Redondo Beach's Premier Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Redondo Beach
- Palos Verdes Estates
- Rancho Palos Verdes
- Rolling Hills
- Rolling Hills Estates
- San Pedro
- Hermosa Beach
- Manhattan Beach
- El Segundo
- and more!
Since opening our doors in early 2015, Home Care Assistance has served Redondo Beach and LA's greater South Bay communities with our exceptional caregivers & proprietary programs focused on aging longevity. We provide one-on-one support that allows your loved ones to live safely and independently at home. Our dedicated care managers and caregivers have worked with hundreds of families in the South Bay, and the way we meet most of our clients is through word-of-mouth recommendations.
Our Care Managers provide complimentary in-home assessments, and are able to match our caregivers with clients not only based on their home care needs, but also their personalities and interests. We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
Our 24/7 Guarantee means that we will be there when you need us – days, nights and weekends. Call us today to learn more or visit our office in beautiful South Redondo Beach off of Pacific Coast Hwy at the intersection of Torrance Blvd (same plaza as Lupita's Mexican Grill).
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Team
Kristen Wadsten has seven years of experience in hospice care and over four years were spent on the west side of Los Angeles, specifically at UCLA Santa Monica and Cedars Sinai Medical Center. She was led to this field in 2009 after witnessing the difference made in a life of a family member and since then has carried that feeling to inspire her in her career to make a difference. Kristen is excited to expand her knowledge in senior care and further develop her skills as a trusted and professional resource for her clients.
Nick has 3+ years of client care experience as well as 5+ years in mental health/social service. He has worked with children of autism, and individuals with developmental disabilities both adult and child. Nick has also worked as a direct care provider, and has trained in individual psychotherapy as a practicum trainee. He is experienced in case management and advising.
Nick earned his BA in Psychology, Masters of Arts in Psychology, currently working on his Doctorate in Applied Clinical Psychology, PsyD. He enjoys Wilfred Bion's theory on container/containment. Nick takes pride in listening and holding any responses so that his client, friend, colleague can let it all out. He started working in the helping field to advocate for those without a voice, and to provide a high level of quality care. At Home Care assistance Nick plans to continue providing the highest quality of care possible.
Shane is the Director of Operations and Manager of Client Care Services. Prior to joining HCA, Shane worked as an insurance broker and Account Executive at Nexo Insurance Services, Inc. locally in Manhattan Beach, CA. Under his leadership, Shane helped develop and grow a private self-insurance company for the renowned fitness corporation,CrossFit, Inc., titled CrossFit Risk Retention Group. In 3+ years at Nexo, he was instrumental in expanding the CFRRG to insure over 25% of the total market share and triple in gross revenue.
He also has international business experience having lived and worked in Cairo, Egypt for Marinetech, an established agency in the Middle East’s offshore oil industry representing companies from all over the world. Shane plied his trade as a shipbroker specializing in the marketing, sale, and rental of commercial vessels operating in the Mediterranean Sea, Persian Gulf, and Red Sea. It was during this period abroad that he began to realize his innate skills of connecting with humans from multiple backgrounds and ethnicities, and developed a passion for creating a positive difference in individuals’ lives through a variety of social platforms, becoming fluent in Arabic along the way. As an ex-college and professional soccer player, coaching his lifetime sport became an avenue to give back to the local community in Cairo as he joined Africa’s most prestigious private high school’s Varsity team as a volunteer assistant, Cairo American College. This eventually led him to being an ambassador for underprivileged Egyptian high school players aiming to get recruited by universities’ soccer programs in the United States. Shane returned to the U.S. with a hunger to touch the lives of those in need.
HCA has given him the opportunity to do so with the Senior community, which is close to his heart having experienced his late Grandfather’s struggle with Parkinson’s Disease. Shane received his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science (concentration in International Studies) from the University of California, Irvine. He continues to coach competitively in his local community for The LA Galaxy South Bay Soccer Club, and is a director of Elite International Soccer, an Egyptian organization hosting camps and clinics in the Middle East with the continued aim of helping players earn athletic college scholarships in the U.S. Shane is also pursuing a Masters Degree in Clinical Psychology at Pepperdine University.