee roster of skilled and compassionate caregivers. As a result, our Client Care Managers are able to match our clients to caregivers not only based on their home care needs but also their personalities and interests. We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
Our 24/7 Guarantee means that we will be there when you need us – days, nights and weekends. Call us today to learn more or visit our office in Massachusetts.
We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
Why Choose Home Care Assistance
We strive to provide the best service. Here are a few reasons, among many others.
Daily Care Experts
We specialize in around the clock care to help seniors live well at home.
Care managers are on call for clients and their families, even during nights and weekends.
High Caliber Caregivers
We typically hire only 1 in 25 applicants and provide ongoing training and supervision.
Our unique approach to care promotes healthy mind, body and spirit.
No Long Term Contracts
Use our services only as long as you're 100% satisfied.
Peace of Mind
Independent industry surveys place our client satisfaction rate at 97%.
A Trusted Partner
We’re honored to be Preferred Providers for professionals in both the medical and senior communities.
Our proprietary cognitive stimulation program addresses cognitive decline, building on our expertise in brain health.
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Team
Larry is responsible for the business’s staffing, finance, operations and marketing activities. Larry collaborates with Carolyn and Don on ensuring that the business’s marketing message is correct and is well-received by the community as well as manages the overall day to day operations of the business. His years of experience as a business and product manager in high tech firms give Larry the skills necessary for this role. Larry’s own family experiences with his own 107 year old grandmother caused him to seek out better solutions to elder care. Over 30 years ago when his grandmother first needed care in her home, the home care industry did not exist. It was a scary prospect for his family to consider who the state would send each week. Larry is happy that he, Carolyn and Don are able to make a difference in the lives of elders across Massachusetts.
Don is responsible for developing strategic partnerships and growth. Don joined the business from iSchoolConnect, an online platform for College and Universities to source qualified International Students, where he was CEO. Building on a successful career in sales at Xerox, Don began to specialize in management, leadership and sales consulting. He has worked with such clients as the Bank of Nova Scotia, Guardian Life and Royal LePage. Don has been invited to speak at several universities, companies and government agencies to share his expertise and appeared on local and national television and in print media. Don has also served as Vice President of Business Development for Executive & International Health at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and an Executive in Residence at Bentley University. Don has a BA in Political Science from Wheaton College and an MBA from Bentley University.
Carolyn is a licensed, professional pharmacist in the states of Connecticut and Massachusetts. She is the business's primary Client Care Coordinator and voice of the business' radio and television advertising. She takes most of our client telephone calls, assesses their needs, visits with clients and their families in their homes or hospitals and works closely with Larry and Don to identify the most appropriate caregiver for our clients' needs. She started this business after several years of pharmacy experience and a desire to monitor and advance the care of her patients; something that was becoming increasingly difficult in our insurance-mediated country. Additional personal experiences with her grandmother's sub-adequate stay in a nursing home many years ago before home care was widely available caused Carolyn to seek out a better solution for our aging families. Carolyn is thrilled to finally be making a real difference in the lives of our clients and of their families.