The Grand Strand’s First Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- The Grand Strand
- Pawleys Isalnd
- Murrells Inlet
- Garden City
- Myrtle Beach
- North Myrtle Beach
- Little River
- and more!
Thank you for visiting our Home Care Assistance website! My name is Ashley DesMarteau, Client Care Manager, and I have been exactly where you are right now. Two years ago, I unexpectedly found myself looking for care for my parents and didn’t know the first place to look. Being two states away and an only child added to the pressure of finding the best choice for them. With every visit, I wondered if I should uproot my family to take care of my aging parents or if I should suggest they leave the home they’ve loved for years, the friendships they’ve cultivated and the roles in the community they have worked hard to develop. Despite the love and support from my husband and family, I felt so alone with these decisions. Becoming part of Home Care Assistance was the perfect opportunity to help other families avoid this stress and heartache.
You are not alone on this journey. Home Care Assistance proudly provides the highest level of service, allowing older adults to live safely and happily at home. By cultivating client relationships that are rich in respect, dignity and trust, we set the standard in home care. Whether our employees are working with clients who simply need a helper or are tending to those with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, stroke recovery, post-hospital rehab or other ailments, we make a difference in people’s lives. Thank you, Grand Strand, for making us the premier provider of home care for older adults. We are honored by the trust so many families place in us!
Chances are you are researching us because there is a senior in your life who needs in-home care now, or perhaps in the future. Maybe you’ve recently visited a family member, parent, grandparent and realized they are not safe living in their home anymore. Perhaps your loved one has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Maybe you are looking for care for yourself or for your spouse. Regardless of the reason, all of us at Home Care Assistance of the Grand Strand are here for you.
We believe that living independently in one’s own home is one of the greatest gifts we can provide seniors in our community and are with you every step of the way as you begin this journey.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
- The team at Home Care Assistance of the Grand Strand is very polite, friendly and compassionate. All of the employees are very dedicated and reliable and it shows with their superior service! I would highly recommend.
- Last summer, my mother was fortunate enough to have Home Care Assistance of the Grand Strand step in and help her out while she was recovering from a major medical incident. I live in Colorado and was not able to be there for the assistance that she needed. I have always known that my mother lives in a wonderful community but the added peace of mind from knowing that this organization is able to step in at a moment's notice is invaluable. The exceptionally trained staff was able to aid my mother when she needed it the most and their understanding, guidance and feedback was most appreciated by myself and my family. Thank you so much for taking care of not only my mother but the community which you are so important to.
- Whenever there is a need for a great home care agency, I know that Home Care Assistance will always come through. Ashley cares deeply about all of the families that she works with. They always make sure to hire caring, loving people and always work to make the right fit when matching patients with caregivers.
- The Home Care Assistance staff provided my husband and I with peace of mind and it was comforting to have someone during the evening and night-time so that my husband could get a good night's rest. The staff is courteous and arrived on time or earlier for each scheduled visit.
- You will not find a more dedicated and compassionate provider for your loved one than Home Care Assistance of the Grand Strand. The company is highly selective in their hiring and it shows. On countless occasions, the staff has gone above and beyond the expected call of duty as if the client was their own beloved family member. They are truly the superheroes of home care!
- Home Care Assistance is very involved with the Waccamaw Community. Through civic action and generous donations to local charities, they really make a difference in this area. Ashley is such a caring and genuine person. It is obvious that she really cares about the staff providing the in-home assistance and those on the receiving end. As someone who has lived here for over 15 years, I can tell you that this company's reputation and care is an asset to this community. I would highly recommend them.
- Ashley from Home Care Assistance has been a godsend to my parents in Pawleys Island. As we (my brother and two sisters) all live in Maryland, when it was clear that our parents needed help to keep them in their home, we knew we could rely on Ashley to place a caring person to look after them and provide meals for them. When a situation involving a computer issue came up, Ashley stepped in to help us sort it out. We know that we can rely on her to provide hands-on support when we can't be there.
- As a successful Realtor in the Pawleys Island and Murrells Inlet areas for over 27 years, I constantly work with individuals and couples who have a need for in-home care. Ashley and the Home Care Assistance team have been a godsend for many in my area. They have provided both short and long-term care as needed in order to allow my clients and friends to remain in this beautiful and special part of the world we call home. Thank you so much for enhancing the quality of life for so many!
- Home Care Assistance of the Grand Strand in Pawleys Island did a great job, in sometimes very difficult situations, caring for my 82-year-old sister with dementia for 10 months. The Client Care Manager, Ashley, did an amazing job in calming and reassuring my apprehensive sister about bringing in outside caregivers during a long and emotional meeting. They took great care to match the caregivers with Lorraine’s needs and her living situation and made adjustments as needed. All the caregivers they provided were wonderful and caring people who showed great affection. As my sister declined and her needs expanded, sometimes on short notice, the team made sure we had top quality caregivers.
The managers were very responsive and involved. Whenever I called, I was sure to either reach a manager or get a return call very soon. They spoke with the caregivers and reviewed their thorough daily notes and contacted me whenever they had any concerns or issues. The managers were very generous with their time. For example, Ashley attended a very long meeting with my sister’s doctor to discuss her needs and future care and the managers rushed to my sister’s house whenever there was any concern.
I can highly recommend Home Care Assistance of the Grand Strand.
- I have been using Home Care Assistance of Grand Strand to help care for my parents for over a year now. What a difference they have made! I live far away and cannot spend as much time as is needed to care for my folks. Ashley and the team have been amazing with the help and support they have given both my parents and myself. The caregivers they hire are exceptional. They are caring, thoughtful, friendly and, most of all, extremely competent! I could not have asked for better caregivers for my parents.
- The Home Care Assistance team is there when you need them! The outstanding team at Homecare Assistance of the Grand Strand stepped in and took exceptional care of my sweet mother-in-law. Going above and beyond became the norm and my family will be forever grateful for their empathy and dedication. Bean is 92 now and enjoys visits from her great-grandchildren, who love her with all of their heart, as we all do.
- Home Care Assistance does an outstanding job. They were not only compassionate but truly served as advocates during a critical time.
- It’s never easy to realize that your family needs more help than the family can provide on its own and the decision to reach for outside support can be difficult. In 2006, my mom was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. As my parents lived in a house on their own and for the past five years, I watched my mom’s mobility and level of independence steadily decrease and my dad’s levels of stress and responsibility significantly increase. My sister and I looked into several home care organizations and ultimately, decided upon Home Care Assistance. We were impressed with their balanced approach to care and their thorough and genuine efforts to get to know my mom and find a Caregiver best suited for her needs. Home Care Assistance has been a huge source of support for both my parents. With the help of her caregiver, my mom can participate in the activities she loves without needing to depend on my dad to accompany her. My dad can now enjoy some relaxing time on his own. In many ways, Home Care Assistance has given my parents a part of their life back. It has been such a relief knowing that they are in such safe and professional hands.
Meet the Team
Patricia has been in the home care industry for over 25 years. Her roles have ranged from Lead Scheduler to Office Manager since she began in 1995. Patricia is a veteran of the United States Navy where she worked as a Corpsman providing medical support to our service members. She also has certifications in HHA, Certified Medical Assistant, and CNA.
Working with the geriatric population has been Patricia's passion. She is currently the caregiver for her 88-year-old grandmother and has taken care of her since she was in high school. Being able to give back to others who have so much knowledge and life experiences is a blessing. They have so much to share and all they would like is to be heard and loved. Patricia is excited to bring this sense of compassion to all the seniors in her local community. She is from a Proud Military family has four children, 2 sons in the Marine Corps, and is a grandmother of four. Patricia truly feels that her life has been a blessing and looks forward to supporting her community.
Ashley moved to South Carolina nearly 30 years ago and after graduating from the College of Charleston her career in corporate community relations took her all over the country. Ashley is passionate about helping families of aging parents find the best possible care option. Her own experiences as a family caregiver to her parents enable her to connect with families in a very emotional way. Being a part of Home Care Assistance was the way Ashley envisioned helping children of elderly seniors avoid the pains and difficulties involved in the process of selecting the right care options for their loved ones. Ashley has served on the Board of Directors for the Tidelands Hospital Foundation for nearly three years and was recently nominated to join the Executive Committee. She served as the Chair of the Annual Gifts Committee for two years, is currently President Elect of her Rotary Club, and was appointed Mission Chair for the Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer's.
Ashley loves South Carolina and considers moving to Pawleys Island, with her husband Noel and their three boys, as a dream come true. Ashley has been extensively involved in non-profit, Foundation and development work professionally and as a volunteer. She was drawn to Home Care Assistance because of the Cognitive Therapeutics Method after losing her Grandfather to Alzheimer’s. She is solution-focused with her staff, clients and community. She works hard to create give all seniors in the community, not just her clients, the ability to stay in their own homes, safe and happy, for as long as they are able.