The Home Care Assistance Advantage
Meet the Washington D.C. Team
Why Choose Home Care Assistance
We specialize in around-the-clock care and offer the largest selection of caregivers and the most competitive rates. We offer special trainings such as Balanced Care Method™, Cognitive Therapeutics Method™ and Culinary Classes to our live-in caregivers. Find out why live-in is the safest, most cost-effective choice for your family.
Our entire team is on-call 24/7 – nights and weekends – for our clients’ needs. Each client has a dedicated Care Manager who conducts the assessment, matches caregivers and serves as the contact for the family. We are the largest home care agency in Washington D.C. and our team will be there for your needs, guaranteed.
High Caliber Caregivers
We conduct an intensive screening process, train and orient our caregivers and match them specifically to our clients. We are the largest employer in Washington D.C. with hundreds of active caregivers.
We train and promote the Balanced Care Method™ to improve health and wellness in older adults through healthy lifestyles, mental and physical activity and close social bonds. Balanced Care is based on scientifically proven longevity principles and can make a big difference in improving quality-of-life.
No Long Term Contracts
We believe in the quality of our services. We require no deposits or long-term contracts, so our clients only use our services if they are 100% satisfied. Our Care Management Team is in place to make sure you receive the support you need, and we can have a caregiver at your home in a matter of hours.
Peace of Mind
Our company is built on our strong reputation in the community. Independent client surveys place our client satisfaction at 97% and we meet most of our new clients through word-of-mouth referrals. Our team is ready for the most difficult situations and can give you the peace of mind you need.
We strive to inform and educate. Here is a small sample of resources we have to offer.
Local Testimonials: Read what your neighbors are saying about Home Care Assistance!
- We have been very satisfied, not only with the caregivers they have provided, but by the quality service we have gotten from the company. If any problems arise, they are there to work them out. They continually check in to make sure that the caregivers are giving good service. This is the best agency we have ever worked with. Highly recommend it! They know what they are doing.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- Home Care Assistance raises exactly the right banner in promoting The Balanced Care Method as the foundation for all good care. In the rush of medical care systems that focus almost exclusively on problems, The Balanced Care Method encourages an approach which emphasizes creating strengths. For centuries we have known that better health in aging is tied to physical, emotional, social, and spiritual factors. Regardless of diseases, building on these basics of good health matters.
But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- I just spoke with his resident advisor and he just raved about how well he has integrated into his dorm and life on campus. The RA said that he has made tons of friends, and "just knows everything that is happening on campus." Physically and emotionally, he is the strongest he's ever been. The doctor he saw on Saturday also agreed how well he is doing. Yesterday, he walked from the parking lot to his dorm room without his walker. His power chair skills have improved tremendously. His caregiver said that he can safely drive to the cafeteria without any assistance. Personally, I've seen him become much more responsible for himself. This leap has led to much emotional growth. I think your caregivers are doing a terrific job of providing support, without hovering. Thanks for all of your help.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.