Greater Burlington's First Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- South Burlington
- Essex Junction
- St. Albans
- South Hero
- and more!
Welcome to Home Care Assistance of Greater Burlington Vermont - the leading provider of non-medical in-home care for seniors. Whether in the Green Mountains, on the Champlain lakeshore or in the Queen City of Burlington, a home in Vermont is a very special place. Our mission is to help change the way the world ages from our family to yours by helping seniors live well at home.
We are Tom and Stacy Lee, owners of Home Care Assistance of Greater Burlington. Our combined experience in health and home care, plus over 26 years of business management dovetailed with our desire to continue connecting with the vibrancy of Vermont communities and provide home care services. We were especially drawn to the Balanced Care Method and Cognitive Therapeutics that sets Home Care Assistance apart from other senior care options.
If you or a loved one you are taking care of are in need of high-quality home care, please give us a call (802) 876-7258 and let us help you explore all your senior care options. Thank you for entrusting us with the care your loved one.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Team
Stacy has worked in both the hospital and home health settings as a Registered Nurse. She gained experience in a wide variety of hospitals including John Hopkins Hospital, Yale-New Haven Hospital and FAHC/UVM Medical Center. Areas of experience include Oncology, Medical/Surgical and Critical Care/Trauma in the hospital setting. She also worked with the VNA of Chittenden and Grand Isle counties in the Pediatric high tech program. Over time, she learned to appreciate a holistic view of wellness and her desire is to help clients live happy and healthy lives at home. Stacy’s role is overseeing care plans and ensuring the highest standard of professionalism from all members of the care team. Stacy will work directly with families to make sure clients are happy over the course of our service.
Tom is driven to exceed client expectations and believes that when working with an elder aging in home, communication between the client, family members, and HCA needs to be superior. Tom has a 26-year background in executive management roles primarily focused on client account management, customer service, hiring, and training. His role with HCA is to oversee daily business operations as well as assisting in screening, selecting, and training caregivers and continue to build Vermont’s finest team of caregivers. Tom is a graduate of Swarthmore College. Outside of work he enjoys time with his wife Stacy, two teenage daughters and their 3 dogs. Tom has worked as a volunteer ski instructor with Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sport for the past 5 years and has been active in the Underhill Recreation Committee for over 10 years.