At Home Care Assistance, we encourage wholesome eating and a well-balanced lifestyle for healthy longevity. We recommend eating locally and seasonally for a diverse, fun diet. In October, Brussels sprouts are one of the most delicious, seasonal vegetables, and are rich in vitamin A and dietary fiber.
Here is a great, simple recipe for Brussels sprouts that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients or a lot of work in the kitchen!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
1 lb. fresh Brussels sprouts
3-4 garlic cloves
½ cup olive oil
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400˚.
- Wash, de-stem and remove yellow outer leaves of sprouts.
- Cut each sprout in half.
- Chop garlic cloves.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine halved sprouts and chopped garlic with enough olive oil to evenly coat everything.
- Pour oiled sprouts and garlic into a 11” x 17” glass pan.
- Roast in oven for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Place food in serving dish and add remaining olive oil, if desired. Salt and pepper to taste, then enjoy!
There are many variations that can be added to this dish, either before or after roasting. Options include adding chopped bacon to the sprouts while roasting or squeezing fresh lemon juice over the finished dish to add a zesty tang.
Enjoy this recipe alongside a roasted chicken for a healthy and simple meal. Cheers to good health!