Palo Alto’s First Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Palo Alto
- Menlo Park
- Portola Valley
- San Carlos
- Los Altos
- Los Altos Hills
- and more!
For over fifteen years, Home Care Assistance and our experienced caregivers have served seniors and their families with exceptional home care.
We provide older adults in Palo Alto and the broader community with one-on-one support that allows them to live safely and independently at home.
As the premier home care provider in Palo Alto, we have the deepest employee roster of skilled and compassionate caregivers. As a result, our Client Care Managers are able to match our clients to caregivers not only based on their home care needs, but also their personalities and interests. We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
Our 24/7 Guarantee means that we will be there when you need us – days, nights and weekends. Call us today to learn more or visit our office in Palo Alto.
We provide one-on-one support that allows your loved ones to live safely and independently at home.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
Why Choose Home Care Assistance
We strive to provide the best service. Here are a few reasons, among many others.
Daily Care Experts
We specialize in around the clock care to help seniors live well at home.
Care managers are on call for clients and their families, even during nights and weekends.
High Caliber Caregivers
We typically hire only 1 in 25 applicants and provide ongoing training and supervision.
Our unique approach to care promotes healthy mind, body and spirit.
No Long Term Contracts
Use our services only as long as you're 100% satisfied.
Peace of Mind
Independent industry surveys place our client satisfaction rate at 97%.
A Trusted Partner
We’re honored to be Preferred Providers for professionals in both the medical and senior communities.
Our proprietary cognitive stimulation program addresses cognitive decline, building on our expertise in brain health.
Local Testimonials: Read what your neighbors are saying about Home Care Assistance!
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Palo Alto Team
Jessica’s areas of expertise are HR, Administration, and Marketing. She has Customer Service experience, and was a Certified Nursing Assistant (CAN). Jessica was in a nursing program for almost 2 years in the Philippines before moving to the United States. Taking care of her mother who has had diabetes since she was a child is something that has given her relative insight into caring for someone within her home. Ever since childhood, she loved helping her mom in taking care of her disease. Jessica describes herself as easy-going, fair, independent, and a fast and avid learner. She loves her work as a HR Admin Assistant and doing marketing, it gives her a sense of balance!
Edwin joins the Palo Alto team as a Staffing Manager, after serving as Operations/Staffing Manager from a nursing registry in Santa Monica, CA for the past 5 years. Edwin has a Bachelors Degree in Law and Science, and several years of experience working as a Human Relations Manager. Edwin looks forward to exploring the Bay Area with his family, and taking to the local hills on his mountain bike. He is always guided by this saying "When nothing goes right, go left."
Bridget Lynch, is a world traveler with a Bachelors of Occupational Therapy and over 8 years of specialized hands-on experience as a discharge planner and a community health leader, having worked on projects at the University of Australia, the UK National Health Service, and Stanford University. In addition, Bridget is also an expert on community health and safety and conducts home safety inspections, allowing her to provide clients and families with exceptional leadership and expert guidance during difficult transitions.
Jennifer joins Home Care Assistance as a Client Care Manager with over 9 years of professional experience in senior care. She is an LVN with a multitude of experience in hands-on care, managing client care, staffing, and caregiver training. Jennifer has always had a passion for seniors, as she was the primary caregiver for her grandfather with Alzheimer's for many years. She strives to make a difference in the lives of seniors and is overjoyed to be a part of the Palo Alto team.
Jennifer became an LVN in 2009, worked as an LVN from 2009-2015 in communities with independent, assisted living, and memory care. She then promoted to Wellness Director at a senior living community in 2015. Her personal philosophy is to be there for those that are in need, no matter how big or small. Jennifer loves being able to make a difference in the lives of others and find peace in knowing she was able to assist in enhancing their quality of life.
Deanne Belcher, RN joins Home Care Assistance Palo Alto as the Director of Business Development. Belcher is a highly-acclaimed home and health care expert with over 30 years of experience in the Bay Area. As Director of Business Development, she will coordinate home care services for seniors, educate the community on Home Care Assistance’s innovative approach to in-home care and work with other elder care professionals to help seniors in Palo Alto and the greater Peninsula thrive.
Prior to joining Home Care Assistance, Belcher worked in both clinical and management roles in home health. She started her career as a Registered Nurse before moving into the home health care arena in 1991, where she discovered her passion for home care and sales. She went on to assist with the creation and development of AdvoLIFE, a successful geriatric care management and caregiving company. As a company leader, Belcher helped with AdvoLIFE’s expansion and acquisition by LivHOME until 2011, when she became a key member of the start-up team for Agility Health, a licensed private duty home health agency. Her commitment to exceptional customer service along with her entrepreneurial spirit make her a perfect champion of the company’s mission to change the way the world ages.
