Serving Greater Montreal including Laval, South Shore and West Island
Serving happy clients in:
- Ville St-Laurent
- Town of Mount Royal
- La Prairie
- Dollard des ormeaux
- and more!
For over fifteen years, Home Care Assistance and our experienced caregivers have served seniors and their families with exceptional home care.
We provide older adults in Montreal and the broader community with one-on-one support that allows them to live safely and independently at home.
As the premier home care provider in the Greater Montreal Area, we have the deepest employee roster of skilled and compassionate caregivers. As a result, our Client Care Managers are able to match our clients to caregivers not only based on their home care needs, but also their personalities and interests. We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
Our 24/7 Guarantee means that we will be there when you need us – days, nights and weekends. Call us today to learn more or visit our office on Saint-Catherine street in Westmount.
We offer high quality companionship and assisted living services where seniors most prefer: at home.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
Meet the Team
Tim brings over 30 years of sales, marketing and general management experience in the health and beauty aid field. He established Home Care Assistance of Montreal in 2007 after the death of his own mother-in-law and has since grown the agency to one of the most successful and respected in the greater Montreal region. “We had a terrible time finding qualified help for my mother-in-law and I realized that there was a need in this industry.
Tim’s focus is on the day to day operations of the company; however he continues to be involved in client care. A believer in integrity and respect, Tim always takes the client’s needs to heart. Outgoing, compassionate and always professional, he easily makes a great connection with clients and their families.
“At Home Care Assistance, we take what we do very seriously. We hire the best trained caregivers, and then fuss about matching them with the right client… Fit is everything when caring for a senior and we pride ourselves on our ability to make that happen … It’s all about client satisfaction."
Suzanne joined Home Care Assistance in 2007 and has been one of its major contributors. With a background in public relations/communications, Suzanne oversees the key function of Client Care Management. Always anxious to help, she is compassionate, caring and relentlessly focused on the client’s needs. “Many clients call in a panic or are under tremendous stress due to a parent or loved one going through a health challenge. My job is to find solutions; often on short notice that will take that worry away … I love what I do."
The clients adore Suzanne and rely on her to ensure that their parents get the best care possible.
As a registered nurse, Maria brings 31 years of extensive nursing and management expertise to Home Care Assistance. With specialties in palliative and long term care in hospital and home settings, Maria has earned degrees in nursing, emergency and critical care as well as nursing management.
Maria has worked as a Head Nurse in palliative, elderly and long term care. Her comprehensive background, including strong communication skills and attention to detail, is dedicated to finding the best care solution for her clients and their families.
“My clients and their family’s needs are of the utmost importance to me when planning care. To do that, I look at the clients physical, psychological, spiritual and emotional needs when designing care. At the end of the day, it’s all about quality of life and how we at Home Care Assistance can make a difference in the life of a senior. To me, there’s nothing more rewarding or fulfilling."
Sandra brings a positive energy and a compassionate approach to both clients and caregivers. A strong believer that a smile and a kind word go a long way, she is committed to ensuring that clients always come first.
Having graduated with a business degree, Sandra has worked as a Client Manager for a direct marketing agency as well as a Product Manager in the nutraceutical field. With over 15 years of experience including branding, product launches, case management and project coordination, she has developed a strong business sense that is well suited to the demands of a dynamic office environment. Sandra combines her work experience with years of volunteer work with both the elderly and with children. “I began volunteering with elderly patients at the hospital when I was a teenager. It was great knowing that I could bring them some comfort.”
Sandra’s strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with her attention to detail put our client’s minds at ease with the knowledge that they are in good hands and that they will be taken care of.
“I believe in the adage that the customer is always right and I truly take pride in helping others. There is no greater satisfaction than positively impacting someone’s life and working with Home Care Assistance provides so many opportunities for that.”
With a background in sales and marketing, Timothy brings a mix of business and technical experience to Home Care Assistance. Having received a business degree from the John Molson School of Business, he began his career selling franchises for a children’s education concept with over 200 units worldwide. Heading up the sales team, Timothy travelled extensively to trade shows across North America and Europe.
Transitioning to the tech industry, Timothy polished his skills in digital marketing and sales. With Home Care Assistance, he is tasked with managing all online marketing activities for the company in addition to business development targeting key referral partners throughout the community.
Juliana has been with Home Care Assistance since 2008 and fills the role of billing and payroll administrator in addition to overall administrative support. She comes from a retail management background which gave her an appreciation for customer support and client satisfaction.
In addition to her administrative duties, Juliana acts as a back up to the care staff for after hours on call requirements. “I enjoy the variety that my position provides me. Not only do I support the financial activities of Home Care Assistance, but I get to interact with the clients and care giving staff also. I really find it rewarding”
Michele is a true believer in the power of good and that constant attention to detail can go a long way toward client satisfaction. Her belief that clients deserve the best is what motivates her. “Having faced the struggles of finding dependable care for my family and having experienced the endless emotional hurdles that follow, I believe that great support and reliable care is hard to find. If I can ease the minds of clients and their families, I will feel greatly accomplished.”
With a degree in Human Relations, Michele has studied the dynamics of human interaction and relationship building and has since developed a passion for people and social change. Through experience in the service industry, she is accustomed to working for the community. Home Care Assistance has offered Michele the chance to combine her education and transferable skills to provide hands-on care to both clients and their loved ones.
