Barrie's First Choice for Senior Health Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Wasaga Beach
- and more!
Home Care Assistance has served seniors and their families with exceptional home care.
We provide older adults with one on one support that allows them to live safely and independently in their own home.
As a premier home care service, we provide skilled and compassionate caregivers, Client Care Managers with strong leadership and communication skills and knowledgable front line staff.
We embrace a positive and balanced approach to aging centred on the evolving needs of older adults.
Here at Home Care Assistance we believe there is never a right age, just a right way to age.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Team
Domenic was born in Toronto and now lives in Barrie, Ontario with his lovely wife Deborah. He graduated from Ryerson with a Bachelor of Business Management degree and went to Queen’s University School of Business for the Executive General Management Program. Domenic has worked in the medical and pharmaceutical fields for over 30 years working with hospitals, long-term care facilities, pharmacies, Family and General Practitioners, Nursing and Specialists in Psychiatry, Geriatrics and Neurology. He has held positions in Sales, Marketing, Management and Leadership roles, most recently held the position of Senior Director, Sales in the Pharmaceutical field. He has two kids and expecting his first grandchild in April. Domenic has experienced the stress and challenges of caring for loved ones. His mother has Alzheimer’s and his father has been diagnosed with cancer. Starting his Home Care Assistance franchise in Barrie, Ontario with his wife Deborah, he is excited about “Changing the Way the World Ages.”
Deborah was born and raised in the small town of Durham, Ontario. She began her career in Nursing, spending over 20 years in various hospitals and nursing homes working in Obstetrics to Geriatrics. She also spent over 10 years as a Pharmacy Technician, running a small hospital pharmacy with her most recent position conducting pharmacy audits in long-term care homes. Deborah loves spending time with her three children, three grandchildren, with another on the way, husband Domenic and his two children. She has spent many years as a volunteer and active member of the Kinsmen/Kinette clubs raising funds to improve community needs. Deborah loves socializing and spending time in the warmer climates. Deborah's past experience in caring for her aging relatives has lead her to Home Care Assistance, where her research has proven there's a better way to age at home.