-Dr. Kathy Johnson, PhD, CMC
In the US, the most respected people are those in the oldest generations. A survey was taken among 4,000 Americans aged 21 to 83 about their thoughts on different generations.
ages 13-31 = Generation Y
ages 32-43 = Generation x
ages 44-62 = Baby Boomers
ages 63-83 = Silent Generation
ages 84+ = Greatest Generation
Some interesting thoughts gathered from the study:
* Baby boomers are most widely viewed as the group of people that has a positive effect on society followed by Generation X.
* The most admired generations are the silent generation and Greatest Generation.
* The Silent Generation and Baby Boomers are viewed as the most generous group of people.
* The most productive group of people are Baby Boomers and Generation X.
* A majority view Generation Y as being the most self indulgent followed by Generation X.
According to the studies, this shows that the old saying “the young generation doesn’t respect their elders” is quite possibly false! Your daily food-for-thought from Home Care Assistance!