The Home Care Assistance Advantage
Why Choose Home Care Assistance
Daily Care Experts
We specialize in around-the-clock care and offer the largest selection of caregivers and the most competitive rates. We offer special trainings such as Balanced Care Method™, Cognitive Therapeutics Method™ and Culinary Classes to our live-in caregivers. Find out why daily care is the safest, most cost-effective choice for your family.
Our entire team is on-call 24/7 – nights and weekends – for our clients’ needs. Each client has a dedicated Care Manager who conducts the assessment, matches caregivers and serves as the contact for the family. We are the largest home care agency in the Peninsula and our team will be there for your needs, guaranteed.
High Caliber Caregivers
We conduct an intensive screening process, perform rigorous Department of Justice background checks, train and orient our caregivers and match them specifically to our clients. We are the largest employer in the Peninsula with hundreds of active caregivers.
We train and promote the Balanced Care Method™ to improve health and wellness in older adults through healthy lifestyles, mental and physical activity and close social bonds. Balanced Care is based on scientifically proven longevity principles and can make a big difference in improving quality-of-life.
No Long Term Contracts
We believe in the quality of our services. We require no deposits or long-term contracts, so our clients only use our services if they are 100% satisfied. Our Care Management Team is in place to make sure you receive the support you need, and we can have a caregiver at your home in a matter of hours.
Peace of Mind
Our company is built on our strong reputation in the community. Independent client surveys place our client satisfaction at 97% and we meet most of our new clients through word-of-mouth referrals. Our team is ready for the most difficult situations and can give you the peace of mind you need.
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Team
Karlyn has over 10 years of customer service experience, supervising experience, and 5 years experience working at John Muir Health Medical Center in Walnut Creek as a Nutrition Service Associate. She spent 5 years at the University of Manila, a state university in the capital of the Philippines. Karlyn is excited to be a part of the HCA team and looks forward to serving the Pleasanton area.
Christine’s experience includes 20 years of Customer Service, 15 years of Marketing and 10 years in Sales. She has been in the Health & Wellness field for 10 years. Her personal skills that make her a great Client Care Manager include customer engagement, intuition regarding people’s needs, compassionate and caring of others. Christine has her degree in Business and also studied Kinesiology and Anatomy at the National Holistic Institute. She believes the greatest gift in life is living life to the fullest, so being able to work with her clients so closely to help ensure their life stays as meaningful as possible is a blessing. Everyone has a story and she is there to listen. Quick facts about Christine: mom to one daughter in college, animal lover (mom of 3), Massage Therapist and runner.
Janice Otto joins the East Bay Home Care Team as Staffing Manager. She started her career at Home Care Assistance as a caregiver in 2009, and her hard work and dedication has quickly escalated her to Staffing Manager. Janice has also managed two family-owned care homes, working as an Administrator for a Residential Care Facility for the Elderly (RCFE). She has also worked as a licensed Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and Home Health Aide. As a dedicated nursing professional with extensive customer service experience and patient-care skills, Janice is an invaluable member of the East Bay Care Team and is excited to continue providing care to seniors in the East Bay.
Bobbie has worked for two private ambulance companies for over 12 years in business development. Her passion is serving the needs of our elderly/geriatric population and accessing the resources available to those most in need with HIV/AIDS. When she is not working, she is actively involved in the community with EMS projects and events. This includes the annual Alzheimer's march, national kidney walks, UCSF children's transplant picnic, and others. Bobbie lives in San Francisco, has three grown children, 2 granddaughters and another on the way. In her past time she likes to cycle, enjoys museums, and attending the events in Golden Gate Park.