La Jolla's Premier Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Rancho Santa Fe
- La Jolla
- North County
- San Diego
- and more!
For over fifteen years, Home Care Assistance and our experienced caregivers have served seniors and their families with exceptional home care.
We provide older adults in San Diego and the broader community with one-on-one support that allows them to live safely and independently at home.
As the premier home care provider in San Diego, we have the deepest employee roster of skilled and compassionate caregivers. As a result, our Client Care Managers are able to match our clients to caregivers not only based on their home care needs, but also their personalities and interests. We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
Our 24/7 Guarantee means that we will be there when you need us – days, nights and weekends. Call us today to learn more or visit our office in San Diego.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
- I would like to let you know what a wonderful representative for your company Jackie from your La Jolla office is for your company. When I called, I had no idea what to ask about and was very stressed. Fortunately for me, Jackie was the one who took my call. She made me feel very comfortable that Home Care Associates could take care of my husband's needs and also answered all the questions I didn't even know to ask about.
She kept in touch with me until we had a date certain for him to go home and found a very good caregiver, Elizabeth, who made him feel comfortable and trusting and took care of all his needs. At one point, we had a minor scheduling problem. Jackie took my call at 6:00 pm on Friday and resolved the problem within a few minutes. She then called me back and let me know that everything was okay. She is very dedicated.
- When I went in to Home Care Assistance in La Jolla, they were having a cooking class to demonstrate how to prepare healthy food for seniors. How cool is that? I also heard they do yoga and other types of classes. My grandfather used a home care agency in Canada and although the caregivers were friendly, they never had services like this. The director, Jennifer Muskat, was extremely friendly and helpful and I have never had any issues with anyone from the office calling me back when I needed information. I would for sure recommend using Home Care if anyone in your family needs this kind of assistance/care.
- I liked the fact that if a caregiver wasn't a perfect fit for Dad, I could request a new caregiver instead. That only happened once. It wasn't that the caregiver was inadequate, in fact she was very skilled. She just didn't "click" with Dad. But all it took was one quick phone call to the scheduler and an immediate and perfect solution was found. Whenever I called their office, they listened. It was obvious that they really cared...My family and I highly recommend Home Care Assistance, and its dedicated staff and employees, to anyone looking for outstanding care for their loved one.
- I hired Home Care Assistance to provide weekend care for my dad in Carlsbad back in March of last year. We have a dear family friend we pay privately to care for Dad Monday through Friday. Home Care Assistance has Grace come in Saturday and Sunday and to cover on the days our friend needs time off during the week. Well I just received a call this morning at 5:30am from our friend that she cannot come in to care for my dad because she has the stomach flu that has been going around. She is supposed to arrive at my dad's house at 7am to make sure he takes his first dose of insulin!! I panicked!! I immediately called the agency not really expecting anyone to answer because it's 5:30am and off hours. The operator connected me immediately to Rosanna, the staffing person on call. She was so calm and helpful and assured me she will find me coverage. 40 minutes later she called back and told me they were sending their on call caregiver to my Dad's house and that she already walked her through my dad's case and that one of their Care Managers, Camilla, will be stopping by this morning to check on them. I can't believe how fast they worked at helping me out on a day I don't even have them regularly working for my Dad. Amazing! I was so impressed by their compassion and customer service!
- This agency offers flexible care schedules for any situation. Early mornings, four hour periods, late nights, overnight... they have someone for the job. Not to mention, their caregivers are trained well. They even put some of them through chef training classes so they know how to make tasty and healthy food. Great company if you are looking for flexible home care for your loved one. Everyone is really friendly in the office.
- I can't say enough good things about Home Care Assistance. I have worked with "multiple" home health care agencies and this is the first one to get it right! With previous agencies, I dealt with employee theft, staff that was incompetent and poorly trained, appalling billing practices and overall horrendous customer service. Home Care Assistance has their act together. They know how to match the client up with the correct staff and it is very apparent they screen their employees thoroughly. I would highly recommend this home health care agency to anyone who is seeking a professional and competent organization to take care of your loved ones!
