10 E. Cedar Street (Route 175)
Newington, CT 06111
Phone: (860) 372-4500
Thank you for your interest in Home Care Assistance of Greater Hartford. We are proud to offer the highest quality live-in and hourly home care to your area.
At Home Care Assistance, we know that choosing the right partner for in-home care can be a challenge. That’s why we have put together this site to help you better understand our commitment to seniors’ health and wellness.
Why Home Care Assistance?
- Leadership by example – Kathy N. Johnson, PhD, CMC, is a Certified Care Manager and the co-founder of Home Care Assistance, Inc. She holds a Doctorate in Psychology from the Illinois Institute of Technology. Kathy is committed to serving the needs of seniors nationwide, and providing exceptional service to all her clients.
- Live-in specialists – We are Hartford’s live-in specialists. Our caregivers are experienced and trained in round-the-clock care. Clients and their families can have peace of mind with live-in caregivers that monitor safety, attend to any immediate or daily need, and provide companionship.
- Our services – We are proud to have a distinguished reputation for high-caliber caregivers. Our caregivers take a holistic approach to our clients’ well-being by encouraging independence and engaging them in physical, mental and social activities. Our caregivers help with meal preparation, personal hygiene, bathing, medical reminders, transportation, and more, on both an hourly and live-in basis.
- Our network – We are the trusted provider of home care services to the clients of Care Managers, assisted living and nursing communities, hospitals and senior centers throughout the Hartford area. Our clients are referred to us from many channels, and we continue to build relationships within the community on a daily basis.
- Our Caregiver screening –We typically only hire one out of every twenty-five caregiver applicants. All caregivers must have at least two years of senior care experience. We also check references, criminal backgrounds, driving records, and work authorization documentation. Finally, we administer our exclusive Caregiver Personality Screening Test, developed by our on-staff PhD psychologists to verify potential employees’ honesty, kindness and conscientiousness; all essential traits for our caregivers.
- Our Caregiver training – Based on the scientifically studied lifestyle choices of the world’s longest living people, our exclusive Balanced Care Method™ emphasizes moderation and variety, with trained caregivers focusing on nutrition, physical exercise, mental stimulation, and sociability.
Balanced Care Method™
- Flat rate – We have a flat rate fee structure, which means that as the level of need increases, our rates do not. These rates are inclusive of bonding and insuring, employee taxes and workers compensation.
- Our live-in care expertise – Our in-home caregivers are trained to attend to any immediate or daily need, monitor safety, and provide companionship to our clients. Live-in care makes an affordable option for seniors who choose to have long-term care 24 hours a day.
- No long-term contract – We require neither a deposit nor a long-term contract, so clients stay with Home Care Assistance only as long as they are 100% satisfied.
- Our “We Will Be There” guarantee – Our automated time reporting system requires that caregivers check-in and check-out for care-giving from the client’s home phone, or our Care Manager is notified immediately. In the event a Caregiver is delayed, your Home Care Assistance Care Manager will find a suitable replacement right away.
Located at 10 E. Cedar St. (Rte. 175) in Newington, Connecticut, our office hours are 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM Monday through Friday. For our valued clients, we have an administrator on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call our local office today at (860) 372-4500 or use the form to the top right.
We look forward to meeting you and your in-home care needs.