Home care services ensure seniors can age in place in the comfort of home. Seniors can maintain their independence while staying safe with the assistance of a caregiver.
In recognition of National Home Care and Hospice Month, we would like to share several ways that you can celebrate this month in your local community:
• Honor the different types of home care providers (based on area of specialty) on specific days or weeks in November
• Air a PSA or paid ad on a local radio or television station in recognition of this month
• Ask patients and families to sign a giant thank you card for staff and volunteers!
• Host an “Employee and Volunteer of the Year” awards event
• Cater a special meal for your patients or clients, incorporating their favorite foods
• Ask employees, volunteers, or the local Humane Society to participate in a share-a-pet day and request that carefully screened pets be brought to client’s homes for companionship
For more ideas, read online: http://www.nahc.org/HCHPCMonth/10/celebrate_hospice.html