Claudia brings nearly a decade of professional experience in senior care management to her role as Client Care Manager at Home Care Assistance. She brings vast knowledge to her role, especially in the areas of client support, quality assurance, staffing, and accounting. Claudia earned her Bachelors Degree in Business Management before entering the home care industry as a caregiver, where she quickly moved up to Care Manager after only a few months. Ever since she was young, she was determined to find a career which would make a difference in people's lives. After helping care for her grandmother, who suffered from dementia, her lifelong passion became helping seniors live safely and comfortably at home, ensuring top quality of life for them and peace of mind for their families.
Mansi is joining the Home Care Assistance Team with over three years of professional experience in home care. She is a Registered Nurse and earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from San Jose State University. Mansi has a huge heart and succeeds at staying calm under pressure which is why she thrives in the home care industry. She loves making a difference in the lives of seniors and is thrilled to be a part of the Palo Alto home care team.
Annie Duong is the Client Care Manager for the Home Care Assistance office in Palo Alto. She has worked in the home care industry for over three years and has gained insight as both a caregiver and as a Client Care Manager. Annie earned her B.S. in Health Science from San Jose State University and finds her passion in improving the quality of life for those around her. She cherishes the time she spends with the families she works with and takes pride in being able provide the high quality of care Home Care Assistance offers to Bay Area seniors.
Micah has been delivering great service to our clients at Home Care Assistance for over 10 years. She received her bachelors degree from San Francisco State University in business administration. Micah began her career at Home Care Assistance as a caregiver, but was quickly promoted when her talents for matching caregivers and clients was identified. She retains a passion for the day-to-day care our clients receive and is always working to improve the quality of care we provide.
Marissa brings over eight years of professional experience in the medical and home care fields to the Home Care Assistance Team. Before moving to the U.S., Marissa was a registered nurse in the Philippines and worked as an ER and Intensive Care Unit Nurse for three years. Marissa then worked as a Quality Assurance Coordinator and Assistant Staffing Manager at a home care agency for four years prior to her role at Home Care Assistance. Marissa is extremely qualified at staffing and training caregivers and is especially helpful at preparing them for challenging cases involving medical issues. Marissa enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment, working exceptionally hard to provide the most knowledgeable caregivers to fulfill clients needs and preferences.
Chess has a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and has over two years of professional experience in the medical field. Chess has a diversity of skills from his experiences as a Certified Nursing Assistant, a Sterile Processing Technician and a caregiver, who worked with clients requiring an expertise in dementia care, disabled care, hospice and more. Prior to joining Home Care Assistance, Chess worked as a Staffing and Quality Assurance Manager in San Mateo and Walnut Creek. After caring for his great-aunt, Chess was inspired to help care for others and sees home care as his true calling.
As a Junior Staffing Manager, Daisy coordinates client care based on their needs and preferences and assists the Human Resources department with caregiver applications, screenings and orientation. Daisy has professional experience in customer service and payroll and is certified to do in-house DOJ background checks for caregiver screenings. She is also the head of scheduling for our newest Caregivers2go program which provides on-demand caregivers at no minimum hourly requirement. Daisy has been a part of the Home Care Assistance team for three years and enjoys how rewarding it is to serve happy clients and their families.
With a degree in Health Science and over two and a half years of experience in long term care, Jennilyn is a true professional at coordinating client care. Previous to her role at Home Care Assistance, Jennilyn work as a Long Term Care Ombudsman for the Milpitas Care Center where she was an advocate for residents, ensuring a high level of care and improving their quality of life. She brings this mentality into her role at Home Care Assistance by always striving to uphold the quality of our care services by providing the most qualified and expertly matched caregivers for clients.
Alecsa's areas of expertise are recruitment and human resources. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Healthcare Administration and has professional experience as a HR Assistant for both a home health agency and a home care agency. Prior to her administrative experience, Alecsa was inspired by both of her parents, who are caregivers, and even served as a caregiver herself. She understands the meaning of good quality care and how it can make a difference in the life of a client, and wants to be a part of the team making that difference.
Nicole has over five years of professional experience in full cycle human resources, from recruiting and hiring to employee maintenance and compliance, as well as experience with injury and illness prevention training with a home care agency. Prior to her work in HR, Nicole worked as a caregiver one-on-one for clients in the home as well as for an assisted living facility for three years. Nicole enjoys helping others and believes that whether she is hiring the most qualified caregivers in the industry or assisting office staff, she is helping make a difference.
Mel Garibay is the Scheduling Assistant for Home Care Assistance Palo Alto. He recently graduated with a B.S. in Business Administration and management. Mel enjoys his work as a scheduling assistant as he continues to build and grow his career in the health care industry. Mel assists with scheduling caregivers and performs billing and payroll tasks. He believes that client satisfaction is essential and is passionate about contributing to the successful aging of seniors in Palo Alto, California.