- Was referred to Home Care Assistance when my Mom was coming home from Scripps. I was out of town and had to organize everything remotely. They were extremely helpful and professional. I was very stressed and totally lost but they handled everything from start to finish. Camille, is one of their care managers and went out to the hospital to assess mom the same day. She organized with the nurses and doctors and was able to get Mom home safely with care that day. What I liked the most was their flexibility and quick action. Mom came home with 24 hour care for the first few days then was able to slowly reduce hours to a manageable schedule. Highly recommend!
- Things with Home Care Assistance are working out very well. The person that we have coming out really extends himself and goes out of his way to really help out. He is very personable and friendly, able to talk sports and history with my husband, etc. Everything about them has been great and I highly recommend them.
- So far everything has gone very well with the Home Care Assistance service. The caregivers we've worked with have been friendly and professional, and the administrative staff have been easy to work with as well.
- The people at Home Care really do care. We have a private caregiver for four days a week and were thoroughly disgusted with the company we had before for the other three days, so we did some research and settled on Home Care Assistance. They have been wonderful, caring, and conscientious providing care for my 95-year-old mother at home. Their scheduling folks are excellent. I only hold back one star from my rating because of a few communication issues, but overall, I highly recommend them. I love across the country from my mother and I know she is in very good hands.
- As a baby boomer, I am part of the generation that's trying to navigate the waters of eldercare. Homecare Assistance has been an invaluable part of my equation for making sure my mom receives the highest level of care and support. From transportation to healthcare appointments, to 24/7 supervision and assistance, their staff is both professional and compassionate. I can't recommend them highly enough.
- When my father needed help, Home Care Assistance did a great job. The Care Manager went through an initial assessment and asked questions I hadn't even thought of. A care plan was implemented (and tweaked) that worked very well for my Dad and our family. There were clear expectations on how my Dad would be cared for. The caregivers were kind, caring, and smart enough to make my Dad feel like he was still in charge. They go well beyond simple companionship services. I highly recommend Home Care Assistance!
- We love working with this team! Their follow through is exceptional, their case managers take their jobs very seriously, and they treat each client as their own family member. Our case manager and has been my right hand while my husband and I are assisting with the care of our uncle and aunt in their 80's & 90's. We appreciate the support and kindness shown to us every day. Thanks to a wonderful team!
- Home Care Assistance provided healthy meals, errand-running, and prescription reminders for my parents. I could not have done it without them. Thank you for keeping my parents happy.
- During these difficult times, I turned to Home Care Assistance for my elderly mother. I cannot express enough my appreciation to the entire staff for all they did. I want to thank them all for the genuine care and knowledge the caregivers provided during her last days in hospice. I highly recommend Home Care Assistance.
- I can't say enough about Home Care Assistance. They really understand all of the details regarding the comprehensive care required for a person who is finally in need of of part time or full time care giving. It is extremely difficult to wade through all of the options for elder care and the Care Managers were terrific in providing me with a road map as to how they would start the process. Thank you for being so approachable and making this a seamless transition.
- Our family would highly recommend Home Care Assistance to anyone looking to have their loved ones stay at home. Their high level of service has provided my Grandmother to stay in her home and build relationships with the caregivers she has. Our care manager works to make sure we receive caregivers that are the right fit for my rather picky Grandma. Before we had caregivers in the home, Grandma was not able to go out in her community and now she is able to walk daily, go do activities and even eat home-cooked meals.
- I could not recommend Home Care Assistance more. They go above and beyond to take care of your loved one as if they were one of their own. Home Care Assistance was able to come through for our family when a quick discharge snuck up on us after my mother had taken a fall in the home. We were able to keep the care in her home and make sure Mom does not have another fall. It is hard for me to travel to see my mother since I live out of town. The caregivers have been a huge relief, assuring she is safe and keeping me updated on any changes they saw in my mother. Thank you for all you have done for me and my family.
- Picking the right home care agency is an important thing for a family to do. With Home Care Assistance, I always have peace of mind knowing that the care team there is making sure my mother is taken care of in the right way. They are able to assist her daily with all meals, errands, doctor appointments and more. One of the many reasons we chose them is because of their Cognitive Therapeutic Method that they do with my mom; it allows her mind to stay sharp while interacting and having fun with her caregiver. A very BIG thank you for providing continuous care for my mother and allowing her to stay independent in her own home.