With an entrepreneurial spirit and over 12 years’ experience in marketing and business development, Janik brings a unique skill-set to Home Care Assistance. Having previously started her own company in the senior’s market which she successfully sold after seven years, Janik plays a key role at Home Care Assistance both as it relates to strategic marketing and overall business development. She’s a dynamic, high-energy individual but one with a caring heart.
In her role as Business Development Manager, Janik focuses specifically on expanding our referral marketing efforts and overall community outreach programs.
- My family & I loved the service the caregivers from HCA offered. They stayed with my mom for the late shift (11pm-7am) during her recovery from a colon cancer operation.
We felt so happy & relieved when these caregivers made my mom feel at ease & confident, as they have experience. Knowing someone responsible & competent is overseeing someone you love is priceless, especially in these difficult times. The stress my mom & my family experienced during the last 3 months was incredible. The staff seemed to be able to relate. Great service & would use them again if need be.
- I am writing to thank you for the support your company has provided to my mother for almost three years. You have always been most professional in finding the right people for this often challenging task. My wife and I have found it a pleasure to work with you. You have always been there for us even with last minute emergencies. You were always prompt in your responses to us, no matter what time.
We would like to personally thanks Ingela who helped my mother remain as autonomous as possible for the last 18 months and also to Rachel who was able to jump in on an emergency basis and help us out. She was an enormous help to us during a very difficult time. Her intrinsic sweetness, natural compassion and intuitive understanding made her invaluable to all of us. Please do send both our kindest regards and gratitude.
Thank you again, Tim. Best wishes for continued success.
- I’d like to thank everyone at Home Care Assistance for their kindness and compassion. Without you, Mom would not have been able to live at home these past 3 years. And the fact that you would provide extra help at a moment’s notice gave me peace of mind.
Your thoughtfulness, care and professionalism is much appreciated.
- Just a quick note of thanks. You have made my life a little easier. As the natural caregiver of my 94 year old mother Amelia, I find life very challenging. Home Care Assistance has made it possible for me to take some needed R&R. Although my mother and I have favourites, all of Home Care Assistance's caregivers are professionals and take their jobs very seriously. They are experienced and caring. Some are even trained nurses. They have helped clothe and feed my mother. They have provided the needed company and security for Amelia. When I return home from a weekend or from a longer stay such as a vacation, I see my mother's smiling face and that is all I need to know.
- Our experiences will always be in a very positive light. We knew that our mother would not be capable of remaining in her residence into the New Year, but she did make it very clear to us early this year that she wanted to remain there as long as possible. Having Jyoti come in, sent her a message that she needed help and allowed her to preserve her dignity and for her to fully realize her position and that things would change. Your services greatly helped us to transition the situation.
Yes, we have fond memories, and appreciate your great communications, caring and flexible services. And, I emphasize flexible because in these times where need and cost are very related – that flexibility to turn things around quickly – really matters a great deal. That was extremely important. When you initially said a 48 hours’ notice – that took a huge load off our minds, because you never know in the late stages, and we, like most families are not experts. I am sure that most of your clients – this is a first for them as it was for us.
Rest assured that should we have an opportunity to refer you and your services to anyone of our friends, relatives, neighbours or colleagues – we will.
- I remembered hearing about your company on the radio and decided that I should call and see what kind of assistance you could provide. Our first meeting was better than I had expected – you are a kind and understanding man and you were able to assess the situation and provide the calming “I’m here to help” feeling. It was very much appreciated that I felt very comfortable that you could provide me with the service that was required to help my parents.
Your service was efficient including your follow up to ensure that we were comfortable with the caregivers that you were able to place on short notice. We were provided with help that had medical backgrounds and very pleasant dispositions. In such a different situation, the caregivers were a blessing. They stepped in and took care of all my parents needs and have me the peace of mind that I was looking for.
Thank you for your excellent service – I will keep your number close at hand in the event the need arises again. Keep up the good work – Montreal needs this type of caring company.
- My mother, who had lived happily on her own for over 20 years, required assistance toward the end of her life. It was her wish to remain at home, despite her illness, and with the help of Home Care Assistance, she was able to. Home Care Assistance worked hard to provide assistants that met my mother’s needs and were personable. I was able to manage my mother’s care from a distance, knowing they were providing her care. I would recommend Home Care Assistance to other families who need help with managing a loved one’s care.
- It is with a certain measure of sadness that I terminate our contract with your agency. It has been such a pleasure working with you and I would like to tell you how much I appreciated your competence.
You provided the services of an outstanding caregiver, Debra, and you managed the inevitable changes of schedule promptly and efficiently. You had done an excellent job at finding the perfect caregiver to accompany my husband in his last two years.
My family and I thank you for your excellent services.
Why Choose Home Care Assistance
We strive to provide the best service. Here are a few reasons, among many others.
Daily Care Experts
We specialize in around the clock care to help seniors live well at home.
Care managers are on call for clients and their families, even during nights and weekends.
High Caliber Caregivers
We typically hire only 1 in 25 applicants and provide ongoing training and supervision.
Our unique approach to care promotes healthy mind, body and spirit.
No Long Term Contracts
Use our services only as long as you're 100% satisfied.
Peace of Mind
Independent industry surveys place our client satisfaction rate at 97%.
A Trusted Partner
We’re honored to be Preferred Providers for professionals in both the medical and senior communities.
Our proprietary cognitive stimulation program addresses cognitive decline, building on our expertise in brain health.