Home Care for Seniors With Parkinson's Disease
24 Hour Home Care
for All Day and All Night Support
Home Care Assistance provides older adults with 24/7, around-the-clock care. Clients and their families enjoy peace of mind with reliable, Daily caregivers that monitor safety, attend to any immediate or daily needs and provide companionship.
People with frailty syndrome, mid-to late-stage dementia, and advanced illness benefit from living at home with around-the-clock support. Both the client and their family enjoys peace of mind with reliable 24/7 caregivers in their home to monitor safety, tend to immediate needs, and be a companion.
Here to Help
Have Questions at 24 hour home care?
Your local team of Client Care Managers are on call 24/7 to answer your questions and work with you to design a customized plan of care.
Get that best of care for your family – even at night
At Home Care Assistance we provide peace of mind for families who want their loved ones to have the best of care at all times AND who also understand that self-care in the form of a helping hand and a good night’s sleep can enhance everyone’s life.
Benefits of 24 Hour Home Care
- Calm agitation, helping people who have lost their sense of time and place
- Greater companionship, especially at moments of greatest anxiety
- Meet personal and medical needs at night, keeping medications on schedule
- Reducing skin infections and chance of urinary tract infections with 24 hour care regimen
- Reduce fall risk for people who need assistance to get out of bed.
When is it Time for 24 Hour Home Care?
Download This Checklist
Cost and scheduling 24 hour home care
As a person requires more care, your home care agency can help you increase from 8 to 12 to 24 hours of care. Even at 24 hours of home care, there are different levels of care a family might want.
- One caregiver each day: They work a full 16-hour day, with breaks, followed by 8 hours sleep in the client’s home.
- Two caregivers each day: They work in 12 hour shifts. The evening caregiver stays awake through the night.
The variance in costs is different in every state and province, so we encourage you to speak with a care adviser near you. Even creating a location-based cost calculator is enormously complex, because of wage laws which vary by city and county.
Here are a few examples of different schedules:
- California: paid caregivers receive overtime (time and a half) for every hour worked beyond 8 hours each day.
- Texas: paid caregivers received overtime for every hour worked over 40 hours per week.
- British Columbia: Caregivers who work a full 18 hours and then sleep in the client’s home receive a 4 hour break for the caregiver, and during this break they can leave the premises.
What Do Our In-Home Caregivers Do? All This:
With 24/7, around-the-clock care, a caregiver is always watching over your loved one, offering emotional support, reducing fall risk and assisting in all activities of daily living including:
Personal Care Assistance
Assisting with walking and transferring from bed to wheelchair
Bathing, dressing and grooming assistance
Toileting and incontinence care
Status reporting to family
Safety and fall prevention
24/7 Monitoring after a procedure or hospital stay
Meal preparation and nutrition
Laundry and change of bed linens
Grocery shopping and errands
Transportation to social and recreational activities
Assistance with light exercise and outdoor activity
Companionship and community engagement
Personal Care Assistance
- Assisting with walking and transferring from bed to wheelchair
- Bathing, dressing and grooming assistance
- Medication reminders
- Toileting and incontinence care
- Status reporting to family
- Safety and fall prevention
- 24/7 Monitoring after a procedure or hospital stay
- Light housekeeping
- Meal preparation and nutrition
- Laundry and change of bed linens
- Grocery shopping and errands
- Transportation to social and recreational activities
- Assistance with light exercise and outdoor activity
- Companionship and community engagement
- Travel Assistance
Why Choose 24 Hour In-Home Care?
If you’re looking for a comprehensive, cost effective alternative to any type of facility, daily home care is the choice for you. The emotional strain associated with moving away from the familiarity and comfort of home often leads to physical decline, further loss of independence and diminished quality of life.
Around-the-clock care allows your loved one to remain in his or her home, while ensuring safety and promoting optimal well-being. In addition, caregivers offer a much more personalized plan of care with one-to-one support tailored to the status, conditions, preferences, hobbies and lifestyle of the individual.
Why Choose Home Care Assistance?
With Parkinson’s, it will become difficult to accomplish some of the more common tasks we’re used to doing on our own. We provide assistance to aide our clients in achieving these daily tasks while providing guidance and support to maintain independence.
Experience, Empathy & Safety
Our experienced caregivers provide clients with safety, companionship, and emotional support. They are devoted to the total health and happiness of their clients.
Care Away from Home
Our caregivers can also provide companionship and monitoring for safety during hospital stays. We can even accompany our clients on vacations, enabling them to travel safely and independently.
Peace of Mind for the Family
You can enjoy peace of mind knowing that a reliable, qualified caregiver is caring for your loved one. Our care team works with family members to provide complete transparency and is on call around-the-clock should anything arise. There is no long-term commitment with Home Care Assistance. Use our services for only as long as you need them and are 100 percent satisfied.
Home Care Assistance offers a roster of hundreds of caregiver with the right experience and skills to fit your family’s needs. However, personality matching is just as important! We strive to find the right personality fit for our clients and will select another caregiver for any reason - no questions asked!
Make sure you choose the right home care agency for you.
Read our Home Care Company Checklist to help you perform your due diligence to find the right care for your family. Not all home care companies are alike and this checklist will help you fully vet your options before you choose care for your loved one.
Download our full checklist here.Download
Home Care Assistance is proud to offer the following resources for your personal use completely free of charge.
This one-page flier introduces our proprietary Balanced Care Method™, a holistic approach to care focused on the healthy lifestyle choices that promote wellness in older adults.
This one-page flier explains our Cognitive Therapeutics Method™, a research-backed activities program designed to keep aging minds sharp.
If you are transitioning home from the hospital, this guide will help you understand how home care ensures a smooth recovery at home.