Hermosa Beach's Premier Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Redondo Beach
- Palos Verdes Estates
- Rancho Palos Verdes
- Rolling Hills
- Rolling Hills Estates
- San Pedro
- Hermosa Beach
- Manhattan Beach
- El Segundo
- and more!
Since opening our doors in early 2015, Home Care Assistance has served Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, and LA's greater South Bay communities with our exceptional caregivers & proprietary programs focused on aging longevity. We provide one-on-one support that allows your loved ones to live safely and independently at home. Our dedicated care managers and caregivers have worked with hundreds of families in the South Bay, and the way we meet most of our clients is through word-of-mouth recommendations.
Our Care Managers provide complimentary in-home assessments, and are able to match our caregivers with clients not only based on their home care needs, but also their personalities and interests. We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
Our 24/7 Guarantee means that we will be there when you need us – days, nights and weekends.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Team
Kristen Wadsten has seven years of experience in hospice care and over four years were spent on the west side of Los Angeles, specifically at UCLA Santa Monica and Cedars Sinai Medical Center. She was led to this field in 2009 after witnessing the difference made in a life of a family member and since then has carried that feeling to inspire her in her career to make a difference. Kristen is excited to expand her knowledge in senior care and further develop her skills as a trusted and professional resource for her clients.
Kelvin's area of expertise is helping people, with over 10 years of experience in positions of this nature. Being able to uncover their wants and needs and put together a plan that will help them achieve all of their goals. Kelvin has a BA in psychology and experience in hospice. His personal philosophy is that adversity is the catalyst of mental toughness. Kelvin says he enjoys doing what he does because it blesses him with the opportunity bless others. He believes having the opportunity to improve and enhance the quality of someones life experience is a gift.
Monica is great at recruiting, training, and coaching caregivers to make sure that both they and their client are getting the support that they need. She has worked in both the hospital setting and home care industry for over 6 years. Monica says she enjoys putting a smile on others faces and making a difference in others lives. Her goal is to make sure clients are getting the quality care they deserve and our caregivers are getting the proper training to be a successful and great caregivers.
Amber's area of expertise revolves around scheduling the right caregiver with the right client; this is where she feels she excels. She has 5 years of experience in her field. Her recent experience relative to her position includes previously working for Princess Cruises, scheduling over 275 vendor visits with 40 vessels around the world. This gave Amber thorough knowledge and skills of scheduling, organization, and customer service skills; all needed for her current Staffing Manager position. Amber truly enjoys helping people and believes that when hard times do come around, "Everything happens for a reason. Just keep looking forward and better things will come." In her spare time, Amber does photography to raise money for Diabetes and Multiple Sclerosis; it's her way of giving back!