Home Care Assistance of Hampton Roads
Serving happy clients in:
- Virginia Beach
- Isle of Wight
- Newport News
- James City County
- and more!
Home Care Assistance and our experienced caregivers have served seniors and their families with exceptional home care. We provide Virginia Seniors with a High Quality Affordable Solution to Age Well in the Comfort of Their Own Homes.
We provide older adults in Hampton Roads, VA area and surrounding communities with the highest quality one-on-one support, which allows them to live safely and independently at home. Our 24/7 Live-In care provides a highly affordable alternative to Assisted Living facilities in the comfort of your own home.
As the premier senior care provider in Virginia, we have the deepest employee roster of skilled and compassionate caregivers. As a result, our Client Care Managers are able to match our clients to caregivers not only based on their home care needs, but also their personalities and interests. We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
Our 24/7 Guarantee means that we will be there when you need us – days, nights and weekends. Call us today to for a free initial needs consultation with our highly experienced Certified Geriatric Care Manager.
We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
Visit Our Office Today!
- I used Home Care Assistance to provide care for a trust client of mine for Home Health Care. I needed someone quickly around the clock until he was placed in a nursing home as he had no family or friends that could help. I continued to use this agency while he was in the nursing home because they were so good and helped him feel safe and calm. The nursing staff came out right away to evaluate him and we were staffed right away. The staff was always prompt, qualified, kind and caring. Background checks were always completed. Communication was exceptional. My client was a more difficult case, personality wise, but they were still very patient and kind. They were very dependable, I never had to worry if they were coming or not. The agency was quick to cover a sick worker, a flat tire and to communicate it with me when necessary. This will be the first agency that I will call when I need care for another client. I highly recommend Home Care Assistance.
- A little over five years ago, my mother suffered a stroke and I was referred to Home Care Assistance of Richmond. Initially, they provided companion care for my mother during the day, seven days a week. As my mother's physical condition continued to worsen, I extended the care to 24 hours a day. I have been very pleased with Home Care for a number of reasons. One is continuity of care providers. My mother has the same two caregivers, week in and week out. This has given me the opportunity to get to know the caregivers and establish a working relationship with them. They have become an integral part of my mother's medical team which includes her primary care physician, neurologists and therapists. Also, the companions demonstrate an actual concern for my mother's well-being. They are compassionate and caring in the way they interact with her. And there is no price you can place on the peace of mind knowing that a loved one is being cared for in a manner that you would provide yourself if possible.
- Home Care Assistance did a fantastic job helping my mother recover after her hip surgery. My mom was extremely reluctant to have outside help come into her home. She wanted me there to help her all the time, but I work and have children so there was no way I could provide the care she needed. The caregivers were very caring and professional. She quickly bonded with them and they have a great relationship. Home Care Assistance did a much better job than I could have done!! I really appreciated their help.
- Home Care Assistance is a blessing. My husband was in the hospital and I knew he was going to need a helping hand. I was communicating with Becky Grim prior to my husband’s release from the hospital, and she was on standby ready to provide care. When I called her and told her hubby was coming home, everything was taken care of. Help was here before I knew it. If you have a loved one that needs a caregiver, do not hesitate to call. They are a wonderful company and their service is above and beyond.
- We contracted Home Care Assistance to provide in home care for my mother several years ago. They began working daytime in the home 5 days/week, and as her needs have progressed they now provide care 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Home Care Assistance always stays in touch with all or our family members and keeps us updated on Mom’s health and activities. From the outset, this caregivers showed genuine interest in the my mother, quickly won her confidence and friendship; and have always cared for her in gentle, prompt, and thoughtful manner which goes well beyond our expectations. Our family has been exceptionally lucky to have Home Care Assistance. Both the caregivers and the agency have been fully supportive and communicative in every way.
- I hired Home Care Assistance of Richmond to provide care for my husband who has dementia. The staff is great and very caring. The staff that comes out to help is very caring and patient. They are very professional and really nice to me and the family. I have been extremely satisfied with their service.
- My 84 year old mother had fallen resulting in a very badly sprained foot and ankle and shoulder. She could barely walk, couldn't dress or undress herself due to her shoulder, and was pretty much dependent on someone else to do most things. Becky Grim, the owner, has been involved since my original call for information. She has been wonderful. The home care workers she sent were caring, took care of my mom's needs, and were fabulous. They helped my mom get showered, dressed, they washed and dried the sheets and then changed the bed. They served her a meal each time they came, and they even cleaned up around the house when they weren't working directly with my mom. WOW!!! They were great! I would recommend them without hesitation.
- My mother came home to an independent living facility after a hospital stay. She was on hospice, bedridden and needed 24 hour care. The Home Care Assistance caregivers were always there on time and all the care was highly coordinated, so I did not have to worry about anything. Most importantly, the providers went out of their way to make my family member comfortable. Nothing was too much for them. They encouraged her, fixed all meals, cleaned up everything. They took extra time to look up questions my Mom had, to play music for her and whatever she asked. They became friends over time. I would recommend Home Care Assistance to anyone!
