La Jolla's Premier Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Rancho Santa Fe
- La Jolla
- North County
- San Diego
- and more!
- and more!
For over fifteen years, Home Care Assistance and our experienced caregivers have served seniors and their families with exceptional home care.
We provide older adults in San Diego and the broader community with one-on-one support that allows them to live safely and independently at home.
As the premier home care provider in San Diego, we have the deepest employee roster of skilled and compassionate caregivers. As a result, our Client Care Managers are able to match our clients to caregivers not only based on their home care needs, but also their personalities and interests. We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
Our 24/7 Guarantee means that we will be there when you need us – days, nights and weekends. Call us today to learn more or visit our office in San Diego.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
- I would like to let you know what a wonderful representative for your company Jackie from your La Jolla office is for your company. When I called, I had no idea what to ask about and was very stressed. Fortunately for me, Jackie was the one who took my call. She made me feel very comfortable that Home Care Associates could take care of my husband's needs and also answered all the questions I didn't even know to ask about.
She kept in touch with me until we had a date certain for him to go home and found a very good caregiver, Elizabeth, who made him feel comfortable and trusting and took care of all his needs. At one point, we had a minor scheduling problem. Jackie took my call at 6:00 pm on Friday and resolved the problem within a few minutes. She then called me back and let me know that everything was okay. She is very dedicated.
- When I went in to Home Care Assistance in La Jolla, they were having a cooking class to demonstrate how to prepare healthy food for seniors. How cool is that? I also heard they do yoga and other types of classes. My grandfather used a home care agency in Canada and although the caregivers were friendly, they never had services like this. The director, Jennifer Muskat, was extremely friendly and helpful and I have never had any issues with anyone from the office calling me back when I needed information. I would for sure recommend using Home Care if anyone in your family needs this kind of assistance/care.
- I liked the fact that if a caregiver wasn't a perfect fit for Dad, that I could request that a new caregiver be brought in instead. That only happened once. It wasn't that the caregiver was inadequate, in fact she was very skilled. She just didn't "click" with Dad. But all it took was one quick phone call to the scheduler and an immediate and perfect solution was found. Whenever I called their office, they listened. It was obvious that they really cared...My family and I highly recommend Home Care Assistance, and its dedicated staff and employees, to anyone looking for outstanding care for their loved one.
- I hired Home Care Assistance to provide weekend care for my dad in Carlsbad back in March of last year. We have a dear family friend we pay privately to care for Dad Monday through Friday. Home Care Assistance has Grace come in Saturday and Sunday and to cover on the days our friend needs time off during the week. Well I just received a call this morning at 5:30am from our friend that she cannot come in to care for my dad because she has the stomach flu that has been going around. She is supposed to arrive at my dad's house at 7am to make sure he takes his first dose of insulin!! I panicked!! I immediately called the agency not really expecting anyone to answer because it's 5:30am and off hours. The operator connected me immediately to Rosanna, the staffing person on call. She was so calm and helpful and assured me she will find me coverage. 40 minutes later she called back and told me they were sending their on call caregiver to my Dad's house and that she already walked her through my dad's case and that one of their Care Managers, Camilla, will be stopping by this morning to check on them. I can't believe how fast they worked at helping me out on a day I don't even have them regularly working for my Dad. Amazing! I was so impressed by their compassion and customer service!
- This agency offers flexible care schedules for any situation. Early mornings, four hour periods, late nights, overnight... they have someone for the job. Not to mention, their caregivers are trained well. They even put some of them through chef training classes so they know how to make tasty and healthy food. Great company if you are looking for flexible home care for your loved one. Everyone is really friendly in the office.
- I can't say enough good things about Home Care Assistance. I have worked with "multiple" home health care agencies and this is the first one to get it right! With previous agencies, I dealt with employee theft, staff that was incompetent and poorly trained, appalling billing practices and overall horrendous customer service. Home Care Assistance has their act together. They know how to match the client up with the correct staff and it is very apparent they screen their employees thoroughly. I would highly recommend this home health care agency to anyone who is seeking a professional and competent organization to take care of your loved ones!
- Was referred to Home Care Assistance when my Mom was coming home from Scripps. I was out of town and had to organize everything remotely. They were extremely helpful and professional. I was very stressed and totally lost but they handled everything from start to finish. Camille, is one of their care managers and went out to the hospital to assess mom the same day. She organized with the nurses and doctors and was able to get Mom home safely with care that day. What I liked the most was their flexibility and quick action. Mom came home with 24 hour care for the first few days then was able to slowly reduce hours to a manageable schedule. Highly recommend!
- Things with Home Care Assistance are working out very well. The person that we have coming out really extends himself and goes out of his way to really help out. He is very personable and friendly, able to talk sports and history with my husband, etc. Everything about them has been great and I highly recommend them.
- So far everything has gone very well with the Home Care Assistance service. The caregivers we've worked with have been friendly and professional, and the administrative staff have been easy to work with as well.
- The people at Home Care really do care. We have a private caregiver for four days a week and were thoroughly disgusted with the company we had before for the other three days, so we did some research and settled on Home Care Assistance. They have been wonderful, caring, and conscientious providing care for my 95-year-old mother at home. Their scheduling folks are excellent. I only hold back one star from my rating because of a few communication issues, but overall, I highly recommend them. I love across the country from my mother and I know she is in very good hands.
Meet the Team
Camille has been a part of the Home Care Assistance team for over 2 years and brings over 12 years of professional experience in the home care industry. She has a bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, as well as an Associate’s degree in Vocational Nursing. Camille is a Qualified Dementia Care Specialist through the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America and enjoys using her knowledge to lead a monthly Dementia Training Series for Home Care Assistance caregivers. In this way, she is able to help clients and their families through an often difficult journey. Camille is a compassionate and dedicated team member, and her specialized knowledge of dementia care helps us provide personalized, high-quality care for clients and peace of mind for their families.
Jackie graduated from San Diego State University with a degree in Communications. She has five years of professional work experience in public relations for a health and wellness company, as well as in account management for health and home care companies. Jackie excels at developing deep, meaningful relationships with her clients and is their number one advocate, always ensuring that they receive the best care. This expertise in client relations and her innate ability to empathize with others allows Jackie to thrive in the home care industry, which lets her make a difference in the lives of those who need support.
Rosie has over a decade of senior care experience; from home care to hands on memory care. Her passion is helping the elderly achieve and maintain their best quality of life. It is Rosie's belief that with kindness, respect, and being an active listener, she can help to attain individualized quality care for each client. Growing up in the Hawaiian culture, caring for your elders was embedded in her daily life. In this culture the believe that it is their responsibility, as a community, to care for the ones that once cared for them. It brings Rosie much joy when she is able to contribute in providing excellent care in someone's life, thus creating a better quality of life for them.
Sean Cygan has over 25 years of professional experience working in the home care industry. Prior to joining Home Care Assistance, Sean worked as a Site Coordinator, Human Resources Staffing Specialist/EEO Coordinator, Human Resources Generalist and Human Resources Staffing Coordinator. Sean brings his expertise in communication and coordination to his current role as Senior Staffing Manager, where he is able to match clients with caregivers based on their unique needs and preferences. Over the course of his professional career, Sean has worked with a variety of older adults, including seniors with disabilities, and he has a passion for helping them maintain their independence with the aide of exceptional in-home care.
Jennifer is the Regional Director of Client Services and acts as the ‘match maker’ of Home Care Assistance. She is able to match clients with caregivers by listening to and respecting their needs and preferences. She understands the complexities of working with families and individuals and works hard to meet their home care goals each and every day to provide the best in quality care. Jennifer has been working with older adults and Home Care Assistance for almost a decade and is considered by clients, families and other elder care professionals to be a true industry expert and leader.
Jenny joins Home Care Assistance with five and a half years of experience specializing in case management as a social services director. She has her Masters of Science in Gerontology from the University of Southern California and holds bachelors in both public health sciences and psychology and social behavior. Jenny has a passion for working with the aging population with a focus on improving their quality of life and enjoys building strong, lasting relationships with clients and their families. Seeing clients thrive in their homes, easing transition and providing peace of mind for families is why she is so excited to be part of the San Diego Home Care Assistance team.
Kelly graduated with her Bachelor's Degree in Public Health and Human Sciences and a minor in Psychology. She has had years of previous experience working as a Care Manager in the home care industry. Kelly is dedicated to changing the way the world ages and making a difference in elderly people's lives. She truly has a passion for changing people's lives and maintaining the independence of the elderly population. Kelly's promise to her clients is to provide the best possible care she can to them in order to keep them happy and healthy.