In lieu of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, I wanted to provide a few ideas of ways to give back to the community on this national day of service. There are so many things you can do, no matter how much time you have.
• Donate school supplies to local schools.
• Volunteer at a local soup kitchen or homeless shelter.
• Read with a child.
• Take a loved one to the doctor.
• Send a “Thinking of You” card to a loved one.
• Go green! Carpool, turn down the heater, or turn off your lights.
• Donate blood.
• Run errands for a loved one.
• Hold a food or used book drive.
• Go to www.createthegood.com to find local events and activities in your community for you to give back!
It is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives. Today reminds us that it is important to take a moment to give back to your community.
Now, go give back!