Remember the man who stood on the sidelines in the blistering heat and freezing rain for all of your soccer games, or the man who stayed up late helping you on school projects? Father’s Day is celebrated Sunday, June 19th
, and in recognition of this day, we have put together 5 gift ideas to help you celebrate your father or grandfather and show him how much he is appreciated.
- For the Techie: If Dad’s computer is too cumbersome or his operating system is in need of a major update, consider instead the intuitive iPad or iPad Mini, a digital tablet that makes surfing the web convenient and portable.
- For the Socialite: There are many games that encourage engagement, but Grandparent Talk takes it a step further. The card deck contains questions to liven up conversations and also helps families take a stroll down memory lane. This unique game affords the perfect opportunity to hear dad’s life stories and will even help connect the generations by including grandkids in the fun!
- For the Foodie: While grocery stores have had delivery options for years, Postmates goes beyond transporting groceries. Postmates can deliver anything from needed pet food for dad’s dog companion to Dad’s favorite Danish pastry from a downtown bakery. Sit down and set-up an account with your dad, and he’ll have the world at his fingertips.
- For Fathers Who Prefer Indoors: Let it be said that there cannot be too many cozy blankets or throws for the couch and armchair. Use CostcoPhotoCenter.com to customize blankets with pictures of family members or favorite paintings for an extra touch. Also, take note of a loved one’s slippers as worn slippers could be a potential fall hazard. Are they in need of replacing? There are many comfy pillow throws, slippers and quilted covers available that can bring dad happiness and comfort.
- For Those Suffering with Cognitive Decline: Aromatherapy has been found to assist in calming people experiencing agitation due to dementia. If someone you love is living with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, consider a home diffuser that can provide an ethereal vapor of an essential oil.
Whether you are celebrating Father’s Day or simply celebrating Dad, these gift ideas are sure to impress him and make him feel loved. On behalf of Home Care Assistance, we wish everyone a happy Father’s Day surrounded by family and friends!