Annapolis’ First Choice for Senior Home Care and Elder Care Services
Serving happy clients in:
- Anne Arundel County
- Howard County
- Prince Georges County
- and more!
For over fifteen years, Home Care Assistance and our experienced caregivers have served seniors and their families with exceptional home care.
We provide older adults in Annapolis and the broader community with one-on-one support that allows them to live safely and independently at home.
As the premier home care provider in Annapolis, we have the deepest employee roster of skilled and compassionate caregivers. As a result, our Client Care Managers are able to match our clients to caregivers not only based on their home care needs, but also their personalities and interests. We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
Our 24/7 Guarantee means that we will be there when you need us – days, nights and weekends. Call us today to learn more or visit our office in downtown Gambrills.
We offer high quality assisted living where seniors most prefer: at home.
How can we help you?
Learn more about our innovative in-home brain health program
A new approach to promoting cognitive vitality. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs in the familiar home environment.
The Home Care Assistance Advantage
Why Choose Home Care Assistance
We strive to provide the best service. Here are a few reasons, among many others.
Daily Care Experts
We specialize in around the clock care to help seniors live well at home.
Care managers are on call for clients and their families, even during nights and weekends.
High Caliber Caregivers
We typically hire only 1 in 25 applicants and provide ongoing training and supervision.
Our unique approach to care promotes healthy mind, body and spirit.
No Long Term Contracts
Use our services only as long as you're 100% satisfied.
Peace of Mind
Independent industry surveys place our client satisfaction rate at 97%.
A Trusted Partner
We’re honored to be Preferred Providers for professionals in both the medical and senior communities.
Our proprietary cognitive stimulation program addresses cognitive decline, building on our expertise in brain health.
- I could not have been more pleased with your company's services, and most of all, the assigned caregiver. The pre-visit to my home was very reassuring that I was dealing with a company of integrity. My caregiver never stopped trying to find things to do for me. The cost was well worth the service. I would not hesitate to recommend your service in the future.
- I work frequently with older adults. Many need help with activities of daily living, especially meal preparation, so I am excited to learn about the Balanced Care Method™ for caregivers. The information in the training manual about a healthy diet reflects the latest research, and the fact that it is based on the habits of the long-lived elders of Okinawa is very inspiring.
- The 24-hour care that Home Care Assistance provided for our mom was unparalleled. She had three caregivers, each as compassionate, dedicated and hardworking as the next. Each caregiver worked eight hour shifts, which enabled them to stay focused and well rested, and in turn, provide the best care possible.
- We chose Home Care Assistance because their care managers are extremely personable, caring and responsive. We know we can call them for anything, 24/7. They've even managed emergency scheduling requests within an hour.
- Bottom-line, your company provided me the choice of several qualified caregivers within 72 hours of my call (including a weekend); and the caregiver I selected from Home Care Assistance (Conrad) was a total blessing and I believe an answer to prayer. "Thank you" doesn't quite cut it, but that's all I have...thank you very much.
- I am writing you to express my extreme gratitude with the services that your company has provided my mother over the past month. Without your caregivers and their thoroughness in understanding difficult situations, my mother had a very good chance of not surviving her latest release from the local hospital. It was only your caregivers' critical observations that saved the day. Again, I am thrilled to have your company working with my mother, providing assistance with great personal support and encouragement to brighten her remaining time here.
- I was in a panic and desperate because I knew I would never find a caregiver so late on a Friday. But I found Home Care Assistance and couldn't be happier with their service! The woman they sent to care for my mother was just wonderful and my mother said she was so glad we found someone to care for her.
- I want to thank you and your organization for the outstanding job that you did caring for my uncle these last couple months - the care enabled my uncle to spend his last months in his home and with his friends from the men's club - my brother and I really appreciate the effort that you made - I think it made a big difference in the quality of my uncle's life.
- But beyond creating strengths for elders, families that emphasize Balanced Care will come to work together and understand more clearly how to cope with medical problems and illnesses. The secret is in the strength of the foundation of care. The rest then comes into clearer perspective; complex situations and decision-making during this time of life are better understood and engaged. Home Care Assistance is about foundation-building–for elders, families, supportive friends and, ultimately, for your health care team.
- Your company is amazing. Jessie, Jill, Mimi, and the woman in charge of staffing were efficient, fast and kind. I found out late Wednesday that mom was coming home Thursday mid-day. I called Jessie Thursday morning. Jill called me and by 1:00 they were ready to come in with someone on a 24-hour-basis. Unbelievable! Mimi has been terrific. She has helped mom with her physical needs, prepared meals, helped in the middle of the night, done laundry when mom needed it...and has kept mom safe. It has been a relief; we have not had to alter our own schedules and enjoy our spare moments visiting with mom and Mimi in a carefree manner. Family members who didn't think it necessary for mom to have any help are now on board - including mom! Thank you!
Meet the Team
Donta has 8 years of experience in staffing and scheduling. He is currently enrolled in college for Sociology. He enjoys his job because he has a passion for helping people in need. In his free time, Donta usually volunteers at homeless shelters and has volunteered in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program. He is excited to use his personal skills and education to create the best atmosphere possible for his clients and caregivers.
MaryAnne has 40+ years’ experience as a medical professional. She is a Registered Nurse, who earned her Associate degree in 1998. MaryAnne has functioned in private medical offices, hospitals, rehab/nursing home, discharge planning, providing medical home health services as functioned as a Geriatric Care Manager. Functioning as a staff floor nurse in cardio/orthopedic rehab area taught her that she enjoyed working with patients who may have experienced life altering events which had potential to seriously affect their quality of life. MaryAnne developed a sincere desire to assist persons to improve their life status. Her focus migrated to the geriatric arena approximately 20 years ago; functioning as an advocate for this population and their families to maintain safe independence and to participate in the decision-making process when possible.
MaryAnne’s philosophy is that she personally views each and every potential client and/or family member with whom she comes into contact with as her own family. She makes recommendations and scheduling decisions from that prospective. She considers it a privilege to work with individuals who are usually facing a crisis situation. It is extremely self-satisfying for her to know that she might actually be making a difference in their lives.
MaryAnne feels she has been fortunate in working with marvelous knowledgeable professionals who recognized her desire to continue to learn and grow in her professional life, which has led her to where she is today. It has been an amazing adventure which she plans to continue. MaryAnne says as she also begins to "age in place," she hopes to continue to guide individuals along with the same set of desires and expectations she has for herself!
Prior to coming on board at Home Care Assistance, Ellen was the Business Development Director for major transportation companies, but always made time to follow her passion by volunteering for several non-profits that assisted people with social related issues including seniors wishing to remain independent in their homes. Ellen graduated from the school of Social Work from Syracuse University. She considers herself a life-long learner by continuing her education through workshops, courses, and seminars. Ellen is connected to the business and professional community through her involvement in multiple chambers and senior organizations by serving on boards and leadership positions. She believes strongly in the Balanced Care Method that is the foundation of Home Care Assistance as Ellen is personally and professionally dedicated to healthy living. She has aging parents who are a great example of addressing mind, body and spirit through diet, exercise, and a very active life-style.