Cincinnati's First Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Greater Cincinnati
- Northern Kentucky
- and more!
For over fifteen years, Home Care Assistance and our experienced caregivers have served seniors and their families with exceptional home care.
We provide older adults in Cincinnati and the broader community with one-on-one support that allows them to live safely and independently at home.
As the premier home care provider in Cincinnati, we have the deepest employee roster of skilled and compassionate caregivers. As a result, our Client Care Managers are able to match our clients to caregivers not only based on their home care needs, but also their personalities and interests. We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
Our 24/7 Guarantee means that we will be there when you need us – days, nights and weekends. Call us today to learn more or visit our office in Cincinnati.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Team
Our mission at Home Care Assistance is to change the way the world ages. We do that by developing innovative programs, awareness campaigns and educational resources that promote healthy longevity for seniors and advance our mission. Our Balanced Care Method™ approach to aging based on the scientifically studied lifestyle choices of the longest—and healthiest—living population on Earth emphasizes healthy nutrition, physical and mental exercise, and a purposeful and calm lifestyle. Moreover, it helps promote optimal quality of life and contributes to longer, happier and more productive lives for older adults. I am very proud to be part of the only home care solution that emphasizes active caregiving and improved lives. We also are the only company in Ohio that specializes in live-in care, which allows older adults to remain forever at home. We opened our business with a goal of setting a higher standard of excellence in home care for older adults. We strive to be a company that listens to the desire of our clients and responds to the needs of their families as well. Today, our clients and their families tell us we are on target.
Liz has worked as an Occupational Therapist in a hospital setting. Her clients included patients all along the lifespan continuum. She specifically worked in geriatrics with neurological and orthopedic conditions. Liz is excited to bring personal experience and expertise as a steward for our aging population and their families with Home Care Assistance.
Welcome, my name is Norrie Loomis and I am the Director of Client Care at Home Care Assistance. With a background in Social Work and patient admissions, and having lived in Cincinnati most of my life, I am passionate about giving back to people, especially in our own community.
After my wonderful mother was clinically diagnosed with dementia of the Alzheimer’s type, at the age of 83, I learned firsthand the struggles of dealing with hospitalizations, doctor’s appointments, managing medications, and coordinating both my parent’s medical needs and care. Besides physical, occupational, and speech therapy, I realized that taking care of aging parents is a full time job. Taking FMLA time off work allowed me (and my siblings) to help care for them, but we often felt inadequate to meet all their needs and ensure their safety, and knew we needed more support.
While pursuing my degree in Social Work I had the opportunity to intern with a local hospice agency for a year and a half. Going into the Social Work Program at Northern Kentucky University I knew that I wanted to work with the geriatric population. I began working at Home Care Assistance as a Caregiver before stepping into my current role Client Care Manager. While working as a Caregiver, I was able to complete graduate school and earn my Master’s in Social Work and to obtain my Licensed Social Worker status. A large part of my motivation to work with older adults was that I recognized how much of a privilege that it would be to get to care for people during such a vulnerable time in their lives. It is an amazing honor to be invited into someone’s home and be able to help care for their needs.
I am a strong believer in the Strength’s Perspective, which focuses on finding clients’ abilities, assets and resources as opposed to their weaknesses. When focusing on a person’s strengths it is much easier to work towards goals and be successful! I look forward to utilizing that with every client and caregiver that I encounter.
I am so excited for the opportunity to work with you!.