½ cup cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
2 6-8 inch pre-baked pizza crusts (this recipe uses Boboli 8 inch)
1 cup pesto (we used the Kirkland brand from Costco)
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 medium zucchini (use a wide mouth peeler to cut them thinly into ribbons)
6 basil leaves (cut into thin ribbons)
1/4 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp pepper
Why add this Recipe to Your Healthy Eating Collection?
Remember that any green vegetable or herb is widely considered the gold standard of nutrition. In addition to zucchini and basil, the pizza sauce is chock full of lycopene, which is the carotenoid antioxidant responsible for the red color of tomatoes. Lycopene is well known as a powerful antioxidant that decreases your risk of cancer and heart disease. Cooking tomatoes also increases the strength of its antioxidant compounds.
In a perfect world, we might make our own pizza crust. However, most people have busy lives. You can make this recipe in only 20 minutes by simply purchasing a premade crust. For the cheese, we have chosen full-fat mozzarella because it melts much better than the popular part-skim.
A great way to know if you’re getting the right number of calories and nutrients to reach your health goals is by tracking what you eat. One easy way to do this is by logging your daily food consumption into the MyFitnessPal app on your smartphone or computer. You can find this recipe by searching for “Home Care Assistance’s Summer Vegetable Pizzetta.”
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In an oven proof pan or dish, toss cherry tomatoes with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- Remove the pizza crusts from the package and place on a pizza or baking sheet.
- Spread ½ cup of sauce onto each of the crusts, leaving a ¼ inch rim.
- Top each pizza with 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Top each pizza with a generous amount of zucchini ribbons and the roasted tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove and top with basil.
Serving Size 1 piece
Serving Per Container 4
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 404||Calories from Fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g|
|Saturated Fat 6g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|Vitamin A 19%||Vitamin C 30%|
|Calcium 30%||Iron 19%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300mg||300 mg|
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4