Des Moines's First Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Spring Hill
- St. Mary's
- Greater Des Moines
- and more!
Welcome to Home Care Assistance serving Des Moines and surrounding communities, where our focus is QUALITY OF LIFE for your loved ones and for you. If your senior parent, partner, or relative is in need of trusted, comprehensive elderly care, we can help. Our Care Managers are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
We understand firsthand the rewards and challenges that come with caring for an aging loved one who may not be able to take care of their own needs due to any number of conditions, including frailty, memory loss, stroke, Parkinson’s, a fall, or due to a recent stay at a hospital or rehabilitation center.
While finding the right care for your loved one may be difficult or confusing, you are not alone. We are here to answer any questions and to help you find the best care option for you or your loved one. Our caregivers are trained to improve quality of life no matter what the situation, via our Balanced Care program.
Our 24/7 Guarantee means that we will be there when you need us – days, nights and weekends. Call us today to learn more or visit our office in Des Moines. -Chris Cruse, Director of Client Services
We offer high quality assisted living where seniors must prefer: at home.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Team
Chris graduated from the University of Missouri – Columbia in 2004 with a Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE). He spent 13 years working in quality management and construction management in the highway and bridge construction industry prior to opening Home Care Assistance of Des Moines. Chris experienced how several of his family members went through difficulties as they navigated the aging process. They didn’t want to move into a facility, but didn’t know that aging in place at home with assistance was an option. Chris was intrigued when he learned about Home Care Assistance, and their mission to change the way the world ages by providing holistic care that seeks to improve quality of life, and decided to join that mission. Chris is and avid outdoorsman and enjoys biking, camping, and float trips with his family, as well as bow-hunting and fishing.
Amanda graduated from the University of Missouri – Columbia in 2003 with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN). She spent 14 years working in the Emergency Department where she gained a broad base of experience in assessing and treating a wide variety of conditions. Amanda’s nursing experience, coupled with her caring heart and glowing personality, have prepared her well for her role as Client Care Manager at Home Care Assistance. Aside from her role as Client Care Manager, Amanda enjoys exploring new parts of the Des Moines area with her family and meeting new friends.
Kristina has ten years experience in the Direct Support industry as both a caregiver and a manager. She has helped countless persons with disabilities live their lives to the fullest and attain their personal goals. Her limitless loving, gentle, and caring personality prepares her to find, and train, the best caregivers in the industry. Kristina has been intimately involved in the disability community serving on community boards, and advocacy events. She understands the importance of both the clients’ and their families’ comfort when choosing a care provider. In her free time, she enjoys taking her therapy dog to visit people in local facilities, volunteering at the local animal shelter, and gardening.