Palo Alto’s First Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Palo Alto
- Menlo Park
- Portola Valley
- San Carlos
- Los Altos
- Los Altos Hills
- and more!
For over fifteen years, Home Care Assistance and our experienced caregivers have served seniors and their families with exceptional home care.
We provide older adults in Palo Alto and the broader community with one-on-one support that allows them to live safely and independently at home.
As the premier home care provider in Palo Alto, we have the deepest employee roster of skilled and compassionate caregivers. As a result, our Client Care Managers are able to match our clients to caregivers not only based on their home care needs, but also their personalities and interests. We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
Our 24/7 Guarantee means that we will be there when you need us – days, nights and weekends. Call us today to learn more or visit our office in Palo Alto.
We provide one-on-one support that allows your loved ones to live safely and independently at home.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
Why Choose Home Care Assistance
We strive to provide the best service. Here are a few reasons, among many others.
Daily Care Experts
We specialize in around the clock care to help seniors live well at home.
Care managers are on call for clients and their families, even during nights and weekends.
High Caliber Caregivers
We typically hire only 1 in 25 applicants and provide ongoing training and supervision.
Our unique approach to care promotes healthy mind, body and spirit.
No Long Term Contracts
Use our services only as long as you're 100% satisfied.
Peace of Mind
Independent industry surveys place our client satisfaction rate at 97%.
A Trusted Partner
We’re honored to be Preferred Providers for professionals in both the medical and senior communities.
Our proprietary cognitive stimulation program addresses cognitive decline, building on our expertise in brain health.
Local Testimonials: Read what your neighbors are saying about Home Care Assistance!
- Home Care Assistance was such a blessing during a very difficult time for our family. We found ourselves suddenly needing assistance with my father on very short notice and Lena, one of the case managers, was so helpful and kind. We were able to have someone start the very next day after I called. My father didn't need care for very long, but during the short time he was cared for, we could not have asked for a better experience. Both Lorie and Miriam were wonderful. They not only took great care of my father, but they were excellent communicators and sent me text updates so that I could relax a little while at work knowing he was ok. Lorie even cleaned out his fridge and decluttered his kitchen; a task I have been trying to tackle for a long time but was always barred by my father! I cannot express how much of a godsend HCA was for us. Now that my father is better and just needs a little help, we have set it up so that someone will come once a week to help him with various tasks like shopping, laundry, etc. Highly recommend.
- My husband is disabled and we needed a caregiver three afternoons a week to give me a break. The case manager Listened to what services we needed, then brought a candidate to be interviewed the next day. We agreed and ROY started on our schedule. A couple months later Roy had to take care of family issues, so the case manager assigned ALAN. We've been using Alan for over a year now and are very satisfied. When my mother-in-law needed someone to help her, we immediately set up an appointment for her to talk to Home Care Assistance. She now has an aide and is very satisfied. Alan works from 12:30 to 4:30 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. He is wonderful and now almost a member of the family. We have a routine and I am able to go out without worrying about my husband's safety and care. As mentioned above, my mother-in-law is very happy with her caregiver. I have recommended Home Care Services to several other people.
- After they met with me and my mom, we were sent 3 resumes. We met with the candidates and chose Julia. Julia was great. She was prompt, treated my mom with respect and took care of her needs while I was out of town. Just what we needed.
- This company is very responsive to our needs. They, like all caregiver companies, have a roster of caregivers they work with. The capabilities of each person they have sent to us vary considerably. Some caregivers have more health care training than others and they have different personality types. Matching a caregiver, especially someone who is as intimately a part of the family like a 24-hr caregiver, is a complex business. Some of the caregivers have been a good fit for us and some have not. The staff of Home Care Assistance has been willing and responsive to all my requests whenever I have called. One small issue I have is trying to reach anyone in their office on weekends. Their office is closed and I have had to ask caregivers for the cell phone numbers of the scheduler in order to reach anyone. It would be nice to have a reliable emergency contact number. Overall, this company is the most responsive and helpful of the four or five companies I have worked with.
- Service was provided overnight; no contracts; excellent caregiver (Rebecca), very prompt, helpful for preparing meals, coaching on exercise, nutrition, compassion. Always prompt. A very nice person. Did light house work and wanted to do more. Fed the cats, emptied litter box - beyond the call of duty. By the end of the two weeks was great friends with my wife as the rearranged the house, wrapped Christmas presents. Hated to see her go. I am not wanting for my wife to go through the illness again but I appreciated the availability, promptness and quality of service so I would request Rebecca's again.
- They did a good job of interviewing and finding the right people to help us. They are very dependable, and I have recommended them to other people. I would continue to use them if I had a need for their services.
- We did not continue with the first person because she instantly started to advertise working for another agency since she was temping for Home Care. We felt that she was more concerned about herself than taking care of my aunt. We really liked the second person except that we could not offer her enough of a regular and set schedule and she found a more rigid schedule. Home Care was compassionate and responsive. The original person we conducted interviews with was really good. We will definitely use Home Care in the future and we will have to analyze their caregivers on a case by case basis, which Home Care let us know about. Their response and face to face interview were very good. They were very upfront about everything, we can trust them. They were very well trained.
- HCA provides generally excellent care for my members at a fair and reasonable price.
- After checking Angie's List for recommendations, I looked up Kathy Johnson's web site and saw they did provide all of the services we needed. I called and we talked on the phone, and then Kathy came over to interview us for details and to drop off an Agreement. She considered 4 caregivers for us. The first had been working part time for a client who had a medical emergency that required full-time care. We were impressed that they were able to respond so quickly to that client's needs. We interviewed two other candidates, both of whom were qualified, seemed capable, nice and trustworthy, but didn't quite fit personality wise. Then Kathy send a third caregiver to interview. She, too, was fully qualified, and we immediately felt that she would be a good fit; and she has been. She started on the date and days we asked, and agreed to continue on after I returned from vacation. She is doing a great job. Home Care Asst. takes care of all bonding, insurance, workers comp and, etc.
- Great Customer Service! My mother was showing signs of Dementia and needed a senior care/elder care ASAP and they were kind enough to answer the phone off hours. They specialize in Live-In care. All we had to do was fill out this quick form and voila! they answered within the hour. Great service!!
- Home Care Assistance did a great job helping my 89-year old mother recover from shingles and return to her normal daily and weekly schedule. We had two different caregivers over a six-month period and both were very supportive. Client Care Manager Lena Vyrva was great and always available when we needed to adjust the schedule based on my mom's needs.
- What a blessing Kathy and her company are. I cannot tell you how satisfied we were with the job they did. These are people who REALLY care. They are worth every penny!
- Home Care Assistance is a truly professional home care agency. We interviewed a few of the local providers and there is no doubt that this agency is the best. They are on call 24 hours a day, have two Geriatric Care Managers on staff and have delightful caregivers who have been a blessing in the lives of my family. I recommend them to everyone who is need of quality in-home care.
- Last year my mom fell and received a new diagnosis of dementia in addition to her mild Alzheimer’s disease. She required a caregiver while I worked, but had multiple problems with those sent to us by various agencies because of her dementia diagnosis. Daycare programs were too lengthy and boring for her. After further inquiries, I was directed to call “A Place for Mom”. They connected me with an agency called Home Care Assistance. In addition to caregivers, they also have a division devoted to the Cognitive Therapeutics Method™. My mother was interviewed as to her interests and abilities and matched to a therapist (whom they call interventionists) who developed a program especially for her. She enjoys the stimulating puzzles and word games, in addition to music and physical exercise. This service has been a godsend for both her and me. She is calm and content when I return home from work. I have not had calls from caregivers, police, firefighters, or EMT’s at work to intervene with my mom’s behavior. She accepted the therapist from the start and works with her without problems. These people are true professionals and I cannot thank them enough for being able to handle her care while I am at work.
- We had to hire an agency to help us with long-distance eldercare, and we needed 24/7 assistance. We used this agency for over a year. Our first case manager was Maureen and, when she left this office for another job, we worked with Ani. Both of these women were very professional and excellent communicators. They were always responsive to our needs and very prompt with responses, regardless of the time or day. The caregivers that we settled into using were all terrific, in different ways. When we needed to make a change, if we got someone who was not a good fit for our mother, they were quick to find us new people until we could get a good fit. Doing all of this from 1000 miles away was not easy and this agency made things as easy on us as possible. In summary, I would say that what stood out was their kindness, professionalism, responsiveness, and compassion. Highly recommended.
Meet the Palo Alto Team
Jessica’s areas of expertise are HR, Administration, and Marketing. She has Customer Service experience, and was a Certified Nursing Assistant (CAN). Jessica was in a nursing program for almost 2 years in the Philippines before moving to the United States. Taking care of her mother who has had diabetes since she was a child is something that has given her relative insight into caring for someone within her home. Ever since childhood, she loved helping her mom in taking care of her disease. Jessica describes herself as easy-going, fair, independent, and a fast and avid learner. She loves her work as a HR Admin Assistant and doing marketing, it gives her a sense of balance!
Edwin joins the Palo Alto team as a Staffing Manager, after serving as Operations/Staffing Manager from a nursing registry in Santa Monica, CA for the past 5 years. Edwin has a Bachelors Degree in Law and Science, and several years of experience working as a Human Relations Manager. Edwin looks forward to exploring the Bay Area with his family, and taking to the local hills on his mountain bike. He is always guided by this saying "When nothing goes right, go left."
Diajii has her Bachelor's Degree in Kinesiology with a focus in Pre-Physical Therapy. Within Kinesiolgy she has acquired knowledge under human development and recreational classes. Diajii would like to apply this knowledge to the field of Geriatrics; which is her area of expertise. She enjoy's this field because it requires time, patience, and care. Diajii says "working in this field is not a business, it's a special service to a special group of people. That is what makes it self-fulfilling."
Deanne Belcher, RN joins Home Care Assistance Palo Alto as the Director of Business Development. Belcher is a highly-acclaimed home and health care expert with over 30 years of experience in the Bay Area. As Director of Business Development, she will coordinate home care services for seniors, educate the community on Home Care Assistance’s innovative approach to in-home care and work with other elder care professionals to help seniors in Palo Alto and the greater Peninsula thrive.
Prior to joining Home Care Assistance, Belcher worked in both clinical and management roles in home health. She started her career as a Registered Nurse before moving into the home health care arena in 1991, where she discovered her passion for home care and sales. She went on to assist with the creation and development of AdvoLIFE, a successful geriatric care management and caregiving company. As a company leader, Belcher helped with AdvoLIFE’s expansion and acquisition by LivHOME until 2011, when she became a key member of the start-up team for Agility Health, a licensed private duty home health agency. Her commitment to exceptional customer service along with her entrepreneurial spirit make her a perfect champion of the company’s mission to change the way the world ages.
Ani brings 4 years of experience in health care to Home Care Assistance, having worked in hospice and home health before choosing the home care field. She has a Bachelors degree in Health Care Administration/Management with a minor in Business Administration and uses these skills to strengthen her role as Client Care Manager and offer first class support to clients. Her passion for developing the client-caregiver relationship allows her to expertly match clients for optimal satisfaction and comfort. She enjoys seeing clients thrive through these relationships and is happy to be a part of such a rewarding industry.
Claudia brings over seven years of professional experience in senior care management to her role as Client Care Manager at Home Care Assistance. She brings vast knowledge to her role, especially in the areas of client support, quality assurance, staffing and accounting. Claudia earned her Bachelors Degree in Business Management before entering the home care industry as a caregiver, where she quickly moved up to Care Manager after only a few months. Ever since she was young, she was determined to find a career which would make a difference in people's lives. After helping care for her grandmother, who suffered from dementia, her lifelong passion became helping seniors live safely and comfortably at home, ensuring top quality of life for them and peace of mind for their families.
Mansi is joining the Home Care Assistance Team with over three years of professional experience in home care. She is a Registered Nurse and earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from San Jose State University. Mansi has a huge heart and succeeds at staying calm under pressure which is why she thrives in the home care industry. She loves making a difference in the lives of seniors and is thrilled to be a part of the Palo Alto home care team.
Annie Duong is the Client Care Manager for the Home Care Assistance office in Palo Alto. She has worked in the home care industry for over three years and has gained insight as both a caregiver and as a Client Care Manager. Annie earned her B.S. in Health Science from San Jose State University and finds her passion in improving the quality of life for those around her. She cherishes the time she spends with the families she works with and takes pride in being able provide the high quality of care Home Care Assistance offers to Bay Area seniors.
Micah has been delivering great service to our clients at Home Care Assistance for over 5+ years. She received her bachelors degree from San Francisco State University in business administration. Micah began her career at Home Care Assistance as a caregiver, but was quickly promoted when her talents for matching caregivers and clients was identified. She retains a passion for the day-to-day care our clients receive and is always working to improve the quality of care we provide.
Marissa brings over eight years of professional experience in the medical and home care fields to the Home Care Assistance Team. Before moving to the U.S., Marissa was a registered nurse in the Philippines and worked as an ER and Intensive Care Unit Nurse for three years. Marissa then worked as a Quality Assurance Coordinator and Assistant Staffing Manager at a home care agency for four years prior to her role at Home Care Assistance. Marissa is extremely qualified at staffing and training caregivers and is especially helpful at preparing them for challenging cases involving medical issues. Marissa enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment, working exceptionally hard to provide the most knowledgeable caregivers to fulfill clients needs and preferences.
Chess has a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and has over two years of professional experience in the medical field. Chess has a diversity of skills from his experiences as a Certified Nursing Assistant, a Sterile Processing Technician and a caregiver, who worked with clients requiring an expertise in dementia care, disabled care, hospice and more. Prior to joining Home Care Assistance, Chess worked as a Staffing and Quality Assurance Manager in San Mateo and Walnut Creek. After caring for his great-aunt, Chess was inspired to help care for others and sees home care as his true calling.
As a Junior Staffing Manager, Daisy coordinates client care based on their needs and preferences and assists the Human Resources department with caregiver applications, screenings and orientation. Daisy has professional experience in customer service and payroll and is certified to do in-house DOJ background checks for caregiver screenings. She is also the head of scheduling for our newest Caregivers2go program which provides on-demand caregivers at no minimum hourly requirement. Daisy has been a part of the Home Care Assistance team for three years and enjoys how rewarding it is to serve happy clients and their families.
With a degree in Health Science and over two and a half years of experience in long term care, Jennilyn is a true professional at coordinating client care. Previous to her role at Home Care Assistance, Jennilyn work as a Long Term Care Ombudsman for the Milpitas Care Center where she was an advocate for residents, ensuring a high level of care and improving their quality of life. She brings this mentality into her role at Home Care Assistance by always striving to uphold the quality of our care services by providing the most qualified and expertly matched caregivers for clients.
Alecsa's areas of expertise are recruitment and human resources. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Healthcare Administration and has professional experience as a HR Assistant for both a home health agency and a home care agency. Prior to her administrative experience, Alecsa was inspired by both of her parents, who are caregivers, and even served as a caregiver herself. She understands the meaning of good quality care and how it can make a difference in the life of a client, and wants to be a part of the team making that difference.
Nicole has over five years of professional experience in full cycle human resources, from recruiting and hiring to employee maintenance and compliance, as well as experience with injury and illness prevention training with a home care agency. Prior to her work in HR, Nicole worked as a caregiver one-on-one for clients in the home as well as for an assisted living facility for three years. Nicole enjoys helping others and believes that whether she is hiring the most qualified caregivers in the industry or assisting office staff, she is helping make a difference.
Mel Garibay is the Scheduling Assistant for Home Care Assistance Palo Alto. He recently graduated with a B.S. in Business Administration and management. Mel enjoys his work as a scheduling assistant as he continues to build and grow his career in the health care industry. Mel assists with scheduling caregivers and performs billing and payroll tasks. He believes that client satisfaction is essential and is passionate about contributing to the successful aging of seniors in Palo Alto, California.