Meet the Team
Prior to opening Home Care Assistance of Virginia, I spent over 25 years as an executive for several of the nation’s leading health care companies. I was also a Board Certified Financial Planner, with a specialization in personal health care financing. Through these experiences I became acutely aware of our rapidly growing senior population, the significant care needs they will experience as they age, and their strong desire to receive high quality care in the comfort of their own homes versus moving into traditional long term care facilities. This background and awareness convinced me that there was a strong need to provide a higher level of in home care services for Virginia’s seniors.
With that in mind I opened Home Care Assistance of Richmond and Home Care Assistance of Hampton Roads with the goal of providing the highest quality in home care service in the state of Virginia. I established the following principles to guide our company in achieving that goal:
1. Hire only highly experienced caregivers who see caring for seniors as their mission in life, not just a job.
2. Custom match each senior and caregiver based on their personalities to build a trusted bond.
3. Build the top senior care management team and care management system in Virginia.
4. Provide balanced care focused on keeping our seniors healthy, happy, physically active, and socially engaged.
5. Always remember that senior care can be significant investment families so we should find ways to make the ongoing care as affordable as possible.
Home Care Assistance of Virginia has used to principles to provide the highest quality in home care solutions to over 700 Virginia families. You have my personal commitment that if you choose Home Care Assistance to care for your loved one, our entire management and care team will do everything in our power to insure they receive the high quality in home care experience they deserve.
As a Certified Geriatric Care Manager and Owner of Home Care Assistance of Williamsburg, my mission is to change the way the world ages. At Home Care Assistance, we provide older adults with quality care that enables them to live happier, healthier lives at home. Our services are distinguished by the caliber of our caregivers, the responsiveness of our staff and our expertise in Live-in Care. We embrace a positive, balanced approach to aging centered on the evolving needs of older adults.
I take pride in our reputation for providing the best trained, best screened caregivers in Richmond. It’s not easy; we interview 25-30 caregivers before we hire one. Bottom line for me, I will not leave your loved one with someone I wouldn’t leave with mine. Our caregivers help with meal preparation, personal hygiene, bathing, medication reminders, transportation and more on both an hourly and live-in basis. All of our caregivers are trained in the Balanced Care Method which takes a holistic approach to our clients encouraging independence and engaging them in physical, mental and social activities.
As a lifelong resident of Richmond, I take great pride at insuring each Virginia Senior gets the very best care! We all have watched our grandparents, parents, or family members grow old, as we do ourselves, and being able to assist others in maintaining quality of life during that process is one way I feel that I can give back to a segment of the population that has provided me with so many opportunities. Knowing that I, as a part of this company, can help our seniors live out the rest of their days comfortably and happily just feels like the right thing to do. Additionally, being able to provide jobs directly in our community is something else that I value. Supporting our community, our caregivers, and our seniors is something that I am lucky to be a part of every day!
Amy takes great pride in providing the highest quality care to Virginia seniors. “I was born and raised in Virginia I am thrilled to be able to give back to Virginia’s Seniors as Home Care Assistance’s Director of Nursing. I have 17 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse Home Care Case Manager, and I truly enjoy working hard to advocate for my seniors and families! As the Director of Nursing, I provide an in depth initial and ongoing assessments to determine each of our Senior’s physical, cognitive, and emotional needs. Based on those assessments I design a customized care plan based on the unique needs of each senior. I also make routine visits into the homes of our clients to make sure our caregivers are trained on the care plan and are implementing it correctly. I consult with the senior, their family and doctors to write a custom care plan specific for each client. I then coach our caregivers to give our client's the best possible care. I have a strong belief that each one of our clients should have the opportunity to age in place at home with the best trained, best screened caregivers in Virginia! That is why I choose to work for Home Care Assistance. I absolutely love caring for others in the comfort of their own homes!”
As the Director of Operations at Home Care Assistance, my primary roles are to hire new caregivers and custom match them with our seniors, to conduct ongoing in-home quality assurance visits, and to actively manage our 24 hours on call care management. I am committed to making sure that each Virginia Senior gets the quality care they deserve. I take great pride in making sure all my caregivers show up on time and work effectively with each client. I know that many of our clients must have care at all times, so when an after hours call comes in due to a caregiver having difficulty getting to their shift or an emergency situation with the client’s health or home, I am on it immediately, no matter what time of day or night it is!
With over 8 years of management and human resources experience and obtaining a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Human Resources from Liberty University, Lina came to Home Care Assistance well prepared for her new position. Lina is excited about the opportunity to work in the senior care industry. “Growing up in a tight knit family ingrained a deep sense of value in me for my elders and led me to a career that is profoundly personal to me. As Director of Operations for Home Care Assistance I have the chance to be an integral part of providing care for seniors in my community while allowing them to stay comfortably in their homes and with their loved ones. Approaching every case as if it were my own family, I hand select caregivers and match them to my clients to best suit their individual needs. I am so grateful to be a part of a team that goes above and beyond to not only maintain, but improve, the quality of life for so many!”
After a highly successful 20+ year career as an administrator in the healthcare industry, I decided that I wanted to work for a high quality local company providing the best care for Virginia’s senior population. I enjoy working with our Clients and try to assist them with whatever needs they may have. I also enjoy working with our caregivers, try to establish a good working relationship with them as well as assist with whatever needs or issues they may have. I really love working for a company that has integrity and compassion for its clients and caregivers. Home Care Assistance is that and much more. Working together with my Home Care Assistance team to find solutions to make of each of our clients lives a little better each day gives me a great sense of pride in my work!