South Chicago's First Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Gold Coast
- River North
- Old Town
- Lincoln Park
- Irving Park
- Albany Park
- Hyde Park
- Palos Park
- Palos Hills
- Orland Park
- and more!
"Welcome to Home Care Assistance serving metro Chicago and surrounding communities, where our focus is QUALITY OF LIFE for your loved ones and for you. If your senior parent, partner, or relative is in need of trusted, comprehensive elderly care in the North Shore and Southern Suburbs, we can help. Our Care Managers are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
I understand firsthand the rewards and challenges that come with caring for an aging loved one who may not be able to take care of their own needs due to any number of conditions, including frailty, memory loss, stroke, Parkinson’s, a fall, or due to a recent stay at a hospital or rehabilitation center.
While finding the right care for your loved one may be difficult or confusing, you are not alone. We are here to answer any questions and to help you find the best care option for you or your loved one. Our caregivers are trained to improve quality of life no matter what the situation, via our Balanced Care program. -Margalit Tocher, president"
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Team
Margalit is responsible for ensuring that our mission of providing the highest quality, most reliable home care service is fulfilled. She also manages the day-to-day operations of the business. Margalit works with our Client Care Management and Employee Care Management teams to discuss each client’s particular situation. This process includes assessing the client’s special needs and requests. The team then collaborates to identify the ideal caregiver for that specific client. “It is very satisfying to know that we have helped make a positive impact on our clients’ lives by allowing them more independence in a safe environment,” Margalit says. “Our caregivers are the best in the industry, and it’s very rewarding to work with such hard-working and caring people.”
Gina is instrumental in developing partnerships within the senior, medical and business communities to help older adults attain an optimal quality of life. With more than 30 years of experience in sales and marketing, Gina first started with HCA as a client care manager to assess clients’ needs, develop care plans and provide ongoing case management. When her parents became ill in 2002, Gina was compelled to navigate the senior world on their behalf and advocate for their needs. The experience inspired her to pursue a career in health care. “It is an honor to work with families at this difficult period in their lives. I am proud to be part of a team that treats our clients as family members. We want our clients and their families to thrive as much as possible.”
With more than six years of experience in client care management, Gayle provides first-hand knowledge in the home-care industry for our clients. Given her personal experience in caring for her father who had Alzheimer’s, she relates to clients’ families who also are dealing with dementia and other conditions. “I’m very excited to part of the HCA team. We have a lot to offer our clients, and I look forward to expanding our brand in Chicago!”
Lois is responsible for many of the behind-the-scenes activities in the office including caregiver recruitment, training and scheduling. “It is such a great feeling to find the perfect caregiver to place with every client. The bond that the perfect match can create is just heartwarming.” Lois also leads training for all new caregivers in the Balanced Care Method.
Bindu is a highly motivated professional with an extensive background in health care. She holds a bachelor’s degree with a Foods and Nutrition major. Before joining Home Care Assistance, she worked for two renowned labs as an account executive. When a close relative experienced a terminal illness, Bindu developed a passion for helping aging and ailing populations, and she found her calling in Home Care Assistance. “I am truly impressed with the fact that this company gives so much importance to the quality of care and puts seniors first before anything else.”
Nancy’s first experience with HCA as an employee care manager focused on a key area of the company – the caregivers. With her compassion and experience, she now orchestrates the processes behind our staffing efforts and our investment in training, professional development and employee engagement along with client care management. “It is exciting to be a part of a growing organization where each person truly cares about aging in a positive way through the unique Balanced Care Method.”
Izabel is responsible for many of the behind-the-scenes activities in the office, including caregiver recruitment, training and scheduling. As a former caregiver, she has firsthand experience in the complexities of caring for others and deftly pairs skilled and compatible people with our clients. “My experience as a caregiver comes into play constantly as I work with our team. We work together to care for and honor our clients so that they can enjoy each day – what a privilege.” Always available, Izabel ensures that our clients and caregivers are satisfied and prepared.
Stephanie hires incredible caregivers to assist our clients. “It’s such a great experience to work for a growing company who truly cares about Quality of Life for each and every client – and caregiver!”
Michelle is very excited to be an Employee Care Specialist at Home Care Assistance after interning for the company last summer. She recently graduated from Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin, and is motivated to start a career helping others. As an Employee Care Specialist, Michelle appreciates working for an organization that helps the elderly as well as an organization that supports caregivers who are selfless enough to help others.
Beth combines her prior years of management experience in multi-national professional service and consumer products businesses with a passion for making sure the office works to deliver outstanding care to clients. “It’s great to be part of an organization that can have such a powerful impact on the quality of life of our clients and their families.”
Robin has worked in healthcare marketing and communications for more than 20 years. Most recently she worked with a healthcare system to brand its health and wellness programs for the public and for businesses. With the large metro and suburban areas that Home Care Assistance Chicago serves, Robin’s goal is to make sure communications are consistent across all locations. “Having helped my mom realize her goal to stay in her home through the end of her life, I identify strongly with our clients’ objectives to live in their own homes with the support of our amazing caregivers. They truly bring our mission to life.”
Before becoming a registered nurse, Alita worked as a caregiver for Home Care Assistance. “I experienced the deep commitment to excellent care and personalized service to our clients first hand,” says Alita. “A Home Care Assistance caregiver goes above and beyond what is expected.” In addition to her work at Home Care Assistance, Alita has experience with home bound patients as a travelling nurse. In addition to being a registered nurse, Alita has earned a Master’s Degree in clinical psychology. “Nursing is not just about medical information; it is about treating the whole person within the unique context of his or her life.”
Norberto is a co-founder of Home Care Assistance of Greater Chicago. He is part of the firm’s Board of Advisors and management team helping to set strategy, design programs and select the company’s key personnel. Norberto also oversees the company’s financial management. He brings more than 30 years of business and entrepreneurial experience to HCA Chicago. “It is rewarding to provide valuable, caring services to seniors and others. I am proud that we are so selective in choosing caregivers and ensuring that we match clients with just the right person. The big investment we make in training caregivers always shines through.”
Jordan is a co-founder of Home Care Assistance of Greater Chicago. He is part of the firm’s Board of Advisors and management team helping to set strategy, design programs and select the company’s key personnel. Jordan has held numerous leading positions in Chicago area businesses, including as a senior executive of Navistar International Corp., and is currently CEO and President of Victor Technology LLC. Jordan’s family has been involved in the Alzheimer’s Association of Chicago since his grandmother suffered from Alzheimer’s more than 25 years ago. “I am proud that HCA is committed to changing the way the world ages. Our proprietary programs such as The Balanced Care Method™, specialized caregiver training delivered through HCA University, and focus on delivering the best Alzheimer’s and dementia care programs really make a difference in our clients’ lives.”