If you have a knife and a blender, you can make this delicious soup. Chef Leslie has made this easy to prepare, easy to cook and easy to digest.
Sweet potatoes are high in beta-carotene and Vitamin A. At your supermarket, these might be labeled “yams.”
Coconut milk is calorie rich, contains healthy fats and is a good source of iron and magnesium. For people who have difficulty digesting cow’s milk, coconut milk is one flavorful alternative.
Sweet Potato Soup with Coconut Milk
Preparation Time 45 minutes
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (large chunks)
- 1/2 Medium Spanish (yellow) Onion, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (large chunks)
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled
- Water to cover by 1 inch
- 2 Tablespoons Grade B Maple Syrup or 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice or Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ Cup Canned Full Fat Coconut Milk
- Extra Water to thin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place Sweet Potato, Onion and Garlic in 4 quart plus-size pot and cover with water.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium. Cook until Potatoes are tender–about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly to make handling easier. Add Syrup.
- Transfer to blender (in batches) and puree until smooth.
- Return mixture to heat and bring up to almost a boiling point.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add Lime Juice or Cider Vinegar, Coconut Milk, Salt and Pepper to taste.
Here are 2 more soup recipes to try: