- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 15 Mins
Why Add This Recipe to Your Healthy Eating Collection?
By making these petite sliders, you are scaling back the size of the burgers. You can also add to this summer dinner with a serving or two of grilled vegetables or a summer salad! Smaller burgers also mean less cooking time, which makes this dish quick and easy.
Chef Tip: Make these even healthier by skipping the bun and serving the sliders in butter lettuce leaves. Some don’t consider bacon and blue cheese “healthy” ingredients but any time you are cooking your own food and adding some garden goodies such as lettuce, tomato and onions, you are likely eating healthier than most of the population. Eating healthy means being able to enjoy the ingredients you love in moderation.
An easy way to see how this recipe fits into your overall day is by logging your daily food consumption into the MyFitnessPal app on your smartphone or computer. You can find this recipe by searching for “Home Care Assistance’s Bacon and Blue Cheese Sliders.”
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (this recipe used the Follow Your Heart Veganaise brand)
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 4 slider rolls (this recipe used the ones from Trader Joe’s)
- 8 ounces grass-fed ground beef
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 pieces of cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 2 ounces of blue cheese (crumbled)
- 2 leaves of lettuce or baby spinach (torn or shredded if needed to fit onto the slider roll)
- 1 medium tomato (thinly sliced)
- 4 pickle slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and the chopped garlic together.
- Divide the beef evenly into four burger rounds about ¼ of an inch thick. Season both sides of each round with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oven-safe 8-inch sauté pan to medium high heat.
- Place each slider into the sauté pan and cook for one minute.
- Flip the sliders over and turn off the heat. Top each of the sliders with the bacon and blue cheese.
- Cover and cook for three more minutes.
- While the sliders are cooking, spread the garlic mayonnaise on the bottom half of each roll. Sprinkle the lettuce or spinach over the mayonnaise.
- Remove the sliders from the oven. Transfer each of the sliders on top of the lettuce.
- Top the sliders with a tomato slice and a pickle.
- Top with the other half of the roll and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 586||Calories from Fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 34||21%|
|Saturated Fat 12||30%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 34||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2||3%|
|Vitamin A 118%||Vitamin C 23%|
|Vitamin D||Calcium 33%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
|Cholesterol||Less than||300mg||300 mg|
Calories per gram:
Fat 9 • Carbohydrate 4 • Protein 4