How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
Visit Our Office Today!
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Team
Randy provides strategic, financial and operational leadership for the Home Care Assistance business in Scottsdale, Arizona. He knows that our company is making a big difference in the quality of life experienced by our Clients, their families, and our Caregivers. Randy says, “There comes a time in life, sooner or later, when you really want to spend your time doing things that matter, and helping people who need assistanceRandy has been a practicing attorney since 1983, and he has specialized in Elder Care issues and Estate Planning law since 1995. Randy and Julie married in 1980 and they have enjoyed these many years with their children Ted, Danny, Emily, Johnny and Betsy.
Ted provides day-to-day operational leadership for Home Care Assistance. Ted provides personal caregiving from time-to-time and is involved in ensuring that the company continues to raise the bar in providing home care services. Ted says, “The Balanced Care Method far exceeds the ‘just watch TV with clients’ approach of a lot of other agencies. Our commitment is to keep our clients engaged and living life to its fullest. There’s a real opportunity to help people live an active, meaningful life. Most seniors prefer to stay in their homes, and we provide them the assistance that enables them to do so.” Ted has a Master’s degree in Accounting from Brigham Young University (BYU), and has worked in public accounting as a CPA. He enjoys spending time with his family, participating in his local church, and being a Phoenician.
What comes to mind when someone describes Barb Singer? “She’s genuine, kind, and displays a positive attitude to all those she comes in contact,” says General Manager, Ted Holmgren. Having worked in administrative positions in the healthcare industry for many years, Barb has seen firsthand the struggles and concerns of those facing healthcare challenges. “You never know what’s really happening in someone else’s life. I enjoy helping people find solutions that will help them live happier, healthier lives in the comfort of their own home.” As administrative assistant, Barb is the first point of contact for those that call or visit the office. She’s also involved in the hiring process and in maintaining the inner workings of the office that helps everything run smoothly.
Jill joined Home Care Assistance after helping her own mother as her primary caregiver. She understands the challenges and stresses involved for families struggling with managing the care needs of their loved ones. “Caregiving can be a very fulfilling, rewarding career. It takes a special person to be a caregiver. I’m proud to find and teach those people that embrace our unique approach to in-home care.” As employee care manager, Jill oversees all aspects of recruiting and scheduling caregivers for the Scottsdale office. Prior to Home Care Assistance, Jill worked for several years in the staffing industry recruiting for various industries.
Jo started her work experience in the healthcare industry as a Certified Nursing Assistance and Caregiver in skilled, assisted living and memory care facilities as well as in home care. She has a hands-on understanding of activities of daily living along with providing dignity, respect, and encouragement of independence for those she cares for. Her experience gave her the opportunity to grow in senior care, in roles as a Wellness Coordinator and Assisted Living Coordinator — she began coordinating care by conducting assessments and then creating individualized care plans to meet the specific needs of each individual. In training caregivers Jo emphasizes that all clients are not the same and we need to treat them like they want to be treated. Over the years, Jo’s compassion for seniors continues to grow.
Marie joins Home Care Assistance with over 30 years of experience in the nursing industry. Prior to working for Home Care Assistance, she worked in the home care industry and also worked with various hospital systems and healthcare companies. As client care manager, she is passionate about helping seniors age in place at home and overseeing all aspects of their changing care needs. “I love overseeing our clients’ care and helping them age comfortably at home. Home Care Assistance has a unique approach that engages the mind, body, and spirit. I’m proud to be part of an approach to home care that’s literally Changing the Way the World Ages.
Nikita oversees the recruiting and ongoing retention efforts of our caregivers. She works closely with our client care and employee care teams to identify client needs and to aid in ensuring excellent client and caregiver matches. She attended Western International University (European Division) and studied Communication. She has over 10 years of recruiting and training experience.
Twila works hand in hand with the scheduling manager and is passionate about helping to find a great match between clients and caregivers. Twila is a former caregiver and understands what it takes to be a good caregiver and the importance of finding a great caregiver match with a client. Twila has over 5 years of healthcare experience and has earned her CNA (certified nursing assistant) certificate.
Erin has worked with clients that are 6 years of age to 106 years young. She began her professional career as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist working at both the Wyoming State Hospital and Arizona State Hospital. In 2006 Erin's grandmother was diagnosed with dementia and she made the decision to change career paths and became a Medicaid Case Manager/Social Worker for Arizona Long Term Care. Erin learned all components associated with the senior health care continuum -- from home and community-based care, to assisted living/memory care, to skilled nursing. These experiences have prepared Erin for her current position as a client care manager with Home Care Assistance.