- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 Mins
This dish is terrific with a dill mayonnaise, which you can make easily by combining the following ingredients:
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill or 1 tbsp dried dill
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 2 pieces of salmon (3-5 ounce each)
- 3-4 slices of lemons
- 6 peppercorns or 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs parsley or dill
- ¼ cup dry white wine such as sauvignon blanc
- ½ tsp minced garlic (optional)
- Fill a medium saucepan 2/3 of the way with water.
- Add 3 slices of lemon, 12 black peppercorns, wine, garlic and 4 sprigs parsley or dill.
- Bring the water to boil then reduce to a simmer and add the salmon.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until opaque. Do not boil or the fish will be overcooked on the outside and raw in the middle.
- Serve over a salad warm or cold.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 293||Calories from Fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15.9||10%|
|Saturated Fat 2.3||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.5||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0||0%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
|Vitamin D||Calcium 5%|
|Iron 6%||Potassium 15%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300mg||300 mg|
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4