-Dr. Kathy Johnson, PhD, CMC
While most of the world is now converting to the complexities of Blackberries and iPhones, Snapfon is a new gadget doing just the opposite. Creating a simple phone, Snapfon can be the perfect tool to give you and your loved ones peace of mind. Let’s check out some of the features:
– The most important aspect that I found on the Snapfon is the big red SOS button on the back of the phone. When there is an emergency, it will consecutively call 4 of your programmed numbers until someone answers. As well, it will dial your local emergency response center. By activating the SOS button, it also sends a text message to all 4 numbers saying “Emergency please answer my call.”
– The numbers on the buttons and the screen are large and easy to read for seniors who may be hard of sight.
– If the 28-point font isn’t enough, there is a speaking keypad that will tell you the numbers that you dial.
– In the dark, there is an LED flashlight on the top of the phone.
– There is also a built-in digital FM tuner that can play through speakers or through a headset that is included in your Snapfon kit.
– They include a soft case and lanyard so that seniors can always carry the Snapfon around their necks for easy access.
The specs on this phone are definitely impressive– it is easy to use and has the seniors and visually-impaired users in mind. Now all you have to do is add them to your cell phone plan. It is comforting to know that your parents or grandparents can reach you when you are not nearby.