Our Top 10 Achievements of 2014
Every December at Home Care Assistance, we like to take time to reflect on our achievements over the past twelve months and how they served our clients, caregivers and communities. Read on for our Top 10 Achievements of 2014.
- Home Care Assistance has not only surpassed 100 locations, opening 23 new sites throughout North America, but we also established our first cross-ocean expansion into Australia!
- We have served 5,000 clients and have helped more than 20,000 families navigate their care needs.
- In keeping with our reputation as a fast-growing employer, we added more than 1,000 new positions and now have more than 5,000 employees across North America.
- We furthered our commitment to changing the way the world ages with two parallel, community-centric campaigns: Senior Wish and Honor Your Living Legend. Both programs celebrate older adults and give voices and faces to an undervalued population.
- We expanded our award-winning book series with The Brain Boost, a book that offers practical, everyday tips to support brain health and longevity.
- The Cognitive Therapeutics Method continues to build momentum across our communities, with clients expressing gratitude for the positive changes they are seeing. From helping a client go from a sedentary state to rediscovering her love for jigsaw puzzles, to motivating a client with Parkinson’s disease and Lewy Body Dementia to start writing again, Cognitive Therapeutics is successfully contributing to sharp minds while simultaneously improving quality of life.
- We have continued to provide a superior level of service to each and every client with a 97% client satisfaction rate. Read what our clients and trusted partners have to say and learn more about what makes us the premier provider of in-home care.
- We expanded our educational, public webinar series with new presentations featuring Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum, author, attending cardiologist and Director of Women’s Heart Health at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, the National Spokesperson for the American Heart Association’s Go Red Campaign, and other leading researchers and experts in the health and wellness fields.
- We continue to promote healthy longevity through ChangingtheWaytheWorldAges.com, featuring industry experts such as acclaimed journalist and Time Magazine’s Boomer Expert, Francine Russo, and award-winning author, Virginia Morris, who regularly makes national headlines with appearances on Oprah, TODAY, NPR and Good Morning America, among others.
- We added 95 new courses to our Home Care Assistance University (HCAU), a unique online learning platform that gives our caregivers access to the training and expertise they need to provide the gold standard of care. New courses include Kosher Care, Managing Pain, and Recognizing, Reporting and Preventing Elder Abuse. Our University helps us attract and retain the highest caliber caregivers, and is another reason why thousands of families and health professionals choose Home Care Assistance.
We expect 2015 to be another milestone year for Home Care Assistance and look forward to sharing it with you. As we continue in our mission to change the way the world ages, we encourage you to provide us with feedback and to ask questions about our services, caregivers and new programs.
On behalf of everyone at Home Care Assistance, we hope you have a safe, healthy and happy new year!