- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15 Mins
- 2 yellow peppers (top cut off but saved and seeds and white membrane discarded)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (you can find this in the frozen section of most grocery stores)
- ¾ cup frozen and chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed of excessive liquid)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp minced garlic or ¼ tsp garlic powders (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- ½ cup shredded cheese such as Monterrey Jack
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Level off the peppers so that they can stand upright on their own.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients with the exception of the tomato sauce. Split in half and stuff the mixture into both peppers.
- Place the stuffed peppers in an oven proof dish or pan and put 1 cup of water in the bottom of pan. Place the tops on each pepper.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Serve with warmed tomato sauce.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 293||Calories from Fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15.9||10%|
|Saturated Fat 2.3||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.5||0%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
|Vitamin D||Calcium 65%|
|Iron 1%||Potassium 685%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300mg||300 mg|
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4