- I have been through many agencies trying to find a company who is able to send consistent caregivers to work with my dad. After working with Home Care Assistance for over a year now, I can confidently say I will not have to look again. The staff is always there when I need them and able to give me full reports of care when I come down to visit. Before I started using Home Care Assistance I would have to come down to San Diego very frequently to make sure his caregivers were taking care of him properly. Now, I have full trust in his care team. If you want a company who truly cares then this company is the right one for you.
- Losing a loved one is not easy. But getting the support from the staff of Homecare Assistance made the difference! The caregivers were outstanding, caring and skilled. The Staffing team was available to us 24/7 for any new request and change. The whole care experience was something my family and I will forever be thankful for.
- Special shout out to Homecare Assistance in La Jolla. They are experts in providing support to my loved one who is on hospice. They provided my family with the emotional support we needed. We greatly appreciate everything you've done for us.
- I am in the healthcare industry myself so when it comes to finding somebody to care for a loved one, I can be very picky! Homecare Assistance was recommended to me by a friend so I set up care with them for my cousin. He was bedbound, on hospice and definitely needed all the "tender, loving, care" he could get. I definitely called the right company! The caregiver they sent was so patient, did not mind doing all that was required of her and went above and beyond! She will be our friend forever. My cousin passed away but we will always remember how his caregiver made his last days as meaningful as they could be.
- We have had the best possible care provided by Home Care Assitance, and have really appreciated the management of the staff.
After my mom died five years ago, it became clear to all of the kids that we needed some help to support my dad. When it became clear we needed 24/7 we interviewed many agencies. We even talked about hiring someone on our own and I am so glad we didn't do that. The management of the providers at Home Care Assistance was the secret sauce to good care for my dad. When my dad's dementia started getting worse, they brought in a specialist to evaluate some ideas for memory work and then worked with the nurses to support him in doing it.
My dad just passed away, and you can be sure we will be inviting the team at Home Care Assistance to his memorial! We are so thankful for the lasting moments that made our lives and my dads so much richer.
Meet the Team
Gabrielle has been in the health care arena in San Diego County for nearly a decade. After graduating from the University of Oregon with a Bachelor of Arts in International Relations, she decided to transition her focus into the health care industry. She learned first-hand the importance of excellent care in a home setting after the unfortunate stroke of a family member. This experience shifted her perspective and career ambitions towards helping others obtain the resources they need in order to live a dignified and happy life in their home environment. Shortly after, she began working as a Marketing and Sales Representative for a local home care agency, eventually moving onto an opportunity as the Director of Marketing for a large skilled nursing and rehab facility in San Diego County. Her heart remained in the home care world, and she is fulfilled every day supporting and working with people who are in need of caregiving services.
Camille has been a part of the Home Care Assistance team for over 2 years and brings over 12 years of professional experience in the home care industry. She has a bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, as well as an Associate’s degree in Vocational Nursing. Camille is a Qualified Dementia Care Specialist through the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America and enjoys using her knowledge to lead a monthly Dementia Training Series for Home Care Assistance caregivers. In this way, she is able to help clients and their families through an often difficult journey. Camille is a compassionate and dedicated team member, and her specialized knowledge of dementia care helps us provide personalized, high-quality care for clients and peace of mind for their families.
Jackie graduated from San Diego State University with a degree in Communications. She has five years of professional work experience in public relations for a health and wellness company, as well as in account management for health and home care companies. Jackie excels at developing deep, meaningful relationships with her clients and is their number one advocate, always ensuring that they receive the best care. This expertise in client relations and her innate ability to empathize with others allows Jackie to thrive in the home care industry, which lets her make a difference in the lives of those who need support.
Rosie has over a decade of senior care experience; from home care to hands on memory care. Her passion is helping the elderly achieve and maintain their best quality of life. It is Rosie's belief that with kindness, respect, and being an active listener, she can help to attain individualized quality care for each client. Growing up in the Hawaiian culture, caring for your elders was embedded in her daily life. In this culture the believe that it is their responsibility, as a community, to care for the ones that once cared for them. It brings Rosie much joy when she is able to contribute in providing excellent care in someone's life, thus creating a better quality of life for them.
Sean Cygan has over 25 years of professional experience working in the home care industry. Prior to joining Home Care Assistance, Sean worked as a Site Coordinator, Human Resources Staffing Specialist/EEO Coordinator, Human Resources Generalist and Human Resources Staffing Coordinator. Sean brings his expertise in communication and coordination to his current role as Senior Staffing Manager, where he is able to match clients with caregivers based on their unique needs and preferences. Over the course of his professional career, Sean has worked with a variety of older adults, including seniors with disabilities, and he has a passion for helping them maintain their independence with the aide of exceptional in-home care.
Jennifer is the Regional Director of Client Services and acts as the ‘match maker’ of Home Care Assistance. She is able to match clients with caregivers by listening to and respecting their needs and preferences. She understands the complexities of working with families and individuals and works hard to meet their home care goals each and every day to provide the best in quality care. Jennifer has been working with older adults and Home Care Assistance for almost a decade and is considered by clients, families and other elder care professionals to be a true industry expert and leader.
Kelly graduated with her Bachelor's Degree in Public Health and Human Sciences and a minor in Psychology. She has had years of previous experience working as a Care Manager in the home care industry. Kelly is dedicated to changing the way the world ages and making a difference in elderly people's lives. She truly has a passion for changing people's lives and maintaining the independence of the elderly population. Kelly's promise to her clients is to provide the best possible care she can to them in order to keep them happy and healthy.
Mina is a Licensed Vocational Nurse and began her career in health care in 2011. Since then, she has learned a lot in her many roles. She started as a hospice nurse and then became a nurse for concierge doctor, home health nurse, and, finally, intake coordinator for a home health & caregiving agency. Mina believes that helping people who can't help themselves is what we are here for. By working for Home Care Assistance, she feels she can make a difference in the lives of seniors and help the home care industry thrive.
Jonna's professional experience is in sales, mentoring, and strategic market development. Her education includes a B.A. in Human Communication Studies from California State University, Fullerton and a M.A. in Counseling from Azusa Pacific University. Jonna started in the health care industry in 2011 as an Admissions and Marketing Director for a skilled nursing facility. She has extensive sales experience in the post-acute sector including skilled nursing facilities, home health, and non-medical home care. Jonna's most recent position was the Area Operations and Sales Manager for a non-medical home care agency for Orange County, South Bay, and Inland Empire regions. Jonna's personal philosophy is to change the outlook of how others view and experience senior healthcare. She is absolutely thrilled to be a part of an innovative team that is truly defining how the world is aging.
Jason is a San Diego native and has been in the field of marketing and sales for 20 years. He holds a Residential Care for the Elderly Certificate (RCFE) and began his career in the health care industry 8 years ago as an administrator for an assisted living facility. From there Jason moved on to a Marketing Director for a nationwide Assisted Living Community. He understands the importance of home safety and is passionate about helping seniors age in place. Jason was fortunate and able to assist in the caretaking of his grandmother so that she was able to age in the comfort of her own home and he appreciates the value of good caregiving services.
Amy began doing Geriatric Care Management in 2008 in Hawaii and has been providing Care Management to older adults for over 10 years. She has an AS in Criminal Justice and received her BA in Social Work. Amy then went on to earn her Master's Degree in Social Work from Hawaii Pacific University, where she assisted in overseeing homeless shelters. She also supervised bachelors-level social work and psychology students from the University of Hawaii and Pacific University who were specializing in Micronesia and Native Hawaiian cultures.
Amy takes pride in creating care plans designed specifically for the needs of each individual client and their family while adding a personalized touch. She enjoys serving as a liaison between clients, their trustees, attorneys, physicians, nurses and family members, as well as educating caregivers and the community on the aging process.
Amy is a member of the Phi Alpha National Social Work Honor Society and Phi Gamma Mu Honor Society, which espouses a high level of accountability and abides by the National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics. Amy focuses on continually learning and encourages caregivers and those in the community to do the same.