Portland’s First Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Lake Oswego
- and more!
For over fifteen years, Home Care Assistance and our experienced caregivers have served seniors and their families with exceptional home care.
We provide older adults in Portland and the broader community with one-on-one support that allows them to live safely and independently at home.
As the premier home care provider in Portland, we have the deepest employee roster of skilled and compassionate caregivers. As a result, our Client Care Managers are able to match our clients to caregivers not only based on their home care needs, but also their personalities and interests. We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
Our 24/7 Guarantee means that we will be there when you need us – days, nights and weekends. Call us today to learn more or visit our office in Lake Oswego.
We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
Why Choose Home Care Assistance
We strive to provide the best service. Here are a few reasons, among many others.
Daily Care Experts
We specialize in around the clock care to help seniors live well at home.
Care managers are on call for clients and their families, even during nights and weekends.
High Caliber Caregivers
We typically hire only 1 in 25 applicants and provide ongoing training and supervision.
Our unique approach to care promotes healthy mind, body and spirit.
No Long Term Contracts
Use our services only as long as you're 100% satisfied.
Peace of Mind
Independent industry surveys place our client satisfaction rate at 97%.
A Trusted Partner
We’re honored to be Preferred Providers for professionals in both the medical and senior communities.
Our proprietary cognitive stimulation program addresses cognitive decline, building on our expertise in brain health.
Meet the Portland Team
Theresa brings 18 years of hospital and home health experience, including a certification in health coaching for adults and seniors. She has a diverse background in administration, public relations, sales, marketing and community outreach. Theresa began her journey working with seniors while in high school by visiting and helping an aging uncle. Over the years she saw how he became isolated and lonely prior to suffering dementia and passing. That experience, in hind site, has since given her a passion to help seniors live a healthy, happy and productive life, full of as much joy as possible.
Crystals experience is in staffing and recruiting. She has been a CNA and caregiver for Skilled Nursing Facilities, Rehabilitation Centers, In Home Care and Long Term Care for over 10 years. Crystal started as a CNA in Washington and volunteered at a nursing facility for a year; this started her path to working with the elderly. She really takes pride in finding the right caregiver for each family. Crystal truly wants to find caregivers that can be an extended part of the clients family. During her time off, she likes to spend time with her teenage son watching him on the football field.
Toni received her RN Degree in 1995, with a double major in Science. The majority of her career she worked for Providence Hospital in Acute Care on a very busy Medical/Surgical floor. At the end of her 15 years there, she wanted to take what she had learned in order to help people be as independent as possible in their own homes by becoming a Home Health RN Supervisor. Toni absolutely loves her job! She is passionate about helping people remain in the home setting as they age and offering a supportive care team to help individuals who may need a little (or a lot) of assistance to remain safe and age in place.
Toni was Providence Hospital's Volunteer Program Educator for all volunteers throughout the hospital. She loved to teach and is an outgoing person that enjoys working with people. She has been in the Home Care setting going on 4 years and thoroughly enjoys this type of nursing care. Toni feels like she is right where she wants to be professionally and believes that translates to a lot of satisfied clients.
Shayna O'Doran brings two years of office management in a health care setting and a Bachelor's of Science in Health Care Management to her role as Staffing Manager at Home Care Assistance. Her personal philosophy is: bring kindness to everything and anything you do because you never know the way your words and actions will impact someone's day. She enjoys her position because she knows she can make a positive difference in someone's life. Shayna moved to the Portland area from Chicago because of her love for all things outdoors, so you'll find her exploring nature when not at work.
Tracey brings nearly a decade of management experience in the home care industry to her position as Client Care Manager/Administrator at Home Care Assistance. Her specialties include scheduling, customer service, working with hospice clients and training. She also has personal care experience, as she was able to care for both of her grandmothers and her grandfather from companionship until end of life. She also took care of an 85-year-old gentleman for three and a half years while in high school and college. She joined the home care industry because she loves helping seniors. Her favorite parts are visiting with the clients, listening to their stories, and making it possible for them to live independently at home.
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!