At Home Care Assistance, we make it a priority to promote brain health, which is why we are sharing a quick and easy recipe for a berry and avocado smoothie that is packed with nutrients and health benefits! Berries contain antioxidants that promote heart health and improve blood flow to the brain, thereby boosting overall brain health. The great thing is that berries provide these benefits whether they are fresh, frozen or freeze-fried, so we recommend keeping a bag of blueberries handy in the freezer.
Similar to berries, avocados are also superfoods that are known to promote blood flow and brain health. They contain a lot of healthy fats that benefit heart health and can even lower blood pressure. Throw in a handful of walnuts
, which contain vitamin E and are known to help protect the brain against cognitive decline, and you’ve got a smoothie that really packs a punch! Get the full recipe below.
Creamy Berry and Avocado Smoothie
- 1 ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup ice
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend on medium speed until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, add more juice or milk. If it is too thin, add more ice.
- Distribute the smoothie between two cups and enjoy! If you happen to make more smoothie than you can drink, pour it into a sealable container and place it in the freezer for an extra frozen treat!
Home Care Assistance is participating in Maria Shriver’s Move for Minds™ Event in support of women’s brain health. Participants will come together to engage their brains and bodies in physical fitness classes before exploring an educational marketplace where they will meet leaders in the fields of brain health, fitness, nutrition, stress and caregiving. Home Care Assistance is proud to be the exclusive Caregiving Partner
for Move for Minds and hopes you will join us in supporting Maria Shriver’s Move for Minds Event
by registering to participate or donating to women’s brain health research today!