Albuquerque's Premier Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Los Ranchos
- Santa Fe
- Los Lunas
- Sandia Park
- and more!
"Home Care Assistance has been providing supportive home care in New Mexico for 10 years. We specialize in live-in care that enables adults to maintain the lifestyle and freedom they deserve.
Our care managers and caregivers are highly experienced, rigorously screened by and criminal backgrounds including national homeland security clearance. Additionally, Our employees are routinely vetted for any driving violations/records. We administer a nurses aid practice exam with each employee and even enroll our employees in CNM courses with nurse instruction.
We realize there may be times you're simply needing a break from being the primary caregiver of a loved one. We offer the best continuity of caregiver assignment possible. Clients receiving around-the-clock care may have only 2-4 attendants instead of an excessive number of aides in your home.
Our legendary "We Will Be There" Guarantee means you will have peace of mind knowing that you will always receive the care you have scheduled."
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Team
Starting Home Care Assistance of New Mexico was a direct result of caring for my elderly parents in Illinois. As a working professional, I was not always able to care for my parents and hence needed to rely on a home care agency to care for my parents. My experience with the caregivers who cared for my parents helped me realize the importance of reliable and compassionate care for the elderly. I started Home Care Assistance, New Mexico with the vision of providing loving, reliable, respectful and exceptional care for the elderly because I believe our parents deserve the best. Previously I had worked in the medical field since receiving my BA from Eureka College in 1982 and furthered my business curriculum at Vanderbilt University. I had always worked in the medical field with medical device manufacturers in the orthopedic, ophthalmic and respiratory/thoracic segments. Today I visit clients in their homes and other settings, manage their care and stay in touch with their families. I’m also a member of the Albuquerque Senior Community which includes working with Guardians, Conservators and Trust Officers and their elderly clients. I expect the highest quality care and professionalism from all Home Care Assistance employees. And because of my personal experience, at our office we take the steps necessary to hire the very best people, train them in all important skills and place them in home environments that reward great work.
Ana was born in Silver City, New Mexico and has been an Albuquerque resident for 10 years now. As a young teen, Ana began volunteering at a nursing home where both of her grandmothers were employed. This sparked a natural desire for her to remain in the geriatric field. At age 17, Ana acquired her first job working in the dietary department for a local skilled nursing facility where she prepared dinner meals for 70+ residents of various diets. She continued to offer her volunteer services to several medical records departments in skilled nursing facilities. In 2007, Ana became a Medical Records Director for one of Albuquerque‘s hospice companies. Ana was one of three individuals selected to receive special training on a Medical computer application in which she would introduce to physicians, nurses, social workers, chaplains, and other administrative staff. Ana has managed Hospice Aides for several years and maintained her hands on approach to provide compassion and care for the elderly as a patient volunteer. Ana continues this grounded approach with her Home Care Assistance clients.
Darlene brings her 21 years of client service experience to Home Care Assistance. “I enjoy speaking with and helping clients every day, this gives me a better understanding of how I can respond to our clients’ needs efficiently”. Darlene’s human resource experience is beneficial in mentoring employees and families in the progression of care. Darlene demonstrates flexibility to meet guardian and family requests while staying within the Geriatric Care Management code of ethics and best practices. When coordinating a patient’s care it is very important to have communication and mutual respect so the best decisions are made in the client’s interest.
Joann is a native New Mexican and holds a Bachelor’s degree in English from University of New Mexico. Her professional career in the In-home healthcare industry began in 2006 by assisting seniors and disabled individuals, including their families, across various regions of New Mexico and providing them practical and educational information on healthcare benefits and available programs. Joann has an extensive background in customer service, administration, case management, and patient intake. In 2012 Joann was selected as a panelist for the New Mexico Alzheimer’s Association Caregiver’s Conference which provided families with awareness to the issues affecting seniors and informing them of the healthcare resources available within the community. Joann aspires to continue her passion of working with a diverse range of clients and furthering her professional development within the geriatric community.
Kathy started her career in geriatric healthcare as a Certified Nurse aide for a Private Duty Nursing facility in Texas in 2004 and progressed to a Hospice Nurse’sAide in New Mexico in 2005. Kathy’s administrative knowledge expanded when she oversaw Medical Records and Patient Intakes for hospice patients. Kathy’s prior supervisory experience in the US Military supports her role as a detailed oriented client care supervisor at Home Care Assistance. Kathy works with caregivers and client families in overseeing their care and ensuring the patient’s care is executed properly in the home.
I began my career as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) 27 years ago, working in psychiatric hospitals, with all ages and abilities. I am a Certified Trainer for Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI), and enjoy empowering others to maintain a safe environment for both themselves and the client/patient. After my grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, I became more and more interested in not only the onset of the disease, but also how to manage it, thus, I became a Certified Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Care Trainer and a Certified Dementia Practitioner. My focus has been providing optimal engagement for those who have the disease, and making it easier for those taking care of them. I have set up trainings and programs across the western United States to help bring a quality of life to those that are affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementias.
My family and I have been very involved with the Alzheimer’s Association of New Mexico for over a decade. We have helped with everything from the Walk to End Alzheimer’s, Dancing Stars Gala, The Longest Day, and Advocate with the Legislators, to raising money and stuffing envelopes. It is an important part of our lives and we love doing these things together.
The combination of having experienced Alzheimer’s on a personal level, and having the opportunity to experience it in my professional life allows me to be empathetic of others’ feeling and needs, and knowledgeable in the latest information to thrive as the Home Care Assistance Cognitive Therapeutics Manager.
Susan comes to Home Care Assistance with over 25 years’ experience as a CPA. As the Finance and Accounting Manager, Susan is responsible for the day to day oversight of all of the accounting functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and preparation of financial statements. Susan’s work experience in several industries as an Accounting Manager, Corporate Controller, and Financial Planner, will help ensure that Home Care Assistance continue to grow and the appropriate financial and operational controls are in place so that we are operating efficiently and effectively.
T joined the Home Care Assistance team in 2017. Prior to Home care Assistance, T worked for Intel Corporation and had many roles there from administrative, graphic designer, Relocation Specialist, New Hire Orientation Instructor and Supplier Program Manager. T loves working with the senior population and hearing their experiences and stories. As receptionist, she enjoys when they come into our office and sees their smiling faces and the adorable, nostalgic hats some of our clients wear – they remind her of her grandmother and many special memories.
T also enjoys working for Home Care Assistance because of the hard working and knowledgeable staff that is very passionate about their clients and caregivers.
In her free time, T likes to exercise, play golf, poker and bingo and spend time with her family and friends.