Tacoma's First Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- University Place
- Gig Harbor
- Fox Island
- Federal Way
- Bonney Lake
- and more!
For over fifteen years, Home Care Assistance and our experienced caregivers have served seniors and their families with exceptional home care.
We provide older adults in the Tacoma community with one-on-one support that allows them to live safely and independently at home.
As the premier home care provider in Tacoma, we have the deepest employee roster of skilled and compassionate caregivers. As a result, our Client Care Managers are able to match our clients to caregivers not only based on their home care needs, but also their personalities and interests. We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
Our 24/7 Guarantee means that we will be there when you need us – days, nights and weekends. Call us today to learn more or visit our office in Tacoma.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Team
Sue loves helping people through their journey by matching them with the resources needed to achieve their best experience and quality of life. Being a trusted partner who coaches individuals and families during their crossroads in life is a responsibility she takes seriously. Sue brings years of experience in customer service, marketing, public relations, sales, management, and operations to her role here at Home Care Assistance. Thanks to this experience, she has established a wide network of individuals who are able to assist with a spectrum of needs beyond home care.
Sue started her career in health care in 2008 as Sales & Marketing Director for an independent & assisted living community in Gig Harbor, adding skilled nursing to her responsibilities over time. Sue grew up and raised her family in Pierce County, she feels privileged to connect people in our community with the tools to help keep their loved ones safe whether for a temporary or long-term need in the location of their choosing.
Sue is a member of the Health Care Providers of Pierce County, Pierce County Fall Prevention Coalition, Pierce County Aging & Long-Term Care Providers Network, and serves on the Board of Directors for the Aging Smart Network.
Belinda's area of expertise is staffing and she has been in the home care industry since 2001. She has worked as a Certified Nursing Assistant and Phlebotomy Technician working with the elderly in an Adult Family Home, Assisted Living and their own homes plus helping patients at the UW Hospital. Belinda has served as a Staffing Supervisor for 3 and 1/2 years. Her philosophy in life is to treat others as you would like them to treat you. She enjoys her work; knowing that her clients are paired with the right caregivers.
Charmaine is the administrative assistant to the HR Generalist. She assists with any HR responsibilities such as completing reference/employment verification or completing background checks. Charmaine is in charge of tracking credentials and compliance, this can include continuing education compliance or home care licenses expiration compliance. She has an administrative assistant certificate. Charmaine's years of experience in her field includes 3 years experience. She always does her best in everything she does. Charmaine enjoys what she does because he co-workers and management does not hesitate to trust her with different responsibilities, as well as the wonderful work environment she has where everyone treats each other as family. She is a very techy kind of person and she has been the go-to tech person in the office. Charmaine is also currently a college student and in pursuit of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science.
Jamie's areas of expertise include: Staffing Manager, Resident Care Manager, Caregiver, Medical Assistant, Assistant Health Services Director. She has a Medical Assisting Certification, staffing experience, and care giving experience. Jamie has been in the Medical Field since 2001. Her philosophy is to, "treat others the way you would want to have your family treated!" Her job is her passion, and she enjoys working with the elderly. Jamie's favorite clients to work with (even thought the disease is horrible) is Dementia clients. She loves being able to make a person smile and bring them joy. To know that dementia patients could not know who or where they are one minute but could be smiling and laughing with you the next minute. Her education includes her CNA and MA. Jamie has worked in every aspect of the field from a caregiver starting at the age of 15 for a family friend (who had MS), and working in skilled nursing and assisted living facilities.
Lydia has over six years’ experience in the home care field. Other than her hands-on experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), she has worked in the advertising industry as a brand manager for a few organizations including non-profits. She's a creative thinker with an aptitude for new challenging experiences and a great team player.
Ryan’s area of expertise is recruiting and compliance management. He is a Washington native who has a Business Administration degree from Doane College in Nebraska. Ryan also played baseball for Doane College. He has recruited caregivers for over a year now, and believes in staying focused on the process and always striving to improve. Ryan enjoys working in the Homecare field because he feels that he is helping seniors get the proper care that is needed. He has a strong passion for helping people in any way possible with the education and experience he has gone through. On his off time, Ryan’s hobbies include playing golf, camping, and traveling.