The Home Care Assistance Advantage
Why Choose Home Care Assistance
We strive to provide the best service. Here are a few reasons, among many others.
Daily Care Experts
We specialize in around the clock care to help seniors live well at home.
Care managers are on call for clients and their families, even during nights and weekends.
High Caliber Caregivers
We typically hire only 1 in 25 applicants and provide ongoing training and supervision.
Our unique approach to care promotes healthy mind, body and spirit.
No Long Term Contracts
Use our services only as long as you're 100% satisfied.
Peace of Mind
Independent industry surveys place our client satisfaction rate at 97%.
A Trusted Partner
We’re honored to be Preferred Providers for professionals in both the medical and senior communities.
Our proprietary cognitive stimulation program addresses cognitive decline, building on our expertise in brain health.
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Visit Our Office Today!
Meet the Team
Matt provides strategic, financial and operational leadership for the Home Care Assistance business in Nebraska. In addition to ensuring we fulfill the company’s mission to “Change the way the world ages”, Matt’s passion is to create a great place to work for all Home Care Assistance people. He explained, “Our people provide incredible care for our clients every day; I think it is only fair to make sure they feel valuable and cared for as well.” Prior to HCA, Matt enjoyed a 25-year career in the manufacturing sector holding positions in sales, marketing, finance, procurement and general management. Matt is also active in a wide variety of public service, church and academic organizations.
Amy oversees client care and caregiver hiring, training and client-caregiver matching. From the first assessment to on-going client care plan evaluation, Amy seeks to understand client needs and to assure each person receives the highest level of care. She has an extensive background working with caregivers and elders, including advanced training in Hospice, Dementia, and Alzheimer’s care. “My journey to Home Care Assistance came through a calling by God to serve his elders. This calling has turned into a passion to serve our clients with the highest quality of care through our unique care model. We bring assisted living into the home, wherever you call home. Gone are the days of receiving this level of care only if you move to a living facility. My greatest desire is to give elders their #1 choice of where they want to safely age; at home. As Dorothy wisely stated while clicking her ruby slippers together…”there’s no place like home,” ” commented Amy.
Jeremy Hohlen is the General Manager at Home Care Assistance. He was born and raised in Nebraska. For nearly the past 20 years his career has been centered in elder care as an Assisted Living and Nursing Home Administrator, Vice President of Operations at a large Continuum of Care provider and most recently as the President & CEO of a statewide association comprised of non-profit independent, assisted living and long term care communities. His extensive background in older adult care, including vast experience in Hospice, Home Health, Alzheimer’s and Dementia, has uniquely prepared him to lead and guide our care team. Jeremy is passionate about caring for older adults. “At Home Care Assistance, we want to change the way the world ages. It is our mission because we believe helping older adults live their best lives, wherever they call home, is essential to their well-being and quality of life,” says Jeremy. “Through emphasizing physical and mental activity, healthy diets, social engagement and fostering a sense of purpose, we can encourage healthy aging, and longevity. We call this our Balance Care MethodTM and train every caregiver on its guiding principles. It’s just one of the ways we have a higher standard of excellence and do home care differently.”
As Director of Operations, Melanie functions as a key member of the management team. She leads the group responsible for maintaining our business processes and software. Her main function is to keep these areas running efficiently so we can effectively care for our clients. Melanie comes to HCA with 15 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry bringing extensive knowledge of HR practices, scheduling, financial, and technology. “Making a move to the home healthcare field was important to me as I am passionate about helping others and am excited about being a part of changing the way the world ages,” says Melanie.