Colorado Springs' First Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Colorado Springs
- Palmer Lake
- The US Air Force Academy
- Black Forest
- Manitou Springs
- The Broadmoor
- and more!
We are Dorothy and Mark Silvanic, the Owners and Agency Managers of Home Care Assistance of El Paso County. Chances are you’ve found us because you are researching in-home care options for yourself or a loved one. As two retired USAF veterans we have personally experienced the stress and challenge of finding quality in-home care for family members while stationed away from our families.
We were so impressed with Home Care Assistance as a national leader in high-quality senior care, the Balanced Care Method- focus on the senior quality of life, and the Cognitive Therapeutics Method- aid to brain health, that we were compelled to bring this level of care to Colorado Springs and El Paso County seniors. We are committed to providing the highest quality of home care while serving our adopted hometown. We look forward to hearing how we can best help you ensure you or your loved one can live well in their home.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Team
Dorothy is a 25 year USAF veteran, serving primarily as an Aircraft Maintenance Officer with one assignment at the USAF Academy as a Group AOC. She retired in 2011 as a Colonel and Commander of the 48th Maintenance Group, at RAF Lakenheath, England. In 2011, she and Mark returned the family to the Colorado Springs area, attracted by the outstanding school systems, year-round sports and outdoor activities and beauty of the Front Range. Her interest in helping seniors is a natural extension of her service ethic, and a way to give back to her community. She has first-hand experience finding quality care for loved ones who faced a variety of specific in-home care needs and looks forward to providing the best quality care to seniors in the Colorado Springs area. Dorothy serves on the board of the Tri Lakes Silver Alliance and the Colorado Parkinson’s Foundation.
Mark is a USAF Academy graduate with a bachelor’s of science degree, and a UCCS graduate with a Master’s in Public Administration degree. He is a 20 year USAF veteran, and a 10 year DoD Civil Servant with over 3,500 flying hours in the OA-37, A-10, F-15E and A/T-38 aircraft, and is an expert in Operations Planning and Research and Lessons Learned. He most recently consulted in the energy industry, providing military-like planning, execution and process improvement services to companies across America. After 15 different moves with the USAF, Mark and his family have chosen the Colorado Springs area as their home. He has always made service his first priority, and is excited to now focus on serving the needs of the senior community in El Paso County. His service to seniors includes being on the Board of Directors of the Colorado Springs Senior Resource Council and the Colorado Parkinson’s Foundation.
Eric is a native of Colorado Springs and recent graduate of UCCS who received his Bachelor's degree in Biology. During his college years, Eric remained extremely involved in campus life contributing as one of the Co-Presidents of the largest club on campus, the Pre-Health Society. In addition to that, Eric founded the fastest growing club on campus, UCCS Global Medical Brigades in which he lead a group of 40 volunteers to Panama, his family's home country, to work on public health projects. Eric's plans for the future are to attend to medical school and pursue a career in Psychiatry. Outside of his extensive engagement in his school and community, Eric has grown a fantastic passion for angling and continues his love of sports, particularly football in which he was a college athlete for a year at Adams State.
Nya is a 12-year US Army veteran. She served as a flight operations and an aviation life support equipment technician. After her service she obtained her Associate’s degree in Health Services Administration at Keiser University Ft Lauderdale, Florida. After several years of caregiving for family members, Nya went on and received her certification in nursing assistance at Pikes Peak Community College. She joined Home Care Assistance in September 2016, where she was hired as a caregiver. Soon after she was promoted to Employee Caregiver Manager in October of 2016. Nya is responsible for screening, interviewing and the hiring of caregivers. She aims to hire caregivers only that are hard-working and compassionate. Nya makes every effort possible to ensure the right caregiver is matched with the right client. Some of Nya’s interests include spending time with her kids, camping, bowling, white-water rafting and playing volleyball. Nya is originally from Las Vegas, NV.