Southern Maine’s First Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Service
Serving happy clients in:
- North Yarmouth
- Cape Elizabeth
- South Porland
- and more!
Welcome to Home Care Assistance of Southern Maine – The premiere provider of non-medical in-home care for older adults. Whether enjoying Maine’s coast or snuggled up next to a nice fire at home we know that if you grew up in Maine, it is s a special place on the map. Our mission is to help “Change The Way The World Ages” one client at a time by helping seniors live WELL at HOME.
My name is Sue Arsenault, owner of Home Care Assistance of Southern Maine and I have a passion for people! I am especially grateful for the wisdom I have gained over the years from the Elders in my life. Seniors bring valuable insight and experience that they graciously pass down to the benefit of the generations after them. I believe it is a privilege and blessing to serve their changing needs in their senior years.
For Us, Elderly Care is Very Personal
I have personally experienced the heartbreak of having to move my dear grandma, against her will, out of her home of MANY years because of physical limitations she developed in her late 80’s. Living at home alone was no longer an option and, unfortunately, we never explored in-home care to keep her “aging in place”. Although moving to a new home is “ok” for some, I believe that my Grandma would have left this earth happier if she had that opportunity to remain in her home under the supervision of a Caregiver. A few years forward, after learning about caregiving in the home, my Great Aunt, who developed Alzheimer’s disease, was blessed by a relationship that she developed with a professional Caregiver. She brought my great Aunt calamity, safety and one on one LOVE in the comfort of her own home. Although it was difficult to see her progress into the late stages of the disease, we witnessed and were comforted by how the familiar environment of her own home made her overall battle with Alzheimer’s a little less daunting. What a gift! I am a true believer that “home is where the heart lives
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Team
Sue has a passion for people! She is especially grateful for the wisdom she has gained over the years from the Elders in her life. Sue appreciates that our seniors bring valuable insight and experience to us that they graciously pass down to the benefit of the generations after them. She believes that it is a privilege and blessing to serve their changing needs as they age into their senior years. Sue opened her business with a goal of setting a higher standard of excellence in home care for older adults and embraces the Balanced Care model of the Home Care Assistance time tested program. As the owner and Client Care Manager, Sue loves overseeing our clients’ care and helping them age comfortably at HOME. Sue is driven to exceed client expectations and believes that the relationship and the communication between the client, family members and Home Care Assistance must be superior under all circumstances. Sue graduated with a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration from the University of Maine and has held various jobs over the years in Sales /Marketing / Insurance and Real Estate that prepared and qualified her for this journey with Home Care Assistance. Sue resides in Windham with her husband, Tony, son and three step children. She enjoys her family, the outdoors and time with her church family.
Scott’s passion to assist seniors in maintaining independent living comes from his own personal experience caring for his senior family members and friends. He has been that caring, knowledgeable and supportive member in helping them retain their independence, dignity and quality of life, despite the aging process. Scott knows that it takes a very special person to be a Caregiver. As Employee Care Manager, Scott looks for the best caregivers with high caliber skills who have the same caring heart that he does and who want to genuinely make a difference in the life of a senior. Our mission is to “Change the Way the World Ages,” and we will do that one professional caregiver at a time.
To revolutionize the senior care industry in Maine we provide our Caregivers with engaging and accessible training. They are trained in our Balanced Care Method- which is a holistic, evidenced-based approach dealing with the mind, body and spirit philosophy to promote overall well-being and longevity.
Scott resides in Cumberland, Maine with his daughter. His career experience includes managing public and private education organizations, insurance and financial planning with a background in human resources and labor management. He is a graduate of Southern Illinois University with a Masters Degree in Education and a Bachelor Degree from the University of Maine at Presque Isle. He enjoys the outdoors, traveling, kayaking and time around the campfire with friends and family.