Colorado Springs' First Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Colorado Springs
- Palmer Lake
- The US Air Force Academy
- Black Forest
- Manitou Springs
- The Broadmoor
- and more!
We are Dorothy and Mark Silvanic, the Owners and Agency Managers of Home Care Assistance of El Paso County. Chances are you’ve found us because you are researching in-home care options for yourself or a loved one. As two retired USAF veterans we have personally experienced the stress and challenge of finding quality in-home care for family members while stationed away from our families.
We were so impressed with Home Care Assistance as a national leader in high-quality senior care, the Balanced Care Method- focus on the senior quality of life, and the Cognitive Therapeutics Method- aid to brain health, that we were compelled to bring this level of care to Colorado Springs and El Paso County seniors. We are committed to providing the highest quality of home care while serving our adopted hometown. We look forward to hearing how we can best help you ensure you or your loved one can live well in their home.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Team
Dorothy is a 25 year USAF veteran, serving primarily as an Aircraft Maintenance Officer with one assignment at the USAF Academy as a Group AOC. She retired in 2011 as a Colonel and Commander of the 48th Maintenance Group, at RAF Lakenheath, England. In 2011, she and Mark returned the family to the Colorado Springs area, attracted by the outstanding school systems, year-round sports and outdoor activities and beauty of the Front Range. Her interest in helping seniors is a natural extension of her service ethic, and a way to give back to her community. She has first-hand experience finding quality care for loved ones who faced a variety of specific in-home care needs and looks forward to providing the best quality care to seniors in the Colorado Springs area. Dorothy serves on the board of the Tri Lakes Silver Alliance and the Colorado Parkinson’s Foundation.
Mark is a USAF Academy graduate with a bachelor’s of science degree, and a UCCS graduate with a Master’s in Public Administration degree. He is a 20 year USAF veteran, and a 10 year DoD Civil Servant with over 3,500 flying hours in the OA-37, A-10, F-15E and A/T-38 aircraft, and is an expert in Operations Planning and Research and Lessons Learned. He most recently consulted in the energy industry, providing military-like planning, execution and process improvement services to companies across America. After 15 different moves with the USAF, Mark and his family have chosen the Colorado Springs area as their home. He has always made service his first priority, and is excited to now focus on serving the needs of the senior community in El Paso County. His service to seniors includes being on the Board of Directors of the Colorado Springs Senior Resource Council and the Colorado Parkinson’s Foundation.
Sarah was born and raised in Colorado Springs. She received a Bachelor's degree in Sociology from Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction, CO with an emphasis in Human Services. During college she worked in the kitchen of a nursing home, which is where she developed a love for the elderly. After college, she moved back to Colorado Springs, and worked as a Director of Social Services in a local nursing home. She was an Assisted Living Manager in Delaware, and then then Director of Social Services at a nursing home in Denver. Sarah did her internship for massage therapy with Pikes Peak Hospice. She was a stay-at-home mom for many years with her 3 children, before deciding to go back to work. She has a passion for serving others, and loves working with seniors. Sarah’s extensive experience and her dedication working with seniors is beneficial in developing, overseeing and ensuring the progress of care is executed properly in their homes. She also is a Cognitive Therapeutics MethodTM Coach and instructor and presents the Mind Fit group activities throughout the county.
Jessica is a native of Washington state and earned Bachelor’s degrees in Public Health and French from the University of Washington in Seattle. After college, she moved to New York and worked with the American Red Cross Biomedical Services. She spent time in Ghana teaching HIV/AIDS awareness and caring for children in a village orphanage. Her most formative experience was as a care giver for a dear friend and cancer patient. She is married to her high school sweetheart, a US Army Captain and is the mother of two young boys. Jessica enjoys yoga and is a Yoga Alliance certified yoga instructor. Jessica is a Cognitive Therapeutics Method™ Coach, manages the Music and Memory programs, and presents the Mind Fit group activities throughout the county.
Rhonda is a native of Missouri. She earned a Bachelors Degree in Theology at the South Texas Bible Institute. Rhonda moved to Colorado Springs in 1978 and has lived here on and off since. She has four grown children, two of which have served in the Air Force, and she has eight grandchildren. Rhonda has been a CNA, direct service provider, caregiver for the elderly and developmentally disabled adults for 20 years. She has volunteered time to the Coastal Bend Food Bank, other local fundraisers. Rhonda also speaks Spanish and went on a mission trip to Costa Rica. She has big heart and takes care of caregivers like they are family.
Aleece Raw is an honors graduate in Rhetoric from the University of California at Berkeley, Certified Natural Chef, ServSafe Food Protection Manager and Certified Nurse Aide (CNA). With over thirty years experience as a presenter and facilitator, nearly a decade of experience as a professional chef and farm-to-table restaurateur and over three years experience as a personal caregiver, she is uniquely qualified to improve the lives of our clients through food. Aleece provides regular cooking classes and consultation for Home Care Assistance caregivers. Hands-on classes ensure caregivers roll up their sleeves and put techniques into action. They learn practical tips like better knife skills and safe food handling as well as soft skills like how to inspire clients to eat healthier